Ayr United vs Partick Thistle

I rarely manage to get to a game these days so I picked a belter today.
We were outstanding and Partick were woeful.

We totally destroyed them for about 70 minutes and then got the cigars out.
Thistle only started playing at 4 down when Harkins came on(not a sentence i thought i would write)

Not a single average performance in our team today and the 4 up front were unplayable.

Get Moore to sign a contract beyond January please.

14 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

I rarely manage to get to a game these days so I picked a belter today.
We were outstanding and Partick were woeful.

We totally destroyed them for about 70 minutes and then got the cigars out.
Thistle only started playing at 4 down when Harkins came on(not a sentence i thought i would write)

Not a single average performance in our team today and the 4 up front were unplayable.

Get Moore to sign a contract beyond January please.

Craig Moore is hungry and looking to make up for lost time :thumsup2:thumsup2

Thistle are utterly horrific. By a distance the worst side I’ve seen in the past two season.
Yep we are utterly woeful. Sadly 4-1 probably flattered us.
Thought Ayr were excellent today - Forrest, Moore and Moffat the pick of the bunch.
Can hardly wait for next Saturday ....

Yep we are utterly woeful. Sadly 4-1 probably flattered us.
Thought Ayr were excellent today - Forrest, Moore and Moffat the pick of the bunch.
Can hardly wait for next Saturday ....

You were far better in our previous encounter, which is worrying for you!

Well I think we can say the new manager bounce has gone, although at least we got one this time unlike the last incumbent.

Think the start of the second half was the nut low, hoping we'd come out with a rocket up us and attack, we get the ball, fanny about for about 15 square passes, give it away, Ayr pass the ball forward twice and fire a shot inches past. 2 minutes later we lose a couple of 50/50s in midfield, back off and back off, and an unopposed shot from 20 yards goes in.  Game over (tho it was really over after 15 minutes).

I was ok about us inconsistently edging our way to mid-table 8 days ago but we're in huge trouble now.  The defence is an absolute shambles, has been all season, and goals are starting to dry up a bit as well which is clearly not good.

So chuffed for Moore. 3 goals in 2 games, hes back!

Houston was my motm, he was great going forward and had Zanatta in his pocket (after he tore Geggan a new one at Firhill). Harvie was also immense.

All in all pretty pleasing.

If I'm picky, slightly Disappointed to concede and also allowing Fat Harkins to look like a footballer. However, I would have bitten your hand off for 4-1 before a ball was kicked.

Partick Thistle were dreadful, they are not the worse team I've seen this season as Berwick Rangers were worse.

Absolutely buzzing after that! Thistle were woeful. I predicted 2-1 Ayr so to get 4 is just wonderful. I loved Moore's 2nd goal in particular. So much power behind it to beat Fox. Loads of similarities between this Partick side and Falkirk last season... Worryingly for you.

Outstanding outfield performance throughout the team great desire to show McCall, my only worry is young Doohan  I know he is young but hasn’t impressed me this season, has to be coming to collect the ball when they scored, I count that three games in a row  he should be stopping goals he’s let his standard slip, needs to be getting back to the clean sheets he got last year.

That performance clearly showed the players are playing for the new regime and will give Kerr and his team great confidence

Thistle supporters in the  bowling club  before the game seem to think they are getting Doolan, Moffat, and Kelly in January. I explained to them that Kelly is tied up for the season but they seemed confident.

So impressed with the way Kerr speaks and handles himself, fair play to McCall could easily have patched this and made an excuse that Partick do there own interviews.

Do you guys always interview the other manager after the game or is it just because it was McCall?

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Do you guys always interview the other manager after the game or is it just because it was McCall?

Yeah they always try and interview the opposition manager and most usually provide an interview apart from Nielsen

Impressive "Mascot Observing Remembrance Silence" pre-game as that Ayr Panda stood with bowed head as the flags were lowered.

It went downhill from there. It could have been 5 or 6 by half time.

I will never understand why people think that booing and screaming abuse at your own players will ever, ever help matters.

Strangely, Harkins came on and played like Messi. The slower, fatter Messi. Actually quite impressive.

When Thistle attacked in the last 15 mins, you had to wonder where all that desire had been for the first 75 minutes.

We are in real danger.