Ayr United vs Partick Thistle

As I say totally playing devils advocate but in theory if the club's open from say 9am, is there any logical reason why tickets couldn't be sold from then as well?

It just wouldn't sit right with me turning people away because "we're not open". Bury FC would love this dilemma I'm sure.

In short, for me, the customer's always right (even when they're in the wrong). If you get that sorted then you're on the right tracks.

Overall, huge credit to the club for having this sort of system in place, just a few tweaks needed in places but surely nothing insurmountable.

Shop opening times are on club website for fans to check. 12 o’clock on a match day is plenty of time for home and away fans to get tickets. Hundreds of away fans expecting no queue half an hour before kick off at a football club who clearly don’t take cash and then have to queue on the whole only have themselves to blame. Wish we’d stop moaning about as it’s not going to change. As has been stated numerous times on here it takes minutes to download the ticket on to your phone. And for those who can’t, get down to the shop just after 12 and you can get your ticket then.

Ok, so some of the arguments still being put are:

- it's your own fault you have to queue
(Insane logic for a business)

- get with the modern world
(Alienating a lot of older and also vulnerable people who like to come along)

- other clubs do it so it's fine
(Aye, well done Scottish football. We're really organising a fantastic product here)

- anyone claiming this is a problem is just moaning for the sake of it.
(Should we never criticise the club then? Just shut up for the sake of club loyalty?)

I couldn't give a shit about appearing popular with anyone (a strange accusation considering the responses). I just want my club to be as successful as they can.

We are currently pissing off hundreds of supporters (both sides) at every home game. Literally hundreds, as the queue snaked round the front of the shop at kick off time. People with exasperated, raging faces as they realise what awaits them.

We as a club are choosing to do this. That's why it's our fault robbo. Businesses who blame customers tend not to last very long - it's an insane way to treat paying customers. Football is different due to loyalties but my point is that we have chosen to make the match day experience an awful lot more annoying for a lot of walk up customers. How can that ever be a good thing?

There was no good reason for not keeping some cash gates. Not one. Best of both worlds. But forgetting that, why have we not fixed what were described as "teething problems" back in August?

What's the story with the portable sales? What are the club doing to fix this? Or are those running the club as clueless as some of the folk on here (it's not affecting me so what's the big deal).

2 hours ago, RedEd said:

Slightly ironic, a Partick fan moaning about the queue when the same thing happened to us at Firhill. Anyway,back to game. Watching the move that led to the first goal had me thinking back to the days when the tactic was to lump balls up to Kevin Kyle. Or Ally Graham. Or Lex Grant.  Long may this continue.

Aye that cash gate when it was £20 to get probably moved slower than the ticket queue yesterday!

Sorry don’t agree , against Dundee United our biggest away crowd of the season , there was zero queues , the reason being away fans bought 90% of their before arriving at ground , the issue yesterday lies mostly on the away fans , they had a crowd of over 750 , only 200 fans bought prior to coming to ground , thus then  500 fans turning up from 2.30 all trying to buy tickets , yesterday we sold over 800 tickets from 2.20 , there’s no way 800 people decided after 2pm that they would go to game and no way they all didn’t know how to purchase online , the  Partick Thistle website clearly instructed fans to try to buy in advance explaining no cash at gates , I know the system is not 100% but blaming the club totally for the delay is wrong 

Two points.

My mum and dad both went to the Dundee United game and the queue for home fans was very similar to yesterday.

Secondly, and related, why is there still a long queue for home supporters? Why do folk have to come in and out the same door (a minor thing but it slows things down? And where are the portable operators? There are creative solutions here but nothing seems to be improving)

28 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

But forgetting that, why have we not fixed what were described as "teething problems" back in August?

What teething problems still need fixed? Yesterday there was no problem, only idiotic fans not following a simple process and causing queues. It’s very difficult for the club to “fix” stupid fans. Any home fan still complaining about this has zero sympathy from me, as they’ve had months of the system now so how can they continually be surprised every week that they have to buy a ticket, it’s infuriating. Away fans (if it’s their first time playing us at Somerset this season) I have slightly more sympathy as they might not have checked, but again that’s their fault for not doing a check on any social media channels or the website to see what the arrangements are then turning up at 2.55.

59 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

As I say totally playing devils advocate but in theory if the club's open from say 9am, is there any logical reason why tickets couldn't be sold from then as well?

It just wouldn't sit right with me turning people away because "we're not open". Bury FC would love this dilemma I'm sure.

In short, for me, the customer's always right (even when they're in the wrong). If you get that sorted then you're on the right tracks.

Overall, huge credit to the club for having this sort of system in place, just a few tweaks needed in places but surely nothing insurmountable.

So you want to pay someone a wage to stand around all morning on the off chance a couple of away fans show up 4/5/6 hours before kick off looking to buy a ticket?

Playing devils advocate is one thing, but this is just getting silly.  

If it’s true that 500 partick fans turned up ticketless at 2.30, then I’m afraid they need to take a hard look at themselves rather than blaming others.  Buying a ticket is incredibly easy and there are umpteen ways of doing it on the day and earlier in the week.  

Some of the very early criticism was justified in the sense that the system crashed for one of the games (Morton?) but otherwise, this is just folk who have easily adapted to cashless and online purchasing in other aspects of their lives trawling for a wee moan.

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

only idiotic fans not following a simple process and causing queues. It’s very difficult for the club to “fix” stupid fans. 

I really hope that you are in no way involved at Ayr United?  Any business that holds views like that about their paying customers is far more idiotic than a fan turning up ticketless, near kick off time, for any number of reasons unknown to you, me or the club.

6 minutes ago, Parkhouse said:

I really hope that you are in no way involved at Ayr United?  Any business that holds views like that about their paying customers is far more idiotic than a fan turning up ticketless, near kick off time, for any number of reasons unknown to you, me or the club.

I can guarantee that comment did not come from anyone involved at Ayr United , 

9 minutes ago, HMIP said:

So you want to pay someone a wage to stand around all morning on the off chance a couple of away fans show up 4/5/6 hours before kick off looking to buy a ticket?

Playing devils advocate is one thing, but this is just getting silly.  

If it’s true that 500 partick fans turned up ticketless at 2.30, then I’m afraid they need to take a hard look at themselves rather than blaming others.  Buying a ticket is incredibly easy and there are umpteen ways of doing it on the day and earlier in the week.  

Some of the very early criticism was justified in the sense that the system crashed for one of the games (Morton?) but otherwise, this is just folk who have easily adapted to cashless and online purchasing in other aspects of their lives trawling for a wee moan.

You're clearly not reading my previous posts properly. I said if the club's open couldn't tickets be sold? Without the need for someone to exclusively man the ticket point.

Like it or not, the customer is always right. Especially when your ambition should be to get as many people through the gate every second week.

This like it or lump it attitude helps nobody in the grander scheme of things.

8 minutes ago, Parkhouse said:

No of course I’m not involved with the club, just a fan who’s utterly bored of this same shite every week.

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

You're clearly not reading my previous posts properly. I said if the club's open couldn't tickets be sold? Without the need for someone to exclusively man the ticket point.

So how would the tickets be sold if someone is there to sell them? A bit confused at what your idea is? Tickets can also be bought 24/7 online, so the option is there to buy it at any time.

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

You're clearly not reading my previous posts properly. I said if the club's open couldn't tickets be sold?

Agree with you 100% on that point , as shop was open at 11 you should have been able to buy a ticket 

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Possible?  Only in theory but I'd be amazed if it happened/annoyed with our liaison Loan Rangers person if it did.  Kelly fits Ayr like a glove,  is a starter in every game, gets time on the ball and gets a shot at corners/free kicks.  The boy has come on a lot and has also contributed to Ayr so it's a win-win.

Why we'd want to disrupt something that all parties are happy with is a mystery.

Rangers appear much more professional under Gerrard so I can't for the life of me see it as a "favour" to a former player type of scenario.

As far as I'm aware, Kelly was loaned out to Ayr United and NOT Ian McCall, so really I see absolutely no chance of Rangers recalling a guy who's been playing as an integral part of a team at the top of the league and who has gained international recognition while playing for this team, just to be recalled and loaned out to a team with no pattern of play who are struggling at the bottom of the same league.

Nah.

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

No of course I’m not involved with the club, just a fan who’s utterly bored of this same shite every week.

So how would the tickets be sold if someone is there to sell them? A bit confused at what your idea is? Tickets can also be bought 24/7 online, so the option is there to buy it at any time.

Assuming there's people there doing other Saturday morning tasks, couldn't pressing the button on the ticket machine be something else that's done? It's not difficult.

Edited to include staff involved in  tasks in the office, I don't expect the groundsman or injured squad members to be selling tickets, in fact hang on a minute, "come to a meet and greet with Frank Ross" has a ring to it and at the end he hands you your QCode.

Edited by BukyOHare

Still waiting to hear what the teething issues from August are that you’re waiting to be fixed?
We were told that queues for fans would only last a few weeks. Home fans are still having to queue for far too long.

I don't think that's acceptable.