Ayr United vs Partick Thistle

Great team performance yesterday , very hard to pick MoM ( did I miss the announcement?) Personally I thought Houston had a fantastic game and would have been my very difficult to pick MoM , think new management team have us more tactically aware of our opponents, his double manning of their most dangerous player last time we met ( Zanatta) was a great move , have us playing much quicker passes and uses subs intelligently, onwards and upwards 

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

We were told that queues for fans would only last a few weeks. Home fans are still having to queue for far too long.

I don't think that's acceptable.

That’s just more drivel.  I’ve hardly seen any issues for home fans queuing.  Certainly no worse than any queues in the past,

9 hours ago, pandarilla said:

You're still blaming people who just want to come to the game and pay their money without standing in a ten minute queue.

There are obviously many reasons for people not buying ahead of time. I'd imagine sheer laziness is pretty low down the list. But even so, we're making the match day experience considerably more annoying for potential future customers.

I wasn't a great lover of his system either (season ticket holder so doesn't personally affect me), however Dundee United brought down nearly double the Thistle support and didn't appear to have a problem as most had purchased their tickets in advance. Also, Dunfermline for one have an even worse situation in place where you have to queue up at a cabin outside the ground to buy a ticket and then queue again at the turnstile so certainly not just an Ayr United problem.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

We were told that queues for fans would only last a few weeks. Home fans are still having to queue for far too long.

I don't think that's acceptable.

Up until 2.35 yesterday the longest a home fan queued was less than 2 minutes and that’s a fact , I was standing at the home ticket area , only when Thistle fans were allowed to buy there due to their queue being round the corner did home fans have to queue 

Just now, WATTOO said:

I wasn't a great lover of his system either (season ticket holder so doesn't personally affect me), however Dundee United brought down nearly double the Thistle support and didn't appear to have a problem as most had purchased their tickets in advance. Also, Dunfermline for one have an even worse situation in place where you have to queue up at a cabin outside the ground to buy a ticket and then queue again at the turnstile so certainly not just an Ayr United problem.

Think this is the point.  In terms of convenience and ease of use our system is miles ahead of those I’ve experienced at other clubs.  If you take a big support anywhere, you need to arrive miles early to queue at a ticket booth and then queue again to get in the ground.

As far as I can see, away fans have generally been happy with the system.  Maybe this is a bit of Partick Thistle exceptionalism, but I simply don’t believe that 500 fans decided to travel at the very last minute and were also completely unaware of the ticketing system despite it being advertised openly.

6 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Great team performance yesterday , very hard to pick MoM ( did I miss the announcement?) Personally I thought Houston had a fantastic game and would have been my very difficult to pick MoM , think new management team have us more tactically aware of our opponents, his double manning of their most dangerous player last time we met ( Zanatta) was a great move , have us playing much quicker passes and uses subs intelligently, onwards and upwards 

Analysis baby.

happy premier league GIF by BBC

2 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Think this is the point.  In terms of convenience and ease of use our system is miles ahead of those I’ve experienced at other clubs.  If you take a big support anywhere, you need to arrive miles early to queue at a ticket booth and then queue again to get in the ground.

As far as I can see, away fans have generally been happy with the system.  Maybe this is a bit of Partick Thistle exceptionalism, but I simply don’t believe that 500 fans decided to travel at the very last minute and were also completely unaware of the ticketing system despite it being advertised openly.

Partick were also poor in their advertising, firstly they put up wrong link , they had the information months in advance but chose to only put correct info on their website Thu or Friday , likely the reason so many travelled without tickets , to me more blame lies with their club than their fans who were inconvenienced yesterday 

Can I just say, the amount of bar staff serving in the Elizabethan down the road from EEP was outrageous !!

We had to stand in a queue waiting for our pints for at least 5 minutes, granted the Ayr travel club bus had arrived literally 1 minute before we went in, however it was still outrageous as I only managed 1 pint of Strongbow and 2 Vodkas and coke in the time permitted before kick off.

#cheatedoutofshwalley

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

C’mon - anyone in our support at Firhill knew this was the case.

Houston looks better at RB than Geggan to me though! Two assists in the last two games as well.

You may identify the dangerman but analysis allows a plan to be developed based on his movement, habits and overall ability with and without the ball.

The eye only sees so much in a game, having the ability to watch footage over and over again is of immense benefit.

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Absolutely true , but would previous team have changed the RB , 100% if HE was still manager Geggan would have been  RB wither  100% fit or not 

Edited by Robbo63

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Houston looks better at RB than Geggan to me though! Two assists in the last two games as well.

I haven't been totally convinced with Houston defensively, however he did have a really good game yesterday.

A special mention to Harvie and McCowan though as the two of them have been superb and are just getting better and better with every game that passes.

Great to see Moore back to his best and full of confidence as I think some of us had forgotten how good an injury free and fully firing Craig Moore can actually be..................

The big difference with Houston was that he can easily match Zanatta for speed and didn’t get so tight with him that he was easily rolled. Geggan has a knack of trying to go for the player first instead of the ball and gets left for dead easily. It’s happened with Cadden when we played Morton as well.

16 hours ago, Trogdor said:

......I would have bitten your hand off for 4-1 before a ball was kicked......

This - spot on.

I was expecting a much improved McCall Thistle after they played well against us the last time when 2 daft red cards eventually did for them.... and therefore a close game this time.  The reverse was true - don't really understand why they looked and played so badly, maybe those 2 early goals knocked the stuffing out of them;  their heads certainly went down. McCall certainly has a job on his hands and I'd expect a few moves in the next window. 

As for us, I can't remember our forwards getting so much time and room on the ball. Forrest and McCowan are quick but give them space too and any team will be in trouble against us. Surely McCall knew that? We could have had more than the 4 and I desperately wanted Moorie to get his hat-trick - great ovation for him when he came off. He's a smashin wee fella off the park too and it's great to see a player like him come back from terrible injuries and still look good.  As was suggested in the post match stuff, it's like we've signed a new player in a key position.  Gettting Murdoch and Bell back asap could be vital too but I suspect Kerr will make a couple of moves in the transfer market especially if Ross goes back to Aberdeen when his loan deal is up - best time to strengthen the squad is when the team is doing well. A bigger issue though could be a substantial offer  for one of the aforementioned forwards in the same time-frame as I wonder if the club will have a different view from this time last year when they could have cashed in on Shankland. 

Onwards whatever! 

Surely if you know that 400 to 700 away fans are attending without a previously purchased ticket you up your game. It's a poor attitude that just says they can buy them online, might not be using the words but the actions shout out "f**k them", every chance that quite a few from yesterday won't bother next time.

34 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Surely if you know that 400 to 700 away fans are attending without a previously purchased ticket you up your game. It's a poor attitude that just says they can buy them online, might not be using the words but the actions shout out "f**k them", every chance that quite a few from yesterday won't bother next time.

What can you do , club installed 4 ticket tills , most other clubs have 2 , what could the club have done ??? Tickets sales online don’t  close , explain to me how the club could have known how many fans were turning up without a ticket ? and what they could do in a  30 minute timescale , something constructive would be appreciated that the club could realistically install 

Edited by Robbo63

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

What can you do , club installed 4 ticket tills , most other clubs have 2 , what could the club have done ??? Tickets sales online don’t  close , explain to me how the club could have known how many fans were turning up without a ticket ? and what they could do in a 45 minute timescale , something constructive would be appreciated that the club could realistically install 

700 people turn up 30 mins before kick off , takes approx 45sec transaction time , order .print.cash transaction.and handover , that takes approx 5 hours work , 4 tills over an hours each ( only 30 mins to kick off )  that means we would need about 9 tills selling tickets for  30 mins , no club would have  9 selling points 30mins prior to kick off , there is plenty of options on how to get a ticket , I totally understand walk up on the day and none techno people who need accommodated , but nearly 800 out of a 2500 crowd !!!!!  which includes nearly 1000 season ticket holders , that’s saying nearly 50% of paying customers yesterday paid at the ground prior to game ( on a positive nearly 50% paid in advance )give the club some credit , most away teams so far have said it’s the best ticketing system , in the league , mostly as they can get ticket to phone instantly 

Edited by Robbo63

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Absolutely true , but would previous team have changed the RB , 100% if HE was still manager Geggan would have been  RB wither  100% fit or not 

Zanatta gave Geggan a tough time at Firhill, but it’s worth remembering that was the game Murdoch started at right midfield but got injured very early.  Without his defensive cover, we really struggled to contain Zanatta after that.   Can’t remember if Houston was signed before or after that game.

Folks

There seems to be a few folks who are very critical of our ticket system without giving recommendations on what to do differently, I would appreciate if you have any thoughts on how it could be improved at realistic cost , if you could post on here I am willing to take suggestions to board to be considered , even better if you could contact the club supporters liaison manager I am sure he would raise them also for you