General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here’s the ‘punch’ that Twitter has been in uproar about for the past few hours. Prominent far-right voices like Katie Hopkins, Piers Morgan and Laura Kuenssberg have been tweeting about it incessantly.

Laura’s even calling it a ‘pretty grim’ encounter in that Tweet.

10 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

BBC Reporting Scotland hunting down Hanvey in Kirckaldy....headline news!!

Of course they are. He shared an article containing an image of puppets once.  I hope they tar and feather the Hitler sympathizing b*****d.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

How bad would the night have to be for the SNP for there to be calls from within for Sturgeon to resign?

Regardless of how the SNP do on Thursday I doubt anyone, bar unionists, will be calling for Sturgeons head. She is too important for the SNP to lose but also the Independence movement as a whole. She is the figurehead for independence much like Salmond was in 2014 and if you look at the people below her theres no-one there that could effectively fill her boots. If she goes it'll set back the independence movement by at least a decade I reckon.

There aren't many Unionist arguments I agree with but they are right that Scotland leaving the EU isn't undemocratic per se.  The real case for Independence shouldn't be that we were naive little lambs who were cruelly tricked into staying in the Union. In reality, this was always coming and we fucked up.

Scotland having to go with what England wants again, consideration given to Northern Ireland and absolutely none afforded to Scotland, the EU prioritising the interests of its small constituent nations way more than Britain ever has or will, Brexit emboldening the far right to take over the Tories, a Boris Johnson majority government. These are all reasons to say f**k that, let's change our minds. 

The reason I’m saying this is because if it’s true that the Tories could get Lanark and Hamilton East as a newspaper article suggested today, we could be looking at
Aye, because the newspapers always get it right.

If it does go Tory, it will be the unionist knuckledragging vote that will do it. Then the Tories will reward them, with a good pumping for the next five years.

....on this election, I think the SNP have fucked it by putting Independence on an equal footing with anti-Brexit/Tory messaging. They've unnecessarily split the main arguments into four. Let's be honest, folk who are primarily motivated by Independence in any type of election were always going to vote SNP. I know there is an impatient zoomer element that the party apparently need to keep onside but they would've fallen in line on the day.

The message is strong when it comes to pitching the party as essentially a better, more effective version of Labour.  They could have swept up the centre-left, pro-Europe majority in Scotland without practically begging Unionists to vote Tory.

They made an arse of the last General Election too, albeit they were at least caught surprised by that happening. If Thursday doesn't go well, whoever deals with election strategy at SNP HQ needs punted.