General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

Voting Tory is making a statement that you abandon all morals and empathy.

Vermin. The lot of them.

Sure, but at least our wives will have bigger breasts and we'll have increased our chances of owning a BMW M3.

So Boris said anyway. 

19 hours ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

All parties scaremonger and lie. I’m voting for the only party that is willing to acknowledge the result of the democratic vote we had. That party will also cruise to a majority so most people clearly agree with me.

Couple of points - Labour wants to negotiate a different withdrawal deal, which suggests they also acknowledge the result. PLUS, if the Tories win their majority on around 43% of the electorate, I'd argue that most people clearly disagree with you. 

But apart from that...great post.

Couple of points - Labour wants to negotiate a different withdrawal deal, which suggests they also acknowledge the result. PLUS, if the Tories win their majority on around 43% of the electorate, I'd argue that most people clearly disagree with you. 
But apart from that...great post.

Corbyn is sitting on the fence and has flip-flopped many times. It’s also fairly obvious that he and his party want to Remain. A second referendum also proves Corbyn IS ignoring the result as he’s giving the option of Remain which was defeated last time.

No matter how much the radical Nats persist with their scaremongering, the Tories are going to cruise to a majority. Drink it in and accept it.

36 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So away and take a good look at yourself accusing people of looking for anything when the reality is most of us here are terrified and angry at the harm boris the bungling racist clown will enact. If you think the last ten years have been bad its about to get worse.

I am not going to 'take a good look at myself' over a fairly innocuous post on P&B. Sorry.

24 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Tl:Dr - Tories are cùnts. If you vote Tory, you are either

A. Rich

B. Stupid.

C. A cùnt, or

D. Any combination of the above.

I said he may well be right.

But this "I'm right so I can say whatever the f**k I want about people" attitude that pollutes the internet is pretty toxic, plus it's just being said to a whole load of people who agree, so not very significant in any case.

17 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Bollocks, to be fair. In the same way that there are all these mythical "decent" old firm fans, their act of supporting an organisation which trades on division, be it race, gender, faith or otherwise categorised, is at a minimum condoning such an attitude and more likely enthusiastically endorsing it.

Years ago - I mean pre-snatcher - there was a case to be made for some conservatives being decent, if misguided. That is no longer the case. A vote for these is an endorsement of policies which are causing poverty, suffering and hardship for ordinary people who now see their life expectancy actually dropping. Meanwhile, the rich get richer. This is how revolutions happen.

Tl:Dr - Tories are cùnts. If you vote Tory, you are either

A. Rich

B. Stupid.

C. A cùnt, or

D. Any combination of the above.

Funnily enough I was recently told a story from one of my football associates who talked of two of his workmates appearing in with Tory party leaflets which they had apparently been given at the Rangers game. They then tried to hand them out to everyone while telling them that they all had to vote Tory in order to "stop that bitch Sturgeon".

My friend asked the guys if they actually understood any of their policies and the response was that they'll "save the union and fcuk Sturgeon".

The hilarious bit here is that the "Tories" in question works as labourers, they don't have any academic qualifications to their name and they know absolutely nothing at all about politics or current affairs, however because their favourite football teams loyalties seem to be aligned with the Tory party, then that's good enough for them.

And we wonder why the country is in the state that it's in.......................

21 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Years ago - I mean pre-snatcher - there was a case to be made for some conservatives being decent, if misguided. That is no longer the case.

Their candidate for West Dunbartonshire is definitely misguided. She is promoting some sort of "One nation Conservatism" that I think is meant to be a modern day version of the Disraeli style, small c conservatism that was right of centre but had a social conscience, rather than a nod to One nation Australia/New Zealand style politics. Her heart appears to be in the right place, but her head completely ignores the fact that the top end of the Tory Party includes people like BJ, JRM and Priti Patel.

45 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If you think the last ten years have been bad its about to get worse.

In a horrible kinda way this is the only way Scotland will get it's independence, this alright jack nation needs to be pushed into a corner to fight back.
How bad does it need to get before people in Scotland realise we are treated like a 3rd world nation.

I said he may well be right.
But this "I'm right so I can say whatever the f**k I want about people" attitude that pollutes the internet is pretty toxic, plus it's just being said to a whole load of people who agree, so not very significant in any case.

I’ve personally had to talk people out of taking their own lives as a result of being denied universal credit and seen people take their own lives as a result of poverty imposed on them by a regime that somehow cut public spending but got us into even more fucking debt. I helped my club arrange a collection of christmas presents because last year in the area i grew up in 700 kids didnt even have a single christmas present or even a semblance of a turkey dinner or anything most of us on here would consider a normal christmas. My heart is fucking breaking that people think the tories are the answer to well, the tories. Ive tried reasoning with tories, ive tried my best to help alleviate the horrible consequences of their policies and im sorry but now im just angry, im just angry at the horrible people they are. So yes I do consider myself right on this one. Even their own former PM is of the opinion that they have gone too far.

4 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Voting Tory is voting to make the lives of the most vulnerable in our society worse. It is that simple.

If you’re comfortable with that, then you’re an absolute scumbag.

Spot on.

I'm late to this thread, so I'm sure the words of warrior poet and all round gid c**t Irvine Welsh have been thrown in somewhere in this 193 page bonanza.

But it bears repeating:

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its fucking sad that Tories equate their own vapid selfishness and think that if others express something which they deeply believe it must be as a result of their own selfishness. If the tories win this election tomorrow and the NHS is privatised etc my own personal circumstances would actually result in my household income growing significantly at the expense of others, I dont want that. My wife and I work amongst some of the poorest people in Scotland in Greenock and Govanhill and i’ve seen the reality of a tory government that doesnt give a f**k. So away and take a good look at yourself accusing people of looking for anything when the reality is most of us here are terrified and angry at the harm boris the bungling racist clown will enact. If you think the last ten years have been bad its about to get worse.

You really are having a bit of a meltdown. I've also seen the reality of Labour and SNP governements, the thought of them being in power (Labour) and the shambles that the SNP are presiding over at the moment terrifies me. I want Brexit, the Tories are the only party that will deliver that, so that's who I vote for. It's just like a 'nat' voting SNP for the specific reason of brining Scottish Independence.

4 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

You really are having a bit of a meltdown. I've also seen the reality of Labour and SNP governements, the thought of them being in power (Labour) and the shambles that the SNP are presiding over at the moment terrifies me. I want Brexit, the Tories are the only party that will deliver that, so that's who I vote for. It's just like a 'nat' voting SNP for the specific reason of brining Scottish Independence.

That's all you really had to write.

I don't care what your views are on Scottish independence or Brexit, you need to be voting these c***s out.

They are nothing but a vehicle for venal sociopaths. The Tory party is a cancer, a malignant tumour on the face of our society, in our media, our culture, slowly eating away at the fabric of our society.

Vote them out.

2 hours ago, johnthebaptistist said:

I will be voting Tory tomorrow, you sir have anger and educational issues that you need to deal with. 

Hmm

2 hours ago, johnthebaptistist said:

that's really not very intelegent 

Hmmmm

36 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

I want Brexit

Fucked it.

16 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I don't care what your views are on Scottish independence or Brexit, you need to be voting these c***s out.

They are nothing but a vehicle for venal sociopaths. The Tory party is a cancer, a malignant tumour on the face of our society, in our media, our culture, slowly eating away at the fabric of our society.

Vote them out.

Well that's your point of view, tomorrow they will be getting voted into goverment of the UK because they have enough support from people with a different point of view from yourself. I can describe the SNP in the same way, tomorrow they won't be getting voted in to govern the UK becuase more people share my viewpoint.