East Fife vs Montrose

This is a difficult one, as i agree that i think we will see a different montrose side now they seem to have found their feet this season. 
But, if we want to try and keep pace for the playoffs, home wins will be crucial. After this, in the league, we have dumbarton and airdrie away and then falkirk at home. A fairly difficult set of fixtures, which once we are through, i think we will have a much better grasp on where we are heading for the season. Hopefully 3 points on saturday sets us up to go on a mini win streak.
I'm optimistically predicting 2-0, Boyd (2) to keep his run going 

Love your confidence - hope you are right.

Montrose are the form team- we have been struggling a wee bit but managing to get the win or the draw.

Next two weeks can be defining- Montrose beat us twice at home last year and the week after we have our bogey team Dumbarton!- we get 4 points from those 2 games I will be happy.

Montrose are a good counter attacking team- they are clever and smart. At home we naturally feel we have to attack and at times our midfield are too distant from our defence , leaving them exposed and too many 121’s.- and of course our front line not been as sharp recently.

Hopefully Wallace is back as big game that could go anyway

Dunsmore available for this game.Misses Dumbarton away through 1 match suspension.

That was just a matter of time, he’s been picking up some really silly bookings recently, that one against Forfar for kicking the ball away was just stupid!!!

Or maybe he’s got something on that day!!![emoji848]

Dunsmore available for this game.Misses Dumbarton away through 1 match suspension.

Might as well give everyone a rest vs Dumbarton as we never bloody beat them anyway!

Tough game this weekend with Montrose on a good run of form. Hopefully Wallace is back as he is a massive threat. As has been said if we want to keep pace at the top these are the types of games where we need 3 points.

Murdoch. Not that he's done anything to deserve being dropped, but given he's very much an "all action" right back, a weeks rest might do him some good. We need to rotate sensibly. 
You don't drop one of the best performing players in your team unless you have to. Murdoch has been consistently in the MoM contention most of this season. Just because you have a man crush on Craigy boy. Seriously though I'd rather stick Aaron up top of injuries are still a problem ,and let Watson into the wide right mid role.

If we're serious about the play offs, montrose at home should be 3 points. Yes, the Mo' have 4 wins on the bounce, unless you're a team going for the title, you seldom win 5 in any division, and I don't see montrose being at that level, just shows how good a manager SP is. On paper, we have the strongest team, Montrose have the slightly better tactician in charge. 2-0 Fife

If we're serious about the play offs, montrose at home should be 3 points. Yes, the Mo' have 4 wins on the bounce, unless you're a team going for the title, you seldom win 5 in any division, and I don't see montrose being at that level, just shows how good a manager SP is. On paper, we have the strongest team, Montrose have the slightly better tactician in charge. 2-0 Fife
In fairness after how East Fife finished last season, I half expected you to continue that trend and struggle.
Shows what a good job DY has done turning that around with your exceptional form this season.
That being said, I still think SP is the best manager in this league.
Anyway, playing East Fife always gives me the fear despite last season's results. I'd take a point now.

We live in a strange era, where with the exception of Falkirk & Airdrie, everyone else seems quite content with who they have in the dugout. With the jobs that DY & SP have done, it's only a matter of time before someone from above takes notice, I thought Young was off to Ayr 2 weeks ago.

I'm billing this as the battle to be Dunfermline's next gaffer. If & when we do eventually lose Young, enough compensation to lure Petrie to Bayview would certainly soften the blow. Let's hope that's not for a while. 

We live in a strange era, where with the exception of Falkirk & Airdrie, everyone else seems quite content with who they have in the dugout. With the jobs that DY & SP have done, it's only a matter of time before someone from above takes notice, I thought Young was off to Ayr 2 weeks ago.
I'm billing this as the battle to be Dunfermline's next gaffer. If & when we do eventually lose Young, enough compensation to lure Petrie to Bayview would certainly soften the blow. Let's hope that's not for a while. 
Not sure Peterhead and possibly Forfar fans would agree.
DY, SP and Danny Lennon are the 3 managers that stand out for me.
And the one job that I think Petrie might go to if asked would be the Pars. Not sure he would tbh.
Anyway, that's all for another thread.

SP is our man hands off.Good post though and two very good manager's going under the radar at the moment but will both probably land "bigger" clubs in the future in my opinion.

Calmness required I think. Not surprised by this result in the slightest as we've been poor for a few weeks now. Can't play the same XI every game and if we'd put teams to bed in first halves that we've dominated we could have given run outs to Denholm, Church etc
Getting 5 mins here or there then thrown into the starting line up isn't easy.
Big game next week to bounce back. The pack is tightening behind us now.
Big question tho. Are we a 1 man team? Without Wallace we've had very little

On 31/10/2019 at 21:25, Life on Marrs? said:

😂😂😂

I had a bad feeling about this game as by all accounts we had been riding our luck over the last few weeks, so this result was coming.

Being unbeaten in 11 is a great achievement and everyone deserves massive credit, now it’s time to start another unbeaten run.

Well played Montrose, a reality check for some of my fellow East Fife fans! I seen this result coming tbh as we've been poor for a few weeks and we're badly missing Wallace! Big game against our bogey team next week! Slattery in for Church and Wallace back fit please!