General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Girlfriends grandparents today begged us to not vote SNP because they’ll steal their pensions and make them poor.

They’re voting Conservative, their reason? - Brexit needs to finish now.

17 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Girlfriends grandparents today begged us to not vote SNP because they’ll steal their pensions and make them poor.

They’re voting Conservative, their reason? - Brexit needs to finish now.

Flamethrower the c***s.

Laughable, those sort of regulations were / are freely open to the UK. What makes you think they weren't. Clearly you are not well informed if that is top of your reasoning.

The EU is a corrupt organisation, a lot more than any political party in the UK. The UK bends over backwards to play by all their rules but a lot of mainland European countries do things to suit themselves, for example I was working in Belgium most of last year about 150 miles from the EU rulemakers, the area that we we working had a local rule that 'foreign' workers could only work 2 weeks at a time then had to leave the country for another 2 weeks before allowed to return. A similar rule was being enforced on another one of our sites in Northern Germany. The UK follows EU rules on free movement for outside workers. 
The next treaty that is on the cards will force us into a more federal EU and will remove a lot of autonomy for our governments whether at Westminster or devolved. If we stay in Europe say bye to any thought of Indyref 2.

1 minute ago, Stinky Bone said:

Hopefully Scotland will be Independent by then and we wouldn't have to worry too much what the gammons think.  By the time the ruk realise the EU wasn't that bad after all, the blame for their misfortunes will have been promoted over the media as all Scotland's fault for daring to vote against brexit.   

Scotland must vote SNP tomorrow.  

Hopefully but the last few elections have taught me to not expect good things to happen. Too many lemmings still around to f**k everything up.

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

What time can we expect the Scottish results to start filtering through?

Thinking of staying up for it 

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

2am I'd say. I'll be staying up having a few beers.
Fucking love Election night!!!!!

Yeah, I'll be getting a decent carry out in, and staying up for as long as I can.

Anyone up for a wee online party on here?

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I understand the narrative thanks. I believe it’s simplistic and in many cases wrong.

That’s the last I’ll say as it’s clearly an unwelcome view.

Loads of people don't think too deeply about why they vote and vote for their side. If you aren't too interested in politics you may vote Tory because you think Labour will bankrupt the country and don't believe in independence for whatever reason.

It requires some effort to scratch the surface and realise you are being lied to. Many people are too trusting, busy, lazy or dim to apply themselves in this way. 

Tribal tories are often no more dim or gullible than tribal nats, libs or labourists. They just happen to vote for a side that is really good at lying. 

They'll never be won over if the "good guys" keep calling them evil. "Vote for us, we hate you" is a shite pitch. 

Yeah, I'll be getting a decent carry out in, and staying up for as long as I can.

Britain Elects polling on this thread tomorrow night into Friday morning.

Buzzing - 100%
Deid - 0%

Sounds good. 2015 vote I managed to stay up boozing until 6am but I reckon I could go longer this time due to the dark nights (I’m not a jakey, btw, I took the Friday off work to get on it with my auld man).