Dunfermline v Queens

2 home wins on the bounce is good form, but it's still only 2 out of 5, with Queens only winning 1 in 5 away from home. 

I wasn't at the game tonight but I don't see why we'd need to change anything, although I don't think Crawford is too sure about the best combination of central midfielders.

We're definitely on a bad run of form just now. We've only managed points from 4 of our last 5 fixtures. Dobbie is way off the pace just now as well with a pitiful 4 goals in the last 3 games.

I can't see us getting anything from a Dunfermline side currently sitting on 13 points when we've only mustered 13 points. Their GD difference is far identical to ours as well so they are clearly much better at being the same as us.

If AJ has any sense he'll request a call off otherwise I can't see past a Dunfermline win by at least 7.

We are improving, certainly the back four looking stronger since Martin came in a CB. Ash is back to his best. We are looking like a goal threat again with Kiltie, Nesbit and Ryan. On the down side, we are weak in the goalkeeping department and the central midfield combination still doesn't look right to me. Would love to see somebody in the middle of the park that could put their foot on the ball and show some composure.

Not going to make a prediction. Our games with Queens normally have nothing in them.Hopefully our new found confidence at home will make the difference.

9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Predicting a draw or narrow Queens win. Think we might see Beadling come in for this one, think Turner might be needing a rest as he's still adjusting to full time football?

I would agree Turner has looked poor in the last 2 home games. 

Really we need to be looking at a win here to get back on track.

Whilst the performances have been there the last two games a return of one point isn’t enough.

If Kidd is fit then for me it’s one from two between him and Paton with the rest unchanged. Kidd is a trier with limited ability, Paton has ability but either can’t or won’t use it. Given we’re away from home I’d be inclined to go with Kidd’s workrate as we can’t afford to be carrying players.

I was impressed with Osman on Tuesday but lack of match fitness began to show late on.  He adds a bit of physicality to the midfield where we can be a bit powder puff at times. I would be tempted to start him on Saturday beside Kidd if he's fit.  

Shooting boots required for us on Saturday.

While on the whole we’ve looked quite decent defensively, our goalies have been inconsistent, and that coupled with Dobbie undoubtedly shooting-on-sight will mean we need to be taking chances when they come.

Tuesday certainly had it’s ups and downs, but if we play like we did 2nd half we’ll have every chance of picking up 3 points.

5 hours ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

Shooting boots required for us on Saturday.

While on the whole we’ve looked quite decent defensively, our goalies have been inconsistent, and that coupled with Dobbie undoubtedly shooting-on-sight will mean we need to be taking chances when they come.

Tuesday certainly had it’s ups and downs, but if we play like we did 2nd half we’ll have every chance of picking up 3 points.

Always good to see some fresh Pars faces on P&B.

Should be a good test, both of our defence against Dobbie (who either seems to go feast or famine against us) and of our ability to control a match for once. The central midfield area will be key; I can see Beadling coming in and we may go back to 4-5-1 if Ryan's shoulder isn't 100%. Surely Lewis McCann can't be too far off full fitness yet, he could come in on the left if Kiltie plays up front.

Should be a good test, both of our defence against Dobbie (who either seems to go feast or famine against us) and of our ability to control a match for once. The central midfield area will be key; I can see Beadling coming in and we may go back to 4-5-1 if Ryan's shoulder isn't 100%. Surely Lewis McCann can't be too far off full fitness yet, he could come in on the left if Kiltie plays up front.
McCann should be nowhere near the wing ffs