General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Yes, everybody who votes differently from you is stupid. Typical line trotted out by the SNP Loyal.

I think you’ll find the Reality-TV-watching ‘easily influenced by social media’ RIGHT FOR THE STUDENTS Dark Fruits drinking demographic are mainly Labour voters, with a sprinkle of SNP in there. None of these kind vote Tory, so if you want to cut them off then that’s your very uneducated opinion.

Absolutely. The thing is though that the SNP have been treating their following like idiots for almost a decade now as they've openly admitted in documentaries about the hiring of Social Media experts to spread "their version" of the truth. The scandalous rubbishing of the GERs Report using tweets and retweets from useful idiots like Michael Stewart and Brian Cox (not the clever one) was a classic example. 

14 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Fair enough Malky.

However there have been fundamental changes since then and the UK has a completely different set up and outlook.

There's no caveats offered in Scotlands Future. It's quite simply a once in a generation vote, a promise that the SNP have gone back on in the most dishonest way possible. Nicola Sturgeon herself stated that she would not push for Indy 2 unless the polls showed that over 60% of Scots wanted it. She's had her hand forced by the party membership who, lets face it, have realised that without an argument for Scottish Independence the party really doesn't have a purpose or a reason for existing. 

What is blindingly obvious to me though is that the SNP are pushing for this despite not coming up with the answers to the questions that debunked them last time out. How would they cover the fiscal deficit caused by a loss of the revenue we get and rely on, from London and the South East through the Barnett Formula? How would they resolve the juxtaposition of wanting to be an Independent Nation whilst arguing for membership of a European Union which is determined on greater convergence of all the members? What currency would Scotland use? How would they attract more immigrants to a Scotland to resolve what would be a massive pension crisis in an Independent Scotland, when taxes would be higher, the currency value - whatever it is - would be weaker on the foreign markets and austerity more severe than it was when immigrants were rejecting a life in Scotland whilst Gordon Brown held the door wide open for them? 

39 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Well yes, that is exactly the way to look at it. You just carry on with your ‘ignoring’ that has included two replies in little over an hour.

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

I didn't say I was ignoring anyone jose.png The wee buzz you've got over finally getting any kind of acknowledgement kind of proves my point.

31 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Something pop up on your MySpace feed?

warnock.png Fair play.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
1 hour ago, johnnydun said:
Fair enough Malky.
However there have been fundamental changes since then and the UK has a completely different set up and outlook.

It's a view, not a promise.

Aye very true. 

Although he did correct me when I said it was only Salmond that said it as a view, it was also a view in the White paper, still a view though.

And, he can't just choose to call the White Paper a fairy tale then quote from it.

29 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Aye very true. 

Although he did correct me when I said it was only Salmond that said it as a view, it was also a view in the White paper, still a view though.

And, he can't just choose to call the White Paper a fairy tale then quote from it.

So everything inside the White Paper - the SNP manifesto for the 2014 Independence Referendum - should be ignored should it? Just like we should ignore the pledges from the 2016 manifesto that the SNP have failed to deliver on, and the pledges in the current manifesto that they won't be able to deliver on? And you say that whilst accusing Boris Johnson of lying! 

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Just in anyone missed it, there are actually Scottish people voting for a party led by this man

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18086052.boris-johnson-compared-post-dunblane-gun-crackdown-nanny-confiscating-toys/

Ach, it's only a view.....apparently that's not as important as a pledge. 🙄

12 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Not sure that's really an endorsement for the Tory Party. :lol:

However, if we addicts vote Conservative, our salvation will come with the forthcoming Great Depression – artificially engineered by billionaire venture capitalists to legitimise the bargain basement sell-off of state assets like the NHS, Big Ben, Ben Nevis, Ben Fogle and, likely, my beloved But n’ Ben.

For when the price of opiates is artificially bumped up so high by the Yanks that what’s left of state-provided healthcare won’t be able to afford Aldi paracetamol, the subsequent drought will instantly liberate my fellow junkies and I from the monkeys on our backs. It’ll be like that scene in Planet Of The Apes when Caesar opens all the laboratory cages. Or leads the charge over the Golden Gate Bridge. 

I'm no mathematician, but it's clear to me that no drugs equals no addiction. This is bad news for bleeding-heart, over-educated liberals too, for it means there will be no more lucrative careers in social services or the charity sector once we junkies are no longer enslaved to a soul-crushing half-life on opiates or methadone programmes.

Yet, all the illegal dealers on the new-build estates will still be able to breathe easy – for this won’t happen quickly. The NHS will be deliberately asset-stripped so slowly that, like evolution itself, no-one will see it happening. You’re not supposed to. Until you’re forking out an extra £500 to get your sick wean in the priority queue. And that’ll just get you the secretary googling their symptoms.

Aye, this will be new utopia – a great reset for UK society, our Year Zero, with hordes of dirty-faced weans once again running round ruins sharing the family shoe and eating nits for dinner. Back to the days when Grandpa and I were content with a cheeky wee nip from his hip flask on the park bench instead of seeking oblivion in benzoylmethylecgonine and four litre bottles of Frosty Jack’s cider.

5 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

So everything inside the White Paper - the SNP manifesto for the 2014 Independence Referendum - should be ignored should it? Just like we should ignore the pledges from the 2016 manifesto that the SNP have failed to deliver on, and the pledges in the current manifesto that they won't be able to deliver on? And you say that whilst accusing Boris Johnson of lying! 

TBF, it's not for the SNP or any other politcal party to decide if it is once in a generation or not. It is for the voters of Scotland to decide, and currently there is enough appetite for it.

If we all voted Green, would you use the same "once in a generation" argument?