General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not a chance would Leave voters have been given a second bite at the cherry. That would have been the end of story. The whole subject swept under the carpet and consigned to history.

Farage was openly angling for one when it looked like it was going to be a narrow verdict for remain. Whether it'd have happened, we'll now never know, but the amount of press coverage and BBC exposure the odious little c**t gets, it wouldn't have been swept under the carpet.

I would much rather leave with a deal than without one, but people voted Leave, not Leave with a deal. If all sides (I’m looking at all parties here) can’t agree a deal then it will have to be no deal. No deal shouldn’t block what the people voted for, whether you agree with it or not.

People were promised every deal available though - and there was no plan for what was being proposed. That was entirely intentional, and you can't slide into no deal just because the politicians couldn't agree on anything. If no deal was the proposal for 2016 do you still think no deal would've won?

I'm no fan of the EU. But that referendum was a farce.

While I don’t fully back Johnson’s deal, I wouldn’t be optimistic of crackpot Corbyn thinking up a better one. I also don’t think Corbyn would be (and don’t think he ever was) willing to back any form of Tory deal even if it gave every member of the United Kingdom £1million.

I also don’t believe that Corbyn honour the vote of the British public. I think he’d either cancel Brexit or have another referendum and back Remain. He has flip-flopped too many times on far too many issues.
Out of those two leaders Jeremy Corbyn has been far and away more consistent on issues than Boris Johnson. Johnson was pro EU for many years remember, and changed to support leave at the last minute. He's a populist.

He promised the dup there would be no border in the sea and then did just that.

He blows with the wind. Surely you can admit that?

There's a huge difference between giving a sound-bite driven answer that seems definite but is actually glib - and actually believing in something through thick and thin.

The erg believe in brexit, and always have. Johnson has no such principles.

Corbyn was opposed to the EU for many years and in the 2016 campaign he made it clear that he still felt there were problems with the EU - but that on the whole remain was the best option.

He was criticised in the media for 'being half-hearted' but actually be was just being rational and honest.

He's not a great leader when it comes to forceful speeches but in terms of principles and honesty there really is no comparison between him and Boris.

4 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Why have a second Brexit vote though? We’ve already had one. Several posters have ridiculed me for asking this but I’ve not really had a proper answer other than ‘Boris is a racist c**t’.

People voted to leave and I think it’s ignorant, disrespectful and undemocratic to make the first result null and void just because parliament has fudged up the deal and the remainers cannot accept what was voted for.

Because the last referendum has toppled two Prime Ministers, led to a general election, subsequent hung parliament and now another Prime Minister going to the country because parliament was too divided for his deal to pass, exactly like his predecessor?

Because a myriad of different issues that never really entered the debate last time have came up and it turns out are actually pretty relevant to Brexit? Like the Irish border, or that the Calais crossing- which our current Tory foreign secretary didn't realise existed- is actually somewhat important to our trade with Europe? Or that the Leave campaign essentially cheated and lied last time?

I didn't vote in the last referendum, and I don't know how I'd vote in the next one. Probably Remain, but if Corbyn,or by some miracle Johnson, gets a deal that doesn't look suicidal for the country then I'd give Leave a fair hearing. The moronic Lib Dem revoke with no referendum position is nonsense and undemocratic, but trying to clame a democratic second referendum is undemocratic is equally stupid.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

Because the last referendum has toppled two Prime Ministers, led to a general election, subsequent hung parliament and now another Prime Minister going to the country because parliament was too divided for his deal to pass, exactly like his predecessor?
Because a myriad of different issues that never really entered the debate last time have came up and it turns out are actually pretty relevant to Brexit? Like the Irish border, or that the Calais crossing- which our current Tory foreign secretary didn't realise existed- is actually somewhat important to our trade with Europe? Or that the Leave campaign essentially cheated and lied last time?
I didn't vote in the last referendum, and I don't know how I'd vote in the next one. Probably Remain, but if Corbyn,or by some miracle Johnson, gets a deal that doesn't look suicidal for the country then I'd give Leave a fair hearing. The moronic Lib Dem revoke with no referendum position is nonsense and undemocratic, but trying to clame a democratic second referendum is undemocratic is equally stupid.

Ignoring the result of a refrendum and then having a second referendum on the same issue is entirely undemocratic and unfair on the people that voted originally. I voted Remain but I would vote Leave in a second referendum simply to honour democracy.

It shouldn’t really be forgotten that we’re only having this election because the Lib Dems and SNP thought they’d make big gains.

At this stage it looks like we might even have a net loss between the two. Is five years of Johnson worth it?

It shouldn’t really be forgotten that we’re only having this election because the Lib Dems and SNP thought they’d make big gains.

At this stage it looks like we might even have a net loss between the two. Is five years of Johnson worth it?
SNP abstained, the vote went through on Labour votes.

15 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Disabled people should be paid less because they "don't understand money".

Ljsl9nQ.png Ljsl9nQ.png Ljsl9nQ.png

Who was that?

There was a report recently on the BBC that the disabled are already paid less. 12% on average I think. Also said that almost 1 in 5 people are registered disabled. That seems very high.

45 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Who was that?

There was a report recently on the BBC that the disabled are already paid less. 12% on average I think. Also said that almost 1 in 5 people are registered disabled. That seems very high.

Sally Ann Hart. A political candidate for Hastings and Rye.

I trust I don't need to tell you which party.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Yes, after SNP/Lib Dems had forced Corbyn to publicly back an election earlier in the day to avoid looking scared.

The main problem in avoiding an election and cobbling together an interim government for six months or so to do something sensible on Brexit was that neither the LibDems nor the Tory rebels were willing to countenance having Jeremy Corbyn as PM as the way to achieve it.

Who was that?
Tory candidate in Hastings and Rye. Amber Rudd's former seat which she won with a majority of only a few hundred. Lib Dems have a chance here but sadly this probably won't put too many people off voting Tory in this area.

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
53 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Who was that?

Tory candidate in Hastings and Rye. Amber Rudd's former seat which she won with a majority of only a few hundred. Lib Dems have a chance here but sadly this probably won't put too many people off voting Tory in this area.

It was Labour who were just behind last time, Lib Dems only got 3.4%.

The main problem in avoiding an election and cobbling together an interim government for six months or so to do something sensible on Brexit was that neither the LibDems nor the Tory rebels were willing to countenance having Jeremy Corbyn as PM as the way to achieve it.

Why on earth would they agree to an interim government in the first place especially with Jeremy fucking Corbyn as the leader? Going by recent times it looked as if neither Labour or the SNP were willing to agree to any deal no matter what it said on it. They were holding out as long as they could to try and force the Tories into taking some form of action after their deal was continually rejected. ‘Corbyn’ and ‘sensible’ don’t go together, and it’d be especially ironic if he was appointed leader of an interim government after Labour’s constant attack on the unelected Tory leaders.

Lib Dems have more chance of shagging the Pope's daughter. Labour win. Even more confident of this after that performance.