Ayr United vs Partick Thistle

46 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Hope he kept the recipient for his tracky bottoms he can take them back to the club shop when he's in town.

Can't imagine anyone Is too desperate to be in receipt of his trackies.

Also first time I'll have been to Ayr via train for about 10 years, went supporters bus and bowling club last season.

Assuming we go to Ayr rather than Newton on Ayr in plenty time before the game, what are the current pub recommendations? 

20 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Also first time I'll have been to Ayr via train for about 10 years, went supporters bus and bowling club last season.

Assuming we go to Ayr rather than Newton on Ayr in plenty time before the game, what are the current pub recommendations? 

If you are fancying a bit of a pub crawl then Droughty neighbours, Rabbies, Tam O,Shanter which are all on the high street near each other.  Tam O’Shanter beer garden was very popular with Thistle fans for the opening league match last season, doubt it will be the conditions for it on Saturday mind you

22 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

All the pubs near the station are decent imo. Only one I dont know about is Crumbs and Cocktails, not been in it for years but it was a shithole then

Rabbies can be a bit sniffy about football colours. The Ghillie Dhu has just opened next to Rabbies, big screens and food served I think.

Dorothy Neebors, Twa Dugs and Tam O' Shanter are all traditional drinking establishments.

36 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Get off at prestwick town and fill your boots, boozers all the way down the main street. Local bus or any bus coming through to Ayr and get off at tams brig, 

Don't know the details but given what McCall achieve with and for Ayr think the negative comments are a bit harsh. 

Anyway to the game. I am a big admirer of Ayr and see them as a means of keeping the Arabs in this Division. So given we have plenty time to play our way to safety if not a top 4 place I won't lose any sleep if we only manage a draw - in fact I would be delighted. 

17 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

Don't know the details but given what McCall achieve with and for Ayr think the negative comments are a bit harsh. 

Anyway to the game. I am a big admirer of Ayr and see them as a means of keeping the Arabs in this Division. So given we have plenty time to play our way to safety if not a top 4 place I won't lose any sleep if we only manage a draw - in fact I would be delighted. 

From my POV the thing that’s annoyed me (and a lot of other Ayr fans AFAIA) is not the fact McCall left it’s more so the way he’s done it. Its quite clear he’s been planning on the Thistle job for a while which makes the whole him coming out and saying how loyal he was to Cameron look pretty foolish. I have no doubts that some fans will applaud him however going by the chants at recent games I think any reception he does get will be mostly negative however he’s a big boy and I’m sure he will have heard a lot worse in his time. 

12 hours ago, Exiledjag said:

As we are very unlikely to be exiting this league on an upward trajectory I’d much rather Yinited went up from a thistlecentric point of view. Hopefully we’ll be in the league next season. Yinited’s resources far outstrip ours and probably dwarf Ayr’s so I’d know who I rather went up out of the two. They’ll get promoted and Shankland’s goals will outweigh Neilson’s ineptitude this season.

Then again, that doesn’t mean that even a point could prove a good result for us come Saturday evening....

Think this will be all about how we manage the boy Zanatta he is pivotal to there attacks and gave us problems up until they went into meltdown with the sending offs.

If Kerr gets a result hear I think he will power on with the confidence it would give him, my thoughts are a scoring draw 2-2 or even 3-3 Mcall done really great for our club so he won’t get any abuse from me, I wasn’t a great lover of him but that was just my personal opinion. Think he will get thistle going no problem as he is the master of getting people to play for him predict they might get into the play offs and so will we if we can get three in on January, right through the middle of the team.