Edinburgh City (the one without the nice round tower) are coming off a good result last night- 4-0 against Stenny. Brechin City (the one with the round tower) have picked up after a disastrous start.

I haven't been to Glebe Park since a Paul Rutherford inspired Meadowbank Thistle stuffed them 5-1 about 25 years ago. (That result was annulled as the Blobby led Meadowbank admin didn't realise Rutherford had been suspended. They blamed Rutherford himself for the f*ck up and he was transferred to Scarborough.)

I believe the hedge is still there, it'll probably be freezing, another 5-1 win would be nice, an annulment of a 5-1 win won't happen as the current admin aren't daft and I can't remember what Brechin's pies are like.

On 30/10/2019 at 13:25, tamthebam said:

Edinburgh City are coming off a good result last night- 4-0 against Stenny. Brechin City  have picked up after a disastrous start.

I watched a couple of Brechin games at the start of the season (one as a neutral)  and never thought they were all that bad.

They were short of bodies but still gave Forfar a good game in the Betfred cup and us at Ainslie park, only losing both games 2-1.

They've a new manager now and I'm expecting another hard game and will be pleased with any win.

We just need to keep the pressure on Cove, and deal with them when they come to Ainslie park.

Good luck to Cowdenbeath tomorrow as well!

I'll predict Brechin 1- Edinburgh 2

Was entertaining for the neutral. Edinburgh clearly a much better side but Brechin hung on and battled and might have sneaked a point. The last ten minutes were turbocharged.

Manager Wilson clearly has to do his best with this group until the window and then bring a few in. Brechin 3-4 players short of being competitive. Midfield dominated by a slick visiting team and the defence is horrendous.

Never seen so many passes go astray from two centre halves. The boy McLaughlin at left back has something, Hill maybe, but would bomb the other two out. 

To Wilson’s credit Brechin have a bit more about them since he came in. A critical period coming up for them now with games against QP, Stenny, Albion and Stirling in the next few weeks. Hope they can manage to put some better results together and pull away from danger. Hard times at the Glebe presently.

Non round tower City tried to play some nice stuff, perhaps never wise on a heavy pitch, but there was some quality there at times. It's always good when Lairdy scores a goal- sometimes the midfielders like him and Liam Brown who graft away in the centre don't get noticed so often but he does a power of work. It was a lovely goal as well. 

10 minutes to go, quite a lot of City pressure, but 1 goal. "We need a second" is the common thought amongst the visiting fans and lo and behold, as I predicted, Brechin get a goal to equalise. Is it going to be one of those games? Well, the players rallied and grabbed a second. I wasn't sure about the penalty but I'm glad we got it as another slip up saw Brechin grab a second. 

Three points picked up on the road but perhaps it should have been easier than it was. 

I suppose the good news for Brechin is that they haven't been cast adrift. For example there's only 5 points between them and a Warriors side who looked a bit of a shambles on Tuesday against us and lost again today.