Dunfermline v Queens

An impressive and solid a home performance as I’ve seen this season. “Piss poor” reeks of the saltiest of tears crying over the sourest bunch of grapes. Controlled the game for majority of the 90 minutes. Dow was the best player on the park by a country mile today and Queens couldn’t contain him.

1 minute ago, Black and White Tragic said:

An impressive and solid a home performance as I’ve seen this season. “Piss poor” reeks of the saltiest of tears crying over the sourest bunch of grapes. Controlled the game for majority of the 90 minutes. Dow was the best player on the park by a country mile today and Queens couldn’t contain him.

I suspect the "piss poor" view won't be a widely held one from our support.

As stated earlier I thought Dunfermline played well today and thoroughly deserved the win.

Must say that I look forward to a trip to EEP - a great ground and a super big grass pitch in immaculate condition. After that today I’m not so sure......thought we were awful.Our ball retention was poor,not a single shot on target, couldn’t force a corner. Only McCrorie and Mercer did themselves justice. Pars much the better side.
Our ball retention has been practically nonexistent all season. Even against Utd we were effective because we broke quickly and were clinical. Too often we are giving the defenders the ball and lumping it forward.if we had someone who wasn't scared to take a pass in the middle and dictate play then we'd have beat Alloa as well a couple of weeks ago.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:
Must say that I look forward to a trip to EEP - a great ground and a super big grass pitch in immaculate condition. After that today I’m not so sure......thought we were awful.Our ball retention was poor,not a single shot on target, couldn’t force a corner. Only McCrorie and Mercer did themselves justice. Pars much the better side.

Our ball retention has been practically nonexistent all season. Even against Utd we were effective because we broke quickly and were clinical. Too often we are giving the defenders the ball and lumping it forward.if we had someone who wasn't scared to take a pass in the middle and dictate play then we'd have beat Alloa as well a couple of weeks ago.

I didn't like the way a lot of our fans treated AJ, but you've basically summed up his game plan.

We were very good first half, although Queens started the 2nd better and saw more of the ball. I don't remember the Fez chance but the only one I was worried about was after Martin was disposed on our right and one guy utterly belted it just wide from just inside the box.

Dow and Kiltie are such intelligent players, quick feet and dangerous in the box. Dow's goal was down to being so quick with close control, honestly can't believe this guy was in League Two.
Ashcroft and Martin nullified everything that came their way, strolled it. Edwards had a terrific first half. Comrie his consistent self, an unsung hero at times.

Paton and Turner looked really good, but Queens midfield were poor.
I thought until his goal that Nisbit was having a poor game, wasn't involved heavily and found it difficult. His goal was reminiscent of Craw against Hearts, another '' who done it better''?

Queens were poor, shockingly poor in teh first half. Fez completely lost on the left, Dobbie marked out the game and given no time. The defence looked really slow and easily pulled apart, but when your up against the quality of Dow and Nisbit, it's difficult.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Queens were poor, shockingly poor in teh first half. Fez completely lost on the left, Dobbie marked out the game and given no time. The defence looked really slow and easily pulled apart, but when your up against the quality of Dow and Nisbit, it's difficult.

I wasnt there but our defence has been great this season generally but a big part of that has been the return from injury of Darren Brownlie who has been terrific. Its no big surprise if we looked much weaker in his absence yesterday.

Fais has been doing very well on the left too.

The young number 7 who replaced Fais had a good game. 
Given queen's goals conceded column was the best in the league until yesterday I think we did well to break then down. Really good performance and everyone deserves pass marks from that game. 
Connor Murray, I think. He was touted as the next great (blue and) white hope earlier in the season and while he was fairly quiet in the first half at Palmerston in the 1-1 game earlier this season he had a good second half so I was surprised he wasn't starting.

The young number 7 for QotS looks a good player. I also thought Robby McCrorie was as good a goalkeeper I've seen this season. Confident collecting, few good stops and distribution.

Turner is a right clever player. Feels like we've signed Alex Burke again but with legs.

Starting Dow, Kiltie, Nisbet and Ryan chances are always going to be created.

When SC first came in and defending a lead we'd see teams invited to attack and then trying to sit organised. I thought the way the game was seen out was much improved, but then the game could have lasted all night and QotS not score.

Looks like the management have settled on a system and team, things looking up.

Pars deserved their win  imho. We desperately needed someone in central midfield who could put their foot on the ball and pick a forward pass. Having said that, Pars take credit for their work rate in closing down our guys when in possession. Dobbie was double-teamed all game, while I thought the left side of our defence left large gaps at times with some sketchy marking. I agree about our poor ball retention. Pars were not “piss poor” but gave the ball away cheaply at times too.  We certainly didn’t deserve anything.

I thought Hamilton worked hard and  had some success flicking the ball on but Dobbie was rarely in a position to benefit. Faisal played well until he went off and I thought Murray added a spark when he came on. The first Pars goal was well crafted and finished by the guy running into the box. I wish our midfield had shown a bit more desire to do the same. Too much plodding play from us. More pzazz will be needed v Ayr.

Good result and performance yesterday. I'm another who has to take issue with the poster claiming we were "piss poor" - I thought we moved the ball about well, created chances and looked solid at the back. We've been showing improvements in each game in recent weeks, and I'm more than happy with that.

The first half was better than the opening 45 on Tuesday; aside from El Bakhtaoui's chance, Queens offered little. We put together some nice moves at times, even if we didn't test McCrorie often enough, but Ashcroft and Nisbet were unlucky with efforts they had.

In the second half, again I thought we looked bright early on and it was no surprise we scored. They had a decent spell of possession, and Dobbie's shot to nothing, for about 10-15 minutes after that but we were the ones looking a threat going forward. Btw, Ashcroft deserves credit IMO at the second - great ball winning ahead of Dobbie, sensibly then clearing his lines, which then led to the chance created for Nisbet.

Very pleasing to see how solid we have been looking defensively, and I'd agree Ashcroft has been excellent recently. No failures in the team at all, and Kiltie, Ryan, Nisbet and Dow are forging a good understanding collectively. We look a real threat with those four in the side.

Starting to gain a good bit of momentum now, and long may it continue.

Edited by Larbert_Par

10 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I thought until his goal that Nisbit was having a poor game, wasn't involved heavily and found it difficult. His goal was reminiscent of Craw against Hearts, another '' who done it better''?

That’s a great shout but unless it involves making Broon Shoes look like a mug then it can never compare to that goal.

That goal alone makes it very hard for me to ever question him as a manager or be remotely objective about him. 

We seem to be getting better every week. This is good. Turner much improved thankfully as the standards had dropped, to say the least.

A touchy subject, but I wish we didn’t make a big song and dance about remembrance day tbh.

Turner has improved dramatically the past two weeks, even at Tannadice. He was winning clever fouls late on at the weekend to wind down the remaining few minutes and was getting into decent attacking areas.
He'll be inconsistent for sure, but he's a really good player on his day, quick feet (we've got a lot of that, FINALLY) and looks to shoot every chance.

Turner was one of our best players at the start of the season so was surprised to see him become the scapegoat.

Scapegoat is a bit far. He had a good spell, a bad spell and looks to have begun to work through that and playing better. It’s not too much of a surprise that the bad spell coincided with playing out of position.

It’s fine to point out when a player isn’t playing well. Becoming the scapegoat happens when even they play reasonably well and perhaps better than fan favourites certain sections still want to blame that player. That’s not happening.

He was a lot better on Saturday, particularly in the second half but I thought he was still struggling a bit in the first half (poor control, poor weight of pass, taking the wrong - usually some crazy World Cup - option etc.) He is still young and relatively inexperienced and he's going to chip in with a fair few assists and goals throughout the season but I don't think it's that unfair to say he has been poor before the last three games or so.

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Turner was one of our best players at the start of the season so was surprised to see him become the scapegoat.

Bit OTT. He was poor, that was all. 

On 02/11/2019 at 21:04, Black and White Tragic said:

Not so much salty tears and sour grapes more like anger and frustration  at such an inept display by Queens..  I conceded that Dunfermline deserved to win but overall it was a poor game of football IMO,  although Dunfermline stepped it up later in the game.   Anyway by the time I got back to Dumfries I had accepted it was 90 odd minutes of my life wasted that I wouldn't get back so no use crying over it.  Attention has now turned  to next Saturday against Ayr with a feeling of fear and foreboding at what could happen if we play like Saturday again,  but it's very Queen of the South that we might even win the game.