Ayr United vs Partick Thistle

I for one love a queue... Bravo Ayr. 

I can only apologise on behalf of my club.

If only you bought your tickets beforehand as was advertised.
Had you bought your tickets in advance you wouldn’t of had that issue. Get it up you. 

These responses are so narrow-minded but unfortunately typical in football.

The queuing situation is an absolute disgrace and I'm appalled that nothing seems to be improving.

Where are the portable sales we were promised?

Hundreds of fans queuing as the game starts will drive people away (both home and away fans).

It makes literally no business sense.

As for the football itself, that was sexual.

Harvie and Houston were outstanding, as was doc in the middle. But the front four had the Thistle defence in bits - pretty much attacking at will.

And fair play to Craig Moore for continuing to prove me and the other doubters wrong. An all-round performance and clear motm.

The queuing situation is an absolute disgrace and I'm appalled that nothing seems to be improving.

Hundreds of fans queuing as the game starts will drive people away (both home and away fans).

They can be bought online, the people standing in the queue can literally take out their phone and buy a ticket. You can’t get much more portable than that.

I appreciate some of the people queuing are unable to do this but I imagine most are.

Pretty sure someone posting on P and B is capable of utilising their brain and instead of posting, buy themselves a ticket online - avoiding the need to stand in a queue so there’s no need to apologise.

They can be bought online, the people standing in the queue can literally take out their phone and buy a ticket. You can’t get much more portable than that.

I appreciate some of the people queuing are unable to do this but I imagine most are.

Pretty sure someone posting on P and B is capable of utilising their brain and instead of posting, buy themselves a ticket online - avoiding the need to stand in a queue so there’s no need to apologise.
You're still blaming people who just want to come to the game and pay their money without standing in a ten minute queue.

There are obviously many reasons for people not buying ahead of time. I'd imagine sheer laziness is pretty low down the list. But even so, we're making the match day experience considerably more annoying for potential future customers.

Two good wins in 5 days including an absolute pumping of Ian McCalls new bigger better club.  Yet the main chat on here and the most discussed topic on the Somerset Road End is about how disgraceful our new modern ticket system is.  Jesus wept.  At least if we lose next week folk can get back on the "Kerr out" bandwagon.

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

If someone can make a post on pie and bovril they can easily buy a ticket from the website.

You always appear absolutely shit scared to say anything that isn’t sucking up the arse of opposition fans.

23 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Two good wins in 5 days including an absolute pumping of Ian McCalls new bigger better club.  Yet the main chat on here and the most discussed topic on the Somerset Road End is about how disgraceful our new modern ticket system is.  Jesus wept.  At least if we lose next week folk can get back on the "Kerr out" bandwagon.

I agree I just don't get our support moan moan moan get a grip 

Do people expect to turn up to a concert at the last minute without a ticket and have no hassle getting in? Or turning up to Glasgow central 5 minutes before their train leaves and not have to wait in a queue for a ticket?

People moan about lower league football being behind the times and then somehow moan even more when clubs try to bring themselves into the 21st century.

The amount of people who can’t easily buy a ticket on their phone will be minuscule. I’d be very surprised if we haven’t lost far more money in recent seasons from cash going missing at turnstiles or adults pretending to be concessions than any away fans who’ve walked away because they’ve had to buy a ticket.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Do people expect to turn up to a concert at the last minute without a ticket and have no hassle getting in? Or turning up to Glasgow central 5 minutes before their train leaves and not have to wait in a queue for a ticket?

Same people.

Total list of places I've been in the last month, in three countries, that are cash-only:

1. The bogs at Buchanan Street bus station (both the airport bus and the X77 take contactless)
2. The Bell Rock (where the average age of the clientele is pushing 75)
3. The Beijing Palace

If you aren't a) a pensioner, b) a time-traveller from the 70s or c) a dealer then the chances that you're more comfortable with cash than a card or app two months from the end of the 2010s are slim. This goes doubly for away fans travelling from the fucking West End.

Slightly ironic, a Partick fan moaning about the queue when the same thing happened to us at Firhill. Anyway,back to game. Watching the move that led to the first goal had me thinking back to the days when the tactic was to lump balls up to Kevin Kyle. Or Ally Graham. Or Lex Grant.  Long may this continue.

16 hours ago, eez-eh said:

If only you bought your tickets beforehand as was advertised.

Not sure if visiting the club shop was advertised as being an opinion beforehand. A Thistle fan I know went to buy tickets well in advance to avoid the inevitable queues at kick off. Left empty handed as our systems were down and couldn’t provide them with tickets

7 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Sorry don’t agree , against Dundee United our biggest away crowd of the season , there was zero queues , the reason being away fans bought 90% of their before arriving at ground , the issue yesterday lies mostly on the away fans , they had a crowd of over 750 , only 200 fans bought prior to coming to ground , thus then  500 fans turning up from 2.30 all trying to buy tickets , yesterday we sold over 800 tickets from 2.20 , there’s no way 800 people decided after 2pm that they would go to game and no way they all didn’t know how to purchase online , the  Partick Thistle website clearly instructed fans to try to buy in advance explaining no cash at gates , I know the system is not 100% but blaming the club totally for the delay is wrong 

Edited by Robbo63

52 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Not sure if visiting the club shop was advertised as being an opinion beforehand. A Thistle fan I know went to buy tickets well in advance to avoid the inevitable queues at kick off. Left empty handed as our systems were down and couldn’t provide them with tickets

Not true , the system was never down all day , the guy came at 11-15 and was told like everyone else that the Ticket Office did not open to 12 noon and that’s a 100% fact  , as between 11.00 and 12 , about a dozen people came  for tickets and 2 were Partick fans , 

Edited by Robbo63

7 hours ago, pandarilla said:

What a load of nonsense.  Any away fan who chooses not to buy a ticket in advance has nobody to blame but themselves.  Could not be easier to buy a ticket and is miles better than the alternative approaches to cashless turnstiles by other clubs in the division.

As has been pointed out, fans whining on social media as they stand in the queue could actually use the same time on the same mobile device to just buy a ticket online!!

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Not true , the system was never down all day , the guy came at 11-15 and was told like everyone else that the Ticket Office did not open to 12 noon and that’s a 100% fact  , as between 11.00 and 12 , about a dozen people came  for tickets and 2 were Partick fans , 

Playing devils advocate here but could the ticket office not open earlier than 12?

Even on an as and when basis, as opposed to being staffed exclusively?

People through the gate are our oxygen, to turn anybody away, just assuming they're going to return, makes no business sense and doesn't fit in surely with the friendly, all  inclusive, family club we should be looking to portray.

Edited by BukyOHare

13 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Playing devils advocate here but could the ticket office not open earlier than 12?

Even on an as and when basis, as opposed to being staffed exclusively?

People through the gate are our oxygen, to turn anybody away, just assuming they're going to return, makes no business sense and doesn't fit in surely with the friendly, all  inclusuve, family club we should be looking to portray.

It could ,but if you opened at 11am ,people would then say why don’t you open at 10 ! Office being open from 12noon should be efficient, the club have many options to buy tickets 

1. Online 24:7

2. In shop Mon, Wed,Thu and Friday

3. Tickets Office on game days from 12 noon

4. Buy over phone(  during shop opening times ) and collect at table in shop, a number of people use this option as no forms to fill in , simply call shop , pay over phone , collect on match day , average queue time for this process less than 2 minutes 

Tickets are available to buy up to 4 weeks in advance of game 

Edited by Robbo63

As I say totally playing devils advocate but in theory if the club's open from say 9am, is there any logical reason why tickets couldn't be sold from then as well?

It just wouldn't sit right with me turning people away because "we're not open". Bury FC would love this dilemma I'm sure.

In short, for me, the customer's always right (even when they're in the wrong). If you get that sorted then you're on the right tracks.

Overall, huge credit to the club for having this sort of system in place, just a few tweaks needed in places but surely nothing insurmountable.