Ayr United vs Partick Thistle

@Lochwood

A goalie can't get clean sheets on their own. The defense have to up their game more than Doohan. How many free headers did we give in the last 15 mins. Also the smallest guy on the park scores with a free header and your first thought is Doohan is at fault? 

6 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Impressive "Mascot Observing Remembrance Silence" pre-game as that Ayr Panda stood with bowed head as the flags were lowered.

It went downhill from there. It could have been 5 or 6 by half time.

I will never understand why people think that booing and screaming abuse at your own players will ever, ever help matters.

Strangely, Harkins came on and played like Messi. The slower, fatter Messi. Actually quite impressive.

When Thistle attacked in the last 15 mins, you had to wonder where all that desire had been for the first 75 minutes.

We are in real danger.

Honestly thats the worst team i've seen play Ayr, unless McCall makes big changes you're down

I wasn’t there today so reserve the right to change my mind after seeing the highlights but my issue with Doohan is that he should come and collect a lot more crosses than he does, particularly when he’s actually not bad when he does do it.

16 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Outstanding outfield performance throughout the team great desire to show McCall, my only worry is young Doohan  I know he is young but hasn’t impressed me this season, has to be coming to collect the ball when they scored, I count that three games in a row  he should be stopping goals he’s let his standard slip, needs to be getting back to the clean sheets he got last year.

That performance clearly showed the players are playing for the new regime and will give Kerr and his team great confidence

Thistle supporters in the  bowling club  before the game seem to think they are getting Doolan, Moffat, and Kelly in January. I explained to them that Kelly is tied up for the season but they seemed confident.

They’d have to pay a fee for Moffat so no chance of that. Wouldn’t surprise me if McCall was sly and tried to get Kelly in January and it’s fairly common knowledge that Doolan will be back to Firhill in January. 

Just now, ecocme said:

They’d have to pay a fee for Moffat so no chance of that. Wouldn’t surprise me if McCall was sly and tried to get Kelly in January and it’s fairly common knowledge that Doolan will be back to Firhill in January. 

I can't see any of our "wanted" players leaving to join McCall, either in January or any other time either. Even if Partick could afford them, why on earth would the players want to ???

Forrest, Harvie & McCowan will all be moving on to bigger and better things and that won't include any teams in this league, that's for sure.....................

Doolan  is also contracted to the end of the season so why would we accommodate McCall by letting him go in January. Despite other views in this forum he shows the right attitude on the pitch and could be an asset to us as the season goes on.

Outstanding outfield performance throughout the team great desire to show McCall, my only worry is young Doohan  I know he is young but hasn’t impressed me this season, has to be coming to collect the ball when they scored, I count that three games in a row  he should be stopping goals he’s let his standard slip, needs to be getting back to the clean sheets he got last year.
That performance clearly showed the players are playing for the new regime and will give Kerr and his team great confidence
Thistle supporters in the  bowling club  before the game seem to think they are getting Doolan, Moffat, and Kelly in January. I explained to them that Kelly is tied up for the season but they seemed confident.
Rangers would have to recall Kelly and then loan him out again why would they do that when he's playing every week in a team that's doing well to go to a potential relegation dog fight, Moffat will end his career with Ayr, hopefully we treat him better than Partick did with Doolan and speaking of Doolan it would probably be best for him to go back to the club he loves and fans love him, seems a cracking guy and would likely make a great coach but he's done at this level, part of out fan base see him as McCall's man and he's likely one of out top earners would be best for all parties if we went out separate ways

Why on earth would Rangers shaft us just so they can send Kelly from a team where he is playing great to a relegation dogfight?  Since when were McCall and Gerrard such good pals?  As for Moffat, if they cough up 250k then we might have a decision to make.  I’m not convinced we’ll find anything better than Doolan in January so he might have to wait until the Summer for his big coaching move.  Ironically enough, there might be a better coaching vacancy at Ayr given we are still missing a 1st team coach.  What will he get at Partick?  Assistant to the Assistant to the Assistant Manager?

Liked the wee dig from the au media guys, asking McCall whether he changed his approach from when he was managing a team at the top of the table to....   ouch.

I certainly wasn’t expecting it to be so easy for us today. Thistle looked better last season which really is saying something considering they survived by the skin of their teeth. Cradle was piss poor until he scored, Harkins looked the biggest (no pun intended) threat for Thistle. GIRFUY McCall

Harkins 50 yard sprint with the ball in to the box, only to stumble and make an arse of it was almost as good as his mazy run in to the box, only to fall over and be surrounded by players having a fly boot at him. 

Partick were in danger of getting a hammering today, once the second went in, McCall was straight down the stairs and in to the dugout and made a change after about 25min. They were slightly more compact after that but had nothing going forward. They clicked in to gear onceMiller went off, Harkins came on and Cardle started trying. They had a free header and one across the face of the goal in the last 5min that could have put a slightly different slant on the game. It was hard to see what Miller offered, maybe too many games recently, the midfield missed energy and they left the back four completely open at times. I'd say Fox looked at fault for at least two of the goals. 

Ayr controlled about 80 min of the game, the two full backs were MOTM for me, Docherty not far behind them, the front four looked good again, although McCowan didn't score, he just seems to drag the team forward and increase the pace, Moore will surely sign an 18 month deal in the next week or so?

2 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Possible?  Only in theory but I'd be amazed if it happened/annoyed with our liaison Loan Rangers person if it did.  Kelly fits Ayr like a glove,  is a starter in every game, gets time on the ball and gets a shot at corners/free kicks.  The boy has come on a lot and has also contributed to Ayr so it's a win-win.

Why we'd want to disrupt something that all parties are happy with is a mystery.

They can have Doolan nae bother [emoji23]

Possible?  Only in theory but I'd be amazed if it happened/annoyed with our liaison Loan Rangers person if it did.  Kelly fits Ayr like a glove,  is a starter in every game, gets time on the ball and gets a shot at corners/free kicks.  The boy has come on a lot and has also contributed to Ayr so it's a win-win.
Why we'd want to disrupt something that all parties are happy with is a mystery.

I genuinely don’t think Kelly would be utilised the way he is at any other club in this league. He gets plenty of touches during a game albeit he’s playing much deeper than I would like due to injuries. As you say he’s pretty much our first choice on set pieces and the big plus for me is he seems to genuinely enjoy playing here. He might end up at Thistle next season although I feel he’d probably be better off going on loan to a Premiership club in Scotland or a League 1/2 team in England for his development. He’s got all the technical skills to make it at Rangers though.

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

So impressed with the way Kerr speaks and handles himself, fair play to McCall could easily have patched this and made an excuse that Partick do there own interviews.

Fair play to McCall for finally giving an AU Media interview where looking like he was desperate to be anywhere else, while being keen to keep himself at arm's length from Ayr United themselves, was finally appropriate.