East Fife vs Montrose

Another tough game in store this weekend against the division's form team. Montrose got two wins at Bayview last season so I'm sure we'll be very aware they're a real threat to our unbeaten record.

Our issue at the moment is clearly the fitness of the strikers. Darren Young mentioned that Boyd isn't up to full match fitness yet but with two goals in the last two games is bound to start. Hopefully Wallace is fit enough for the bench at least and Dowds has regained a bit of sharpness. 

The only other position with a question mark over it is left back - stick with Church or bring Slattery back in? I think Church has done pretty well over the past two games but Pat's been having a great season so I'd go with him if he's fit.

Anton looks to me like he's playing with an injury. I think he's doing well to play but how's he going to regain full fitness/sharpness if he continues to play. He should be rested so he can recover. Can one of the subs ie Craig Watson step in instead of playing injured players. Left back is really pats position and he should be in if fit. 

After a terrible start to the season, we seem to have found our feet at last - it took long enough.
Both teams here seem to be cloning last seasons form. Mo having a really slow start and EF getting off to a flyer.
If the trend continues this will be a two goal victory to the Mo. Let's hope so.

Really looking forward to the game. Will be a really good to test for our in form team. Enjoyed seeing the Mo win twice at Bayview last season, hopefully we can carry it on.

I would stick with the same team again as there is no need to change something that hasn't broken.  Sena is defiantly pushing for a start though.

10 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

This is another tough one. I had to abandon my programme memory piece twice as Montrose had ended a decent unbeaten run on both occasions.

As the best singer still alive sang

"Very superstitious"

"Don't you worry 'bout a thing" 

Tough game this. Mo had a shocking start to the season but to absolutely nobody's surprise SP has them back firing again. Our front line seem to be struggling with injuries right now, I'd probably stick with Watt and Tonks if fit just to try and get Wallace back 100%. Maybe stick Pat back in at left back and give Watson a run out? 

20 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Tough game this. Mo had a shocking start to the season but to absolutely nobody's surprise SP has them back firing again. Our front line seem to be struggling with injuries right now, I'd probably stick with Watt and Tonks if fit just to try and get Wallace back 100%. Maybe stick Pat back in at left back and give Watson a run out? 

Agree with you on sticking pat back at LB 100%, hopefully Dowds has been able to shake this injury over the week. Who would you drop for Watson?

Just now, lukejoaitken said:

Agree with you on sticking pat back at LB 100%, hopefully Dowds has been able to shake this injury over the week. Who would you drop for Watson?

Murdoch. Not that he's done anything to deserve being dropped, but given he's very much an "all action" right back, a weeks rest might do him some good. We need to rotate sensibly. 

Just now, Big Fifer said:

Murdoch. Not that he's done anything to deserve being dropped, but given he's very much an "all action" right back, a weeks rest might do him some good. We need to rotate sensibly. 

Nah fair, dont think he can have many complaints about being a bench body this season given how well Murdoch has been playing. Wasn't sure if you would swap out Dunlop or Higgins and slot him in for one of them. Watson is undoubtedly one of the fittest players in the side but sure his match fitness could do with a bit of tuning, was surprised he didn't get a run out in the Fife cup game.

Delighted that I can hopefully (technology permitting) watch a live Mo. game, courtesy of EFTV and coughing up the required fiver. Great service. Pity it wasn't available across the division. Only available to watch live to viewers outside the UK, sadly, which suits me but as you probably know there are means of "virtually" leaving the country.

19 minutes ago, Brummo said:

Delighted that I can hopefully (technology permitting) watch a live Mo. game, courtesy of EFTV and coughing up the required fiver. Great service. Pity it wasn't available across the division. Only available to watch live to viewers outside the UK, sadly, which suits me but as you probably know there are means of "virtually" leaving the country.

Thanks for the heads up Brummo, we'll pay particular attention to 'unusual' orders this week. Can't allow that sort of thing to be happening on my watch!

Shouldn't be any technical issues this week as the internet signal is particularly good on this part of the Costa Fife

Edited by LiamA

Good luck with that! Sure, nobody within the UK, would miss the chance of being at the Bayview Maracana in person, so doubt you will have too many "unusual" orders. I know that as Richard Gordon keeps on reminding me, when there's a match on BBC Radio Scotland, it's for "rights reasons" that I can't get access from abroad. Who is it actually has the rights to show live games in SPFL L.1 in the UK? If they never actually show them, isn't this a nonsense? Would you recommend other clubs offering a similar package? Highlights packages are a big improvement on what we had before: namely, waiting for a new team called SEVCO to play in your league before your team got shown on the telly but now we have better internet and the technology is available, why not make the most of this?

I'm sure (but the well informed among us can confirm if this is nonsense) that 3pm games in the UK are not allowed to be shown by anyone to people in this country, and that includes your Sky's and BT's. 
Spot on.
Between 2:45 and 5:15pm on a Saturday afternoon there is a "blackout" of showing live football matches on tv.
Was thought it affected the attendances of the games in UK showing games from here or abroad during those times.

2 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Spot on.
Between 2:45 and 5:15pm on a Saturday afternoon there is a "blackout" of showing live football matches on tv.
Was thought it affected the attendances of the games in UK showing games from here or abroad during those times.

Thought so. I'm out the country again this weekend anyway, think this is my third stab at EFtv this year, coverage always excellent. 

Tbf if I could watch East Fife games from the comfort of my own home instead of freezing my baws aff down at Bayview in the winter months I would and I'm sure many others would follow suit denying the club much needed income! I'll be there in person on Sat in what promises to be a hard game against a much improved Montrose side who have won their last 4 games. Any home win will do! Mon the Fife

3 hours ago, Brummo said:

Good luck with that! Sure, nobody within the UK, would miss the chance of being at the Bayview Maracana in person, so doubt you will have too many "unusual" orders. I know that as Richard Gordon keeps on reminding me, when there's a match on BBC Radio Scotland, it's for "rights reasons" that I can't get access from abroad. Who is it actually has the rights to show live games in SPFL L.1 in the UK? If they never actually show them, isn't this a nonsense? Would you recommend other clubs offering a similar package? Highlights packages are a big improvement on what we had before: namely, waiting for a new team called SEVCO to play in your league before your team got shown on the telly but now we have better internet and the technology is available, why not make the most of this?

Its the SPFL that own the rights, unfortunately no broadcaster wants to show anything other than the Premiership as there is no Rangers, Hearts nor Hibs in that division now. View from the Terrace are allowed to show clips on their programme but have to acknowledge the club whose film they use. They have used ours quite a few times this season already. However bottom line is no live streaming within the UK & ROI, full delayed transmission 90 minutes not allowed until 10pm with highlights only being made available after midnight. Raith & Ayr highlights are always available bang on midnight but if they have people who want to spend their Saturday nights editing then they're welcome to do so. I personally wouldn't ask anyone to do that.

We have live streamed every away game this season with only Falkirk being a bit of a disaster!There is no decent 3G or 4G signal within the stadium. Would love to be providing that for everyone to watch but its just no allowed

This is a difficult one, as i agree that i think we will see a different montrose side now they seem to have found their feet this season. 

But, if we want to try and keep pace for the playoffs, home wins will be crucial. After this, in the league, we have dumbarton and airdrie away and then falkirk at home. A fairly difficult set of fixtures, which once we are through, i think we will have a much better grasp on where we are heading for the season. Hopefully 3 points on saturday sets us up to go on a mini win streak.

I'm optimistically predicting 2-0, Boyd (2) to keep his run going