Ayr United vs Partick Thistle

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

This is the Ayr v Partick thread. A thread, which should be about our fantastic win yesterday and yet we get several pages of this utter shite. Get this chat to f**k.

Yes, and a lot of Partick fans missed a fair chunk of our scintillating football.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

More like people in glass houses...

Firstly, I'm not sure what relevance of the club I support has to this issue, other than to deflect. It's not a Club v Club issue and I think it is in the best interests of everyone if we have as many fans as possible attending games. I visited an Ayr game earlier in the season and I liked the ticket system, I found it really easy.

I'm unsure why you are so defensive, particularly when I haven't even criticised Ayr Utd. If you notice my first potential suggested cause of the issue is that perhaps Thistle did not communicate ticket arrangements clearly enough, which wouldn't be Ayr's fault. But it is also obviously in everyone's interests if people think how the events like yesterday could be solved, blaming fans for being stupid doesn't really do anything to help.

@Diamonds are Forever

I'm not being defensive or deflecting, I just find the faux outrage rather amusing. Also, if you started with your experience of the system I wouldn't have called you out. Also for the record, I never blamed any fans for being stupid.

Fundamentally, if the system worked for Dundee United who brought more fans and the system was identical yesterday it doesn't take Einstein to work out the issue. Yet our fans are blaming the club, I find it bizarre.

Edited by Trogdor

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

@Diamonds are Forever

I'm not being defensive or deflecting, I just find the faux outrage rather amusing. Also, if you started with your experience of the system I wouldn't have called you out. Also for the record, I never blamed any fans for being stupid.

Fundamentally, if the system worked for Dundee United who brought more fans and the system was identical yesterday it doesn't take Einstein to work out the issue. Yet our fans are blaming the club, I find it bizarre.

Yesterday's situation wasn't our fault, how we dealt with it was, no point comparing apples and oranges.

16 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Yesterday's situation wasn't our fault, how we dealt with it was, no point comparing apples and oranges.

You are comparing apples and oranges though. As are many others.

If you don't have extra personnel or tickets preprinted what are the club to do? Hindsight is all well and good but we can't afford to have people on hand as a contingency just in case.

The people who man the turnstyles are likely to be on casual contracts (zero hours) and probably get paid for 2 hours work. There isn't a queue of people wanting to do these jobs.

When the number of away fans became apparent, the club allowed away fans to queue with home fans. So there were 2 kiosks. Without the people on hand I'm not sure what more people were expecting the club to do?

When the issue was known its a bit too late its chicken and egg. The solution is for away teams to inform their support and then the system works.

The ideas of a big sign, preprinted cash tickets can be taken forward. However, they weren't an option yesterday. 

ETA - Cut the club some slack and lets focus on how many superlatives we can use for yesterday's performance. 

I'll start... supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Edited by Trogdor

This is the Ayr v Partick thread. A thread, which should be about our fantastic win yesterday and yet we get several pages of this utter shite. Get this chat to f**k.
It doesn't matter where it's discussed some fans will be overly defensive and dismissive of the issue. Go figure.

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

You are comparing apples and oranges though. As are many others.

If you don't have extra personnel or tickets preprinted what are the club to do? Hindsight is all well and good but we can't afford to have people on hand as a contingency just in case.

The people who man the turnstyles are likely to be on casual contracts (zero hours) and probably get paid for 2 hours work. There isn't a queue of people wanting to do these jobs.

When the number of away fans became apparent, the club allowed away fans to queue with home fans. So there were 2 kiosks. Without the people on hand I'm not sure what more people were expecting the club to do?

When the issue was known its a bit too late its chicken and egg. The solution is for away teams to inform their support and then the system works.

The ideas of a big sign, preprinted cash tickets can be taken forward. However, they weren't an option yesterday. 

ETA - Cut the club some slack and lets focus on how many superlatives we can use for yesterday's performance. 

I'll start... supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

They could have had a cash gate, they expected 800 and got that number,the rest is our fault, you either change a ticket gate to cash, have one doing both or a director manning a cash gate.

Even better if we'd actually thought of the whatifs when we were going with this system but hey ho, I'm just a fat bawbag that hasn't appreciated being fucked about at quite a few away grounds.

17 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

They could have had a cash gate, they expected 800 and got that number,the rest is our fault, you either change a ticket gate to cash, have one doing both or a director manning a cash gate.

Even better if we'd actually thought of the whatifs when we were going with this system but hey ho, I'm just a fat bawbag that hasn't appreciated being fucked about at quite a few away grounds.

Sorry your wrong , from the start of the season it has been made clear to every away club and home fans that Ayr United home matches are ticket only and no cash will be taken at turnstiles the same as many clubs in Scotland , so how you can blame the club for fans not adhering to that policy is baffling , the club are at no point at fault for people turning up without tickets , they have provided 4 buy on the day ticket points , don’t think I need say anymore as certain people would argue black was white just for the sake of it 

I came away from Somerset yesterday feeling really happy that we had turned in such a terrific performance and battered a very poor team. Ayr could have won by 3 or 4 more quite easily and it would have been merited. I have read the last few pages and can only shake my head in disbelief that, as usual, some elements of the Ayr support have found something to moan about. They just can't help themselves. We have an exciting and entertaining team on the park. Just enjoy it and stop moaning for the sake of moaning.

15 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Sorry your wrong , from the start of the season it has been made clear to every away club and home fans that Ayr United home matches are ticket only and no cash will be taken at turnstiles the same as many clubs in Scotland , so how you can blame the club for fans not adhering to that policy is baffling , the club are at no point at fault for people turning up without tickets , they have provided 4 buy on the day ticket points , don’t think I need say anymore as certain people would argue black was white just for the sake of it 

I've very seldom criticised in recent seasons, I find the "no cash under any circumstances" bizarre when obviously there has been no serious thought given to the whatifs that happen, hopefully that system is working properly 24/7.

27 minutes ago, yorkshirepud said:

I came away from Somerset yesterday feeling really happy that we had turned in such a terrific performance and battered a very poor team. Ayr could have won by 3 or 4 more quite easily and it would have been merited. I have read the last few pages and can only shake my head in disbelief that, as usual, some elements of the Ayr support have found something to moan about. They just can't help themselves. We have an exciting and entertaining team on the park. Just enjoy it and stop moaning for the sake of moaning.

Incredible ,pages of utter rubbish

28 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

As an Ayr United fan who thinks that we could do with as much income from gate money as possible it is rather short sighted not to have an away cash gate.  However away fans should know the system at Ayr and shouldnt complain if they fall foul of it.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:
5 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

It doesn't matter where it's discussed some fans will be overly defensive and dismissive of the issue. Go figure.

And others will greatly exaggerate supposed issues and refuse to accept the fault might be with the fans rather than the club. Go figure.

You'd like to think the club will regularly look at ways of making improvements on match days anyway.

I dont think people are moaning for the sake of moaning, I think they genuinely want the club to get things right and that has to include bringing up matters that they feel require looking at. 

The current system clearly isn't perfect, Robbo's admitted as much, and so it's upto the club to come up with solutions, like any other business would have to.