Jump to content
jagfox99

Ayr United vs Partick Thistle

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Just watched highlights of the game mate?

You could watch them all night , some fantastic football being played , every goal well worked 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I came away from Somerset yesterday feeling really happy that we had turned in such a terrific performance and battered a very poor team. Ayr could have won by 3 or 4 more quite easily and it would have been merited. I have read the last few pages and can only shake my head in disbelief that, as usual, some elements of the Ayr support have found something to moan about. They just can't help themselves. We have an exciting and entertaining team on the park. Just enjoy it and stop moaning for the sake of moaning.
I'm concerned that people are letting this affect their enjoyment of yesterday's performance. The team have had a phenomenal week, and I'm buzzing about that. Wee Moore looks on fire and Kerr has had a great start.

At the same time I think we need to do much more to improve the queues before matches. The two are very different issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm concerned that people are letting this affect their enjoyment of yesterday's performance. The team have had a phenomenal week, and I'm buzzing about that. Wee Moore looks on fire and Kerr has had a great start.

At the same time I think we need to do much more to improve the queues before matches. The two are very different issues.

Absolutely this. It's a match thread and should not just be confined to what happens on the field.

It'd be interesting to hear from Thistle fans caught up in ticketgate.

Edited by BukyOHare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Absolutely this. It's a match thread and should not just be confined to what happens on the field.

It'd be interesting to hear from Thistle fans caught up in ticketgate.

They'll be delighted they missed a chunk of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave up trying to buy a ticket at 3:15 and staggered back into the town centre to sample more of Ayr’s fantastic pubs.

Delightful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of ticket fiascos.

Remember away to Livi in the league cup earlier this season? Now that was a total debacle. It took the braniacs in charge up until 5 mins before kick off to open another ticket booth. I managed to get in with about 5 mins already played. A fair chunk were not so lucky! Both home and away supporters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Speaking of ticket fiascos.
Remember away to Livi in the league cup earlier this season? Now that was a total debacle. It took the braniacs in charge up until 5 mins before kick off to open another ticket booth. I managed to get in with about 5 mins already played. A fair chunk were not so lucky! Both home and away supporters.

That’s very true.

However other clubs failings shouldn’t be used as an excuse. I’m a big advocate for the cashless turnstiles however this shouldn’t then lead to long queues. Imo the only people that shouldn’t be turning up to the ground without a ticket are the ones who decided at the last minute to nip along and some of the older generation and less tech savvy supporters although I do know plenty of older guys that have managed to use the online system. Even the guys going along at the last minute can buy a ticket on their way to the ground although I recognise not everyone will have a smartphone.

For everyone else there is no excuse. No Ayr fan can claim they didn’t know the ticketing system and any away fans that don’t know have been let down by their own club for not telling them.

The big issue here as ayrmad has correctly pointed out is how the club responded to the issue. Having large numbers of supporters hanging about outside while the match is underway isn’t acceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:


That’s very true.

However other clubs failings shouldn’t be used as an excuse. I’m a big advocate for the cashless turnstiles however this shouldn’t then lead to long queues. Imo the only people that shouldn’t be turning up to the ground without a ticket are the ones who decided at the last minute to nip along and some of the older generation and less tech savvy supporters although I do know plenty of older guys that have managed to use the online system. Even the guys going along at the last minute can buy a ticket on their way to the ground although I recognise not everyone will have a smartphone.

For everyone else there is no excuse. No Ayr fan can claim they didn’t know the ticketing system and any away fans that don’t know have been let down by their own club for not telling them.

The big issue here as ayrmad has correctly pointed out is how the club responded to the issue. Having large numbers of supporters hanging about outside while the match is underway isn’t acceptable.

Indeed, I purchased my ticket at around 3pm in the big lay-by at Sandyford, it's not as easy as pay at the gate but it is a good system (tweaks needed aside) for cashless, Livi was a shambles made bearable due to it being a lovely evening, I'd have been back down the road if it was pouring that night.

Edited by ayrmad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Indeed, I purchased my ticket at around 3pm in the big lay-by at Sandyford, it's not as easy as pay at the gate but it is a good system (tweaks needed aside) for cashless, Livi was a shambles made bearable due to it being a lovely evening, I'd have been back down the road if it was pouring that night.

1. Perhaps not for you, but it is undoubtedly easier for me and I’d imagine a significant number of others who don’t carry cash around most of the time. It annoyed me for years having to actively go earlier to stop at the closest cash machine (not very close) to lift money. New system far easier and quicker.

2. Would you genuinely drive all the way to Livingston to turn around and drive back because there was a queue to get in? I find that bonkers. The queue that night was poorly managed, and because they don’t have a great system like us where you can buy in advance online it was a disgrace. If they’d had our system it would’ve been absolutely no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

1. Perhaps not for you, but it is undoubtedly easier for me and I’d imagine a significant number of others who don’t carry cash around most of the time. It annoyed me for years having to actively go earlier to stop at the closest cash machine (not very close) to lift money. New system far easier and quicker.

2. Would you genuinely drive all the way to Livingston to turn around and drive back because there was a queue to get in? I find that bonkers. The queue that night was poorly managed, and because they don’t have a great system like us where you can buy in advance online it was a disgrace. If they’d had our system it would’ve been absolutely no problem.

We've been over this a hundred times but there's lots of the older generations who don't have a smartphone, laptop, tablet and who have never used the internet, in fact I know a few younger people who cant do online either. Thistle will undoubtedly have some of those older fans as will every other club in the league so we really should be attempting to cater for them rather than giving it the "tough shit" that's the way it is sort of line. After all we're the ones selling the product hoping people buy it.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from that, excellent display from ayr up until we took the foot of the gas and made the substitutions, however everything went well. Moore has his confidence back and is looking like a top striker again, Kelly is playing his new deeper role really well, Moffat, Mccowan and forrest were unplayable with their passing, pace and movement and houston had his best match since joining us. 6 points from our last 2 matches and we even managed to give the front 3 a bit of a rest. Brilliant stuff from us and great for Kerr. Bring on the Queens !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

1. Perhaps not for you, but it is undoubtedly easier for me and I’d imagine a significant number of others who don’t carry cash around most of the time. It annoyed me for years having to actively go earlier to stop at the closest cash machine (not very close) to lift money. New system far easier and quicker.

2. Would you genuinely drive all the way to Livingston to turn around and drive back because there was a queue to get in? I find that bonkers. The queue that night was poorly managed, and because they don’t have a great system like us where you can buy in advance online it was a disgrace. If they’d had our system it would’ve been absolutely no problem.

1. I'm not doubting that it's far easier for the percentage that go cashless, I had a brick until this year, there's no way my personality would have me queueing up every fortnight at the office and that's me watching football that deserves a full Somerset.

2. Getting soaked in summer attire holds no interest for me, I was only attending to see what we looked like, qualifying out of the group was not as important to me as it was for the club or some other fans, I thought our team were shagged by this time last season due to cup games.

While I'm not a fan of cashless, I am glad that we've chosen a system that doesn't generally f**k fans around.

I'm also s Sunderland fan, they've been cashless for a long while and it was always easy to pick up my tickets there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apart from that, excellent display from ayr up until we took the foot of the gas and made the substitutions, however everything went well. Moore has his confidence back and is looking like a top striker again, Kelly is playing his new deeper role really well, Moffat, Mccowan and forrest were unplayable with their passing, pace and movement and houston had his best match since joining us. 6 points from our last 2 matches and we even managed to give the front 3 a bit of a rest. Brilliant stuff from us and great for Kerr. Bring on the Queens !!
Couldn't have better a better teacher for Kelly than Kerr to play that deeper/playmaker role

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logged into P&B this morning and saw I had about 8 pages of unread content in the Ayr v Thistle thread, 

Thought I was in for a delightful hour of chat about Ian McCall's fizzing coupon and the absolutely orgasmic display of Kerrball.

Instead, I get this absolute pish. F*** off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Speaking of ticket fiascos.

Remember away to Livi in the league cup earlier this season? Now that was a total debacle. It took the braniacs in charge up until 5 mins before kick off to open another ticket booth. I managed to get in with about 5 mins already played. A fair chunk were not so lucky! Both home and away supporters.

This is a recurrent scenario, in different seasons in various places. You would imagine that the league would have figured out by now that certain aspects of the game would benefit from the clubs getting together to run unified systems - but no, the mantra seems to be that cooperation is bad. Imagine the clout of all the professional clubs in Scotland, if they wanted to improve fans' experience! Competing bus companies can do it to provide over-60s with fare-free rides, but it's too difficult for the SPFL. :thumbsdown Maybe they could contract these difficult matters out to a civil service department of the Scottish Government. :whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am amazed that Ayr resolutely pumped their ex managers new team and the main topic of conversation is ticket queues. Place should be filled with McCall memes and gifs. 

Re tickets, FWIW, I thought it all worked well, too well in fact, would have been delighted to be stood in a queue with a bunch of fucking moaning c***s rather than watch Thistle. Could have been back at the pub before half time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if part of the problem was away fans assuming the system would be similar to the one in use at Firhill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Am amazed that Ayr resolutely pumped their ex managers new team and the main topic of conversation is ticket queues. Place should be filled with McCall memes and gifs. 

Re tickets, FWIW, I thought it all worked well, too well in fact, would have been delighted to be stood in a queue with a bunch of fucking moaning c***s rather than watch Thistle. Could have been back at the pub before half time. 

Yes, It was all a bit of a damp squib from an abuse / hatred perspective. The majority of our support would admit that McCall did really well with us and while he DID leave us mid season to join yourselves, he's continued to be pretty much complimentary about everything related to Ayr, so although we had a bit of a laugh last week about inflatable snakes etc, it was never going to be like that in reality.

As for rubbing it in, I don't think we really need to be doing that as McCall himself will have known the task which he had on his hands at Partick and he still decided to go for it, so hell mend him.

If I was a Thistle fan I'd be a bit worried / annoyed about the lack of fight from the team on Saturday (I can't actually remember a tackle going in) and even more worryingly the man with the most amount of energy, drive and belief seemed to be Harkins when he came on, which is something I thought I'd never see myself saying, but that doesn't really say much for the rest of them.

In all honesty I hope McCall sorts you out as I have a soft spot for Thistle but looking at you on Saturday it appears he has a huge job on his hands.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, It was all a bit of a damp squib from an abuse / hatred perspective. The majority of our support would admit that McCall did really well with us and while he DID leave us mid season to join yourselves, he's continued to be pretty much complimentary about everything related to Ayr, so although we had a bit of a laugh last week about inflatable snakes etc, it was never going to be like that in reality.

As for rubbing it in, I don't think we really need to be doing that as McCall himself will have known the task which he had on his hands at Partick and he still decided to go for it, so hell mend him.

If I was a Thistle fan I'd be a bit worried / annoyed about the lack of fight from the team on Saturday (I can't actually remember a tackle going in) and even more worryingly the man with the most amount of energy, drive and belief seemed to be Harkins when he came on, which is something I thought I'd never see myself saying, but that doesn't really say much for the rest of them.

In all honesty I hope McCall sorts you out as I have a soft spot for Thistle but looking at you on Saturday it appears he has a huge job on his hands.........

Fair play to you guys in that case, I suppose also, McCall left you in a good position rather than a sort of jumping ship on a down turn of form. The players seem unaffected anyway. 

I'm less worried and more back to being fairly apathetic about it all again. Actually can't believe we beat ICT and Dundee. That's fucking embarrassing for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iain said:

I wonder if part of the problem was away fans assuming the system would be similar to the one in use at Firhill.

We've got a system?

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

If I was a Thistle fan I'd be a bit worried / annoyed about the lack of fight from the team on Saturday (I can't actually remember a tackle going in) and even more worryingly the man with the most amount of energy, drive and belief seemed to be Harkins when he came on, which is something I thought I'd never see myself saying, but that doesn't really say much for the rest of them.

With the best will in the world, you don't need to tell us to be worried about that.  It's understandable when heads go down in football, it's part of the sport.  What isn't part of it is to turn into 11 absolute shitebags.  It's a problem we've had for years and years, and it doesn't seem like there's much appetite to change it.  Maybe in January.

23 minutes ago, thistledo said:

I'm less worried and more back to being fairly apathetic about it all again. Actually can't believe we beat ICT and Dundee. That's fucking embarrassing for them. 

We beat Premiership Ross County under Caldwell.  Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...