Dunfermline v Queens

9 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Dunfermline were piss poor which shows just how bad we were,  absolutely gutless performance from Queens,  as if they'd never even seen each other or a football before.  As easy a game as the Dunfermline keeper will ever have.  

Today Queens were nothing like a good team. 

What's your point of comparison for 'piss poor'?  I suspect you haven't seen us much this season (or since the early 90s).

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

0 shots on target. Seems we've peaked against Utd.

According to the BBC it was 3 on Tuesday night. So an average of one shot on target an hour.

4 minutes ago, LuoAnLai said:

What's your point of comparison for 'piss poor'?  I suspect you haven't seen us much this season (or since the early 90s).

My point is it was a meeting of a poor footballing team against a much poorer  football g team on the day.  Dunfermline deserved to win there's no argument about that as they were less shit than us.  As a QoS fan I haven't seen much of Dunfermline except when our teams meet,  why should I take any interest in them otherwise. 

Dunfermline were piss poor which shows just how bad we were,  absolutely gutless performance from Queens,  as if they'd never even seen each other or a football before.  As easy a game as the Dunfermline keeper will ever have.  

Today Queens were nothing like a good team. 
We weren't piss poor at all imo
Have to agree with D.A.F.C. here, if the man fae the Biggs wasn't impressed by us today then he's a hard task master - we moved the ball well, had a lot of good moves where only the final ball wasn't there, and we nullified Dobbie to such an extent that he lost the plot a bit and had a wild swipe to stop another move down the right near the end. I agree that Queens weren't at it today but we didn't allow them to play.

I thought we looked good getting plenty shots away, the queen's keeper looked decent in the first half, but queen's look like we did last season, pretty hopeless.

Second half we played much better and some clinical finishing saw us 2 goals up, queen's lost the rag after that which was pretty poor to see. Shame the result didn't push us any higher in the table but let's hope we can grow the gap on the teams below us.

Our front line is shaping up quite nicely. Nisbet, Ryan, Dow and Kiltie are quick and fairly confident at the moment. If Kyle Turner finds a bit of confidence again it'll look even better.

Delightful to see Dobbie completely lose the rag n all. 

Our front line is shaping up quite nicely. Nisbet, Ryan, Dow and Kiltie are quick and fairly confident at the moment. If Kyle Turner finds a bit of confidence again it'll look even better.

Ref was inconsistent today and the challenge on dow out wide before dobbie lost the plot was even worse yet nothing was said.

Thought 1st half we were by far the better team, and the only one really attempting to play football (although neither team really created any clear chances).

2nd half was much the same, except we created chances and took them. Other than Dobbie’s shot from distance, QOTS never really troubled Scully at all.

All in all, it’s probably the most consistent performance I’ve seen from us this season, especially at EEP.

3 points and smiles all round. Long may it continue

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
16 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Ref was inconsistent today and the challenge on dow out wide before dobbie lost the plot was even worse yet nothing was said.

Inconsistent refereeing,  now there's a complaint you don't hear very often. It's a given in every game. He could have been harder on Osman after he was booked then handled the ball but overall he was as good as we've come to expect our referees to be. 

Thoroughly deserved victory for Dunfermline. I thought they played pretty well and were in control for much of the game. We didn’t threaten much and had zero shots on target. Fass missed a decent chance first half and one decent Dobbie effort 2nd half which had the keeper scrambling. Thought McCrorie was best for us which says it all really. At 2-0 Dunfermline saw out the game very comfortably.

We were quite decent in the 2nd half. 1st was ok but just not getting our final ball quite right, couple of times we got in behind but over hit the pass.

We had a couple of dodgy moments in defence but largely limited Dobbie with 1 snap shot being the sum of his efforts.

I have absolutely no idea what people are expecting from championship football to say that was 2 bad teams playing a dire game.

Must say that I look forward to a trip to EEP - a great ground and a super big grass pitch in immaculate condition. After that today I’m not so sure......thought we were awful.Our ball retention was poor,not a single shot on target, couldn’t force a corner. Only McCrorie and Mercer did themselves justice. Pars much the better side.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

We were quite decent in the 2nd half. 1st was ok but just not getting our final ball quite right, couple of times we got in behind but over hit the pass.

We had a couple of dodgy moments in defence but largely limited Dobbie with 1 snap shot being the sum of his efforts.

I have absolutely no idea what people are expecting from championship football to say that was 2 bad teams playing a dire game.

The guys who work for BBC Scotland still think it's the 1980s.