Dundee FC vs Aorten

4 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Think we'll by-pass the midfield and pump high ball to the heart of the attack up front. May as well go for the jugular.

If we have injuries we mat have to blood some of the young lads.

If we win it will be the usual lies from McPake in the post match interview or Deefibs as they are known in that part of the world

You put a lot of patients into that - deserves better circulation imo. Tho feel free to seek a second opinion, in case I have some arterial motive.

Re the game, the only way we’ll get “nil” is by mouth. If McHugh can keep up his recent form and Nesbitt is on from the start we could certainly score, but without an injection of skill/pace/experience at the back we could bring in Buffon for either buffoon and we’ll still haemorrhage a goal or two. Or three.

14 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

As it stands I believe this is the last Friday night game scheduled by BBC Scotland. Do we know if they plan to announce more or what?

They have a deal for 20 games.

I would imagine they wont pick Friday night winter games as they could be cancelled and then will return with a run of games in the run in and then the play offs. 

We'll most likely lose this one 3 or 4-0, another spineless away performance from our shambles of a team is the likely outcome. We are surely due something away from home but can't see it being tonight, even a draw would be awrite Morton FFS!

17 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

Hardly any Morton fans call ourselves that, few on here, as pointed out many a time it's a ridiculous nickname which make no sense.

There's one on here that uses the phrase a lot, can't remember his name though.

Thank you.

On 31/10/2019 at 14:57, EpicMike said:

Morton have a young, aggressive side with a decent attack. Their defence is woeful though, if our forwards have a good game then all 3 points should stay at Dens.

It certainly didn't appear that way against us on Tuesday night. An extremely negative performance from Morton when we were clearly there for the taking and as for aggressive, certainly not, in fact I can hardly remember a challenge going in all evening.

Having watched Dundee last Friday and Morton on Tuesday, I'd be expecting at least a 2 goal victory for Dundee tonight, however we all know the surprises and shocks that this league tends to throw up............

31 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It certainly didn't appear that way against us on Tuesday night. An extremely negative performance from Morton when we were clearly there for the taking and as for aggressive, certainly not, in fact I can hardly remember a challenge going in all evening.

Having watched Dundee last Friday and Morton on Tuesday, I'd be expecting at least a 2 goal victory for Dundee tonight, however we all know the surprises and shocks that this league tends to throw up............

The only surprise will be if we score a goal.

Just now, AyrshireTon said:

The only surprise will be if we score a goal.

In fairness I think you do have the players there, however Hopkin just seems far too negative rather than letting the players actually express themselves.

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

In fairness I think you do have the players there, however Hopkin just seems far too negative rather than letting the players actually express themselves.

The issue isn’t really that we have too negative an approach, rather it’s just not having a gameplan full stop.

I’ve got no issues with a team playing hoofball provided there’s actually a plan for how those hoofs result in us winning possession and creating chances, but for the last few weeks we’ve just been launching it aimlessly and hoping it’ll somehow drop to a Morton player without any thought given to how that happens. We’re reliant on defensive howlers and all too rare set pieces for chances and combined with having the worst defence and goalkeeper in the division ourselves, it’s no wonder we’re losing so many games.

5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The issue isn’t really that we have too negative an approach, rather it’s just not having a gameplan full stop.

I’ve got no issues with a team playing hoofball provided there’s actually a plan for how those hoofs result in us winning possession and creating chances, but for the last few weeks we’ve just been launching it aimlessly and hoping it’ll somehow drop to a Morton player without any thought given to how that happens. We’re reliant on defensive howlers and all too rare set pieces for chances and combined with having the worst defence and goalkeeper in the division ourselves, it’s no wonder we’re losing so many games.

Yes, I see what you mean.

I did feel there was no pattern or tactical plan to your play and we were pretty similar ourselves in the first half as both teams just seemed to completely cancel each other out. Basically nothing happened with regards to stringing passes together or even knowing what they were trying to achieve.

Aah, the joys of the Scottish Championship...........

34 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The long ball game is about playing balls to a target man who even if he doesn't win possession creates "loose balls" in the attacking portion of the field - it needs 2/3 players to be focussed on going for these loose balls..

Played properly the long ball game is far from aimless and for teams whose players don't have the passing ability of Barcelona is more effective - IMO!

6 minutes ago, Dele said:

Does bandwidth only open on Fridays in Greenock? 

They're all rolling in now. 

Errr, it's your first appearance on the thread as well....... not that you've necessarily been missed, mind you.