Ayr United vs Partick Thistle

7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Correct , I have checked a number of posters , when we were losing they were complaining about team and now that we won are actually moaning about the ticket system even though they were not effected 

Don't let it get to you down. The vast majority (myself included) are happy with the system. 👍

9 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I think you will find that a larger number than that were sold after 2.30 , no point me saying anymore , blame the club !!!! As I said only thing they could have done was pre print and that option was not made aware to us , speaking to ticket company since the post and they say it could be an option with a couple of tweaks as ticket is only printed when method of payment is put onto system , so likely could work for cash paying customers, as I said I will put that forward to those in command 

It was you that said it takes 45 seconds per terminal, obviously there will be multiple tickets on the same transaction. 

We obviously processed a few hundred less than was required between half 2 and 3.

Banks are open on a Saturday, a wee float would have been easy to acquire long before kick off.

Ayr maybe needs some dissenting voices in and about the place at times.

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Folks

There seems to be a few folks who are very critical of our ticket system without giving recommendations on what to do differently, I would appreciate if you have any thoughts on how it could be improved at realistic cost , if you could post on here I am willing to take suggestions to board to be considered , even better if you could contact the club supporters liaison manager I am sure he would raise them also for you 

Someone could stand in the car park with a loudhailer, telling all fans to get their phones out, then instruct them on what to press on their phone to buy a ticket. Voila! everyone has bought a ticket in unison and proceeds to the turn style. 500 tickets bought in a minute.

We had about 60 thistle fans in the bowling club and we had committe people going round telling them to go and get there tickets from the shop  if they didn’t have one from about 1 pm ,quite a lot had there tickets on phones etc.

When going to the ground couldn’t believe the queues 

Quite a few clubs I've been to down South offer a £1 or even £2 discount if the ticket is purchased up to the day before the game. I've  taken advantage of this many times and its maybe something the club could look at next season. Gives a good excuse to plug the home games as well.

That’s just more drivel.  I’ve hardly seen any issues for home fans queuing.  Certainly no worse than any queues in the past,

Drivel? Can you not conduct a conversation in a reasonable manner?

Yesterday my dad waited in a queue for ten mins, as he did with the Dundee United game. Yes he should try to get there earlier but it's not always easy.
Up until 2.35 yesterday the longest a home fan queued was less than 2 minutes and that’s a fact , I was standing at the home ticket area , only when Thistle fans were allowed to buy there due to their queue being round the corner did home fans have to queue 

So the queues were merged, and so home fans were affected?

Previously if you arrived between 2:45 and 2:55 you'd maybe have to queue behind 5 or 6 people. There were numerous turnstiles and so queues only built up when it was a really big game.

Nowadays you're behind at least 40 folk, in a one in, one out type box that isn't ideal.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Yesterday my dad waited in a queue for ten mins, as he did with the Dundee United game. Yes he should try to get there earlier but it's not always easy.

Previously if you arrived between 2:45 and 2:55 you'd maybe have to queue behind 5 or 6 people. There were numerous turnstiles and so queues only built up when it was a really big game.

Nowadays you're behind at least 40 folk, in a one in, one out type box that isn't ideal.

My mind keeps going back to the Caley hut.

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Times have changed , in those days you did not need a ticket , now you do , in those days the only option you had was pay at the gate , you now have 4 options , in those days you could only get one game at a time , now you can buy games up to a month in advance.  , times are changing and most people are moving with it , I know some people can’t due to lack of knowledge and lack of equipment to purchase online and some only decide last minute , that then leaves everyone else the opportunity to buy online , or use the other 3 options highlighted on numerous occasions 

Edited by Robbo63

Correct , I have checked a number of posters , when we were losing they were complaining about team and now that we won are actually moaning about the ticket system even though they were not effected 
Just wondering if you're meaning me here?

A few good suggestions on the last few posts. I expect to see all hands on deck from the club between 2:40 and 3 to solve this, but there seems to be very little action. Stewards just stand and shrug, and the poor woman seeking the tickets must be stressed to f**k.

I've asked a lot of times about portable selling points. You've not answered as far as I can see.

And why can we not convert one gate back to a cash gate?

Just now, pandarilla said:

A few good suggestions on the last few posts. I expect to see all hands on deck from the club between 2:40 and 3 to solve this, but there seems to be very little action. Stewards just stand and shrug, and the poor woman seeking the tickets must be stressed to f**k.

I've asked a lot of times about portable selling points. You've not answered as far as I can see.

I am not meaning you as I find you quite balanced on opinions in most cases 

58 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Someone could stand in the car park with a loudhailer, telling all fans to get their phones out, then instruct them on what to press on their phone to buy a ticket. Voila! everyone has bought a ticket in unison and proceeds to the turn style. 500 tickets bought in a minute.

Would be great fun watching the pished ones trying to purchase a ticket on their phone.

Edited by ayrmad

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Yes, but it does get difficult with folk who make up utter guff to justify unreasonable criticism of the club.   I’ve seen very few problems at the home end this season with queues no longer than would have been expected in the recent past.  Perhaps there are a hardcore of people who won’t accept change and adopt the new system,  but a 10 minute queue at the shop is hardly the end of the world. 

All of this whining makes you wonder what it must have been like when Ayr got crowds in the five figures.  I guess people just used some common sense and gave themselves a bit of time to get into the ground.

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Cash gate is not going to be an option , don’t see why that keeps getting mentioned , there are 4 ways to buy a ticket, Of which 3 can be done prior to game day ,portable selling points was trialed elsewhere and was not successful due to technical difficulties unfortunately 

Edited by Robbo63

Times have changed , in those days you did not need a ticket , now you do , in those days the only option you had was pay at the gate , you now have 4 options , in those days you could only get one game at a time , now you can buy games up to a month in advance.  , times are changing and most people are moving with it , I know some people can’t due to lack of knowledge and lack of equipment to purchase online and some only decide last minute , that then leaves everyone else the opportunity to buy online , or use the other 3 options highlighted on numerous occasions 
I use the new system myself, and I get that we're modernising. Yes there are benefits but I find it infuriating that so many people are put out when there must be better ways to organise things.

These things will put people off coming and we need all the punters we can get - away fans as well.

And it's hundreds of people we're talking about, not small handfuls.

Of course other clubs are also having problems doing things like this but that doesn't mean to say we can't do better.

Can you assure me that those running the club day to day are aware of the problem and are actively trying to find solutions? It has to be better and In just want to know it's being taken seriously.

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Cash gate is not going to be an option , don’t see why that keeps getting mentioned , there are 4 ways to buy a ticket, portable selling points was trialed elsewhere and was not successful due to technical difficulties unfortunately 

My suggestion of a cash gate was specifically for yesterday once it became apparent that Partick fans hadn't purchased tickets, doing nothing should not have been an option never mind the only option.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I use the new system myself, and I get that we're modernising. Yes there are benefits but I find it infuriating that so many people are put out when there must be better ways to organise things.

These things will put people off coming and we need all the punters we can get - away fans as well.

And it's hundreds of people we're talking about, not small handfuls.

Of course other clubs are also having problems doing things like this but that doesn't mean to say we can't do better.

Can you assure me that those running the club day to day are aware of the problem and are actively trying to find solutions? It has to be better and In just want to know it's being taken seriously.

It definitely is being taken seriously now, the board knows that hundreds of Jags fans were outside at kick off.