Rangers Recruitment

I recently wrote an article about what former Southampton head of recruitment Ross Wilson will bring to Rangers ( Link below) 

* Change in Age profile 

* Change in diversity 

I also looked at how the squad is mapped out and where each player sits within the squad. 

https://purefitbaw.com/2019/10/30/ross-wilson-could-change-the-game-for-rangers/

rangers-9-grid-1.png

1 hour ago, purefitbaw said:

I recently wrote an article about what former Southampton head of recruitment Ross Wilson will bring to Rangers ( Link below) 

* Change in Age profile 

* Change in diversity 

I also looked at how the squad is mapped out and where each player sits within the squad. 

https://purefitbaw.com/2019/10/30/ross-wilson-could-change-the-game-for-rangers/

rangers-9-grid-1.png

Staunch Andy Halliday won't be happy!

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

I thought Tavernier was back to being a diddy again?

Only by the misinformed. Still has extremely strong stats in terms of creating chances for team-mates. His delivery from corners has gone up a level this season too. Needs to be taken off penalties for a while right enough.

1 minute ago, TavTastic said:

Yeah a full-back in a team that gets and expects the majority of possession/play. In the modern game that's a very different role from what it used to be 20-30 years ago.

Thanks for the lesson on the modern game, but he is still a defender.

12 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Only by the misinformed. Still has extremely strong stats in terms of creating chances for team-mates. His delivery from corners has gone up a level this season too. Needs to be taken off penalties for a while right enough.

I have to admit, much of my perception is based on what my Rangers supporting sister retweets. I have watched 4 Rangers games this season that I recall. Against Celtic and YB, both goals scored by each of those sides came down his side of the defence, and the goal conceded to Hearts was desperately poor from him also.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Thanks for the lesson on the modern game, but he is still a defender.

Yeah and we've conceded the tied least amount of goals in the league.

On the corner point it's an important one to mention as it's a useful skill for the team. Without that on Sunday or at Rugby Park we would be 4 points worse off.

Edited by TavTastic