Airdrie v Dumbarton

The diamonds have to show the form of last week. If we are serious about challenging at the top of the table our home form has to improve.  With the unhappy feeling at home games the only way to lift spirits and maybe win back some people who have stopped coming to games is to bring entertainment and attacking football.  Sadly lacking recently.  

37 minutes ago, Moon said:

Think we'll win, we'll score a couple Dumbarton might get one.

This is also my tip. The previous game was very close ad Hutton saved us a win. The Dumbarton midfield was better that day but if we play the second half side from Forfar I think we will compete with them. We really need a good home win to brighten up the dark nights.

Without sounding like the ultimate pessimist, its the very "Airdrie like" thing to blow Forfar away in the 2nd half there, then perform absolutely shambolic in a "winnable" home game the next week.
Obviously if they go out and put in a decent performance and win then I'll totally hold my hands up and admit I got it wrong, but I'm certainly not falling into the trap of thinking we'll score a few just because we won 45 minutes against a rotten (their own supporters words) Forfar side.

Once again I'll turn up in hope more than expectation.

The key for Dumbarton will be getting Frizzell and PJ Crossan (or whoever is on the other wing) plenty of the ball.  Frizzell is such a tidy wee player and is capable of beating his man, but he's the typical winger in that he flits in and out of games. To stop him drifting out the game we need to move the play towards him, because he won't drop inside looking for it. Some have said PJ Crossan should be dropped and given his performances the last couple of weeks that probably wouldn't be unfair, but one thing I will say is that even though it hasn't really come off for PJ in the previous couple of weeks, he's never hid away in any game. It's that reason that makes me think sticking with him is the better idea, but Duffy will have his own thoughts there. The only thing I'm certain of is that Ruaridh Langan should start over Carswell, but again Duffy will have his own thoughts there.

Would take a point tbh, but it would be nice to return the favour to Airdrie.

The key for Dumbarton will be getting Frizzell and PJ Crossan (or whoever is on the other wing) plenty of the ball.  Frizzell is such a tidy wee player and is capable of beating his man, but he's the typical winger in that he flits in and out of games. To stop him drifting out the game we need to move the play towards him, because he won't drop inside looking for it. Some have said PJ Crossan should be dropped and given his performances the last couple of weeks that probably wouldn't be unfair, but one thing I will say is that even though it hasn't really come off for PJ in the previous couple of weeks, he's never hid away in any game. It's that reason that makes me think sticking with him is the better idea, but Duffy will have his own thoughts there. The only thing I'm certain of is that Ruaridh Langan should start over Carswell, but again Duffy will have his own thoughts there.
Would take a point tbh, but it would be nice to return the favour to Airdrie.
If we had an adequate replacement I'd be dropping Crossan. As it stands the only options we have are McCluskey and Shiels who are both absolute gubbins.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If we had an adequate replacement I'd be dropping Crossan. As it stands the only options we have are McCluskey and Shiels who are both absolute gubbins.

Scullion is the only other option and he's not been seen in weeks.

2 hours ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

To be fair, he was only about 13 when he was on loan at us. He looked a threat when he came on for Albion Rovers against us nearing the end of the 17/18 season. 

His ability is good enough IMO, he's just a bit lightweight and you can see he lacks a bit of confidence on the ball. I'm actually surprised Duffy has dropped him for so long as he was part of the first team when we started turning results around.