General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If the SNP go full on independence as the BBC suggests, they’ll probably coalesce the c50% of the voters that want independence, the Tories will probably get their usual usual 20% unionist/Brexiteers. Labour will get their 10% core.

The remaining 20% are unionist/Remainers. Would be interesting to see if the Lib Dems can win them over and propel them into 3rd or even 2nd place, or if they’ll fall into line and back Labour.

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:
I suggest you listen to the More or Less programme I linked. It's the first few minutes. 

As It's on iPlayer I can't. In any case I would be more persuaded by someone publishing a response to the original article.

Can you C+P the original article? Pretty sure you don't need any license to listen to radio programmes. Try this link instead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0008r63

Edited by welshbairn

Financial Times reporting that the brexit party are considering not standing in hundreds of constituencies and will announce their strategy on Friday.

We're going to end up with another Tory government or tories propped up by Farage.

Financial Times reporting that the brexit party are considering not standing in hundreds of constituencies and will announce their strategy on Friday.

We're going to end up with another Tory government or tories propped up by Farage.

Farage has torn into Johnson on several occasions and said his deal isn’t Brexit.

So, either a total climbdown from Farage, or some serious dodgy dealing. I know what my money would be on...

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

Farage has torn into Johnson on several occasions and said his deal isn’t Brexit.

So, either a total climbdown from Farage, or some serious dodgy dealing. I know what my money would be on...

Farage is in a difficult situation. His support has nearly vanished to the Tories and his spokespeople have been giving out mixed messages to say the least, seems only Richard Tice is allowed out in public anymore. He was so keen on keeping control after UKIP that there are no actual party members, only donors, so I don't know what kind of ground operation he has to back up his slick PR machine. I hope he works something out to steal the Tory vote though.

Farage is in a difficult situation. His support has nearly vanished to the Tories and his spokespeople have been giving out mixed messages to say the least, seems only Richard Tice is allowed out in public anymore. He was so keen on keeping control after UKIP that there are no actual party members, only donors, so I don't know what kind of ground operation he has to back up his slick PR machine. I hope he works something out to steal the Tory vote though.

If he doesn’t, it would appear the SNP and the Lib Dems will throw Johnson a majority and a hard Brexit for the sake of an extra 10-15 seats each.

HYS is always good-

Capture.JPG.955b05eb3d1c70496fc710c8004c7fe4.JPG
What a colossus of a moron. The Tories have borrowed more money in their time in government than all governments added together, post war.

What has the man on the street saw as a result of this, the square root of nothing.

Why anyone below the elites and their own would vote Tory is beyond me.

The Tories really are absolute scum, however worse than them are the DWP enablers.

53 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Won’t someone think of the vulnerable windows.

Oooops!

As I said on another thread, nothing gets proof read anymore...

Edited by Jacksgranda

Jo Swinson "The UK's next Prime Minister". You lot are more fucked than I ever imagined if that somehow comes to pass.

As for Wings - I think the whole Self ID thing should have been kicked firmly into the sea by the SNP. To me it was looks like an attempt to grab onto what looked like a chance to be pioneers in promoting the next big thing in equality, but they went in two footed when they should have taken a step back and looked at the whole picture. He is, without question, an absolute fucking rocket, but on this one the Scottish Government only really have themselves to blame.

There was a whole wad of Jo Swinson magazines left in my flat entrance yesterday evening and if you think I went out of my way to pick them all up and stick them in the bin, then you'd be absolutely fucking right.

Edited by the jambo-rocker
missing words

Looking forward to a comfortable Tory majority, an inevitable No vote in IndyRef2, and being subject to Tory rule for the forseeable. Still I'm glad though, because Alex Salmond is fat and has an old wife, and wee Nippy looks a bit like Jimmy Krankie.

Edited by Gaz