General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Why is it "nuclear" though? 

I don't get that. I thought my stepson could be dramatic but f**k me - politician in fake news story is hardly even news these days. 

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Sweep sweep.

You know I could accuse the Scottish Nationalists peddling this story as doing much there same.

There's been far bigger stories this week that the press seems to have missed, like Sturgeons admission to Andrew Marr that an Independent Scotland would face at least a decade more of austerity cuts. She used the term "we'll increase spending but not by as much as the increase in GDP" - which is exactly what Cameron, May and Johnson have been doing for the last 10 years.

Of course just like there was no evidence of an oil price boom in 2014, there's little to suggest that an Independent Scotland with a hard border between us and England would have any increase in GDP whatsoever. 

However some story about whether a mother put her son down on a jacket on the floor and took pictures to circulate round the media, or not is clearly bigger news. 

2 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

There's been far bigger stories this week that the press seems to have missed, like Sturgeons admission to Andrew Marr that an Independent Scotland would face at least a decade more of austerity cuts.

Everyone missed it apart from you Malky, I cannot even recall her saying that and I watched the whole thing. With your allegations being broadcast by the press on the BBC and we all missed it! The country must be informed Malky!!!

15 hours ago, Malky3 said:

I'm relaying a story my sister put on Facebook last night about one of the counts she was working at. I have no reason to doubt the veracity of her story, particularly since she tends to waste her vote by voting SNP at these things. 

I would be more worried about calling bullshit if anyone believed you on this forum as it is. What I will say is your ability to dig your heels in and keep coming back on here and say 2 + 2 = 5 is admirable, I've give you that.

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I think Labour are going to do a lot better in England then we expect them to do.

I certainly hope so because the more I see of this campaign the more my disbelief that the current mob are in control grows. Even when things are proven to be complete lies they still manage to peddle on without really being challenged.

I read last night about a story placed a few weeks ago that was reported to the regulator by Labour to be lies from the Conservatives....the complaint was upheld but as it's now felt that any censor on the Tories could be seen as influencing decisions the rebuke will not be made till after the election and as it stands the story has not been retracted spreading the falsehood. It was a Guardian reporter who broke ranks to flag the issue but it shows that as we all know, this is not a 'clean' election.

Additionally the fact the BoJo the Clown has managed to avoid any TV one to one is astounding, that should be mandatory. How anyone can vote for that man knowing that he's running scared of being grilled is astonishing.

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 16:23, johnthebaptistist said:

Do you have a job ? If yes, then that's enough to vote Tory, go on, you will feel better for it in the long run.

Can't work out if you're being sarcastic or not :lol:

Yes, I have a job. I'm lucky to be in work and no-one I work with has said they would go anywhere near the Tories....the majority have also said they won't vote SNP so I'm not sure what, if anything, that tells you...

25 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

If you have a job, and don’t vote Tory, you are stupid as f**k.

The Tories have done nothing but undermine, squeeze, and dismantle the sector I work in, and have without a doubt cost lives; including people I know. 

2 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I would be more worried about calling bullshit if anyone believed you on this forum as it is. What I will say is your ability to dig your heels in and keep coming back on here and say 2 + 2 = 12.5 Billion is admirable, I've give you that.

FTFY

50 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

If you have a job, and don’t vote Tory, you are stupid as f**k.

Is this a great myths of our time thread?

I've got another one " The Tories are the party for small businesses"

The same people who spout that, also complain that they can't compete with the  unfair tax breaks and avoidance of Starbucks and other multinationals. Remember the offshore tax schemes that everyone was up in arms about a year ago, heard much about that this election.

Also that they're customers in  a poor area have no money to spend. Imagine that your political heroes have screwed them to the bare bones.

The wheels have completely fell off the Tory campaign again and they have nothing to offer apart from a culture war over Europe. Mental that 12 million people are still going to vote for them. I’m becoming a full on Maoist Third Worldist if they take a majority and Scotland votes no again.