General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Snafu said:

And there's myself and many people who couldn't care less what the Unionists said and voted for Independence regardless of the fictional scare stories most of us didn't know about or if they did didn't care. Can you show me evidence of what we all missed out on? 

You obviously don't believe that thousands of people voted the way they wanted and they were intimidated into voting no. Its a very delusional view of the outcome and a pretty poor excuse.

Don't forget there was intimidation and scaremongering from the yes side as well, were the yes voters also intimidated into making that choice?

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about................

41 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Under IHRA it is. This is the only relevant fact here.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Didnt one of the architects of the IHRA recently come out and say its not supposed to be applied the way it is being?
Anyway I think its distasteful to call Israelis nazis, I do think that what they are doing is genocide however.

Absolutely.  Allowing pro-Zionists to determine what is and isn’t anti-Semitic is a nonsense.

It's not genocide. It's many things none of which reflect well on Israel but it's not genocide.

I just don't get what the big deal is with the IHRA definitions. If I can make it very clear what I think of Israel by saying "the occupation of the West Bank is evil" instead of saying "the occupation of the West Bank is their version of lebensraum" then why not just say the former? What crucial information is lost in the former but retained in the latter this insistence on making the Nazi analogy?

Doesn’t the actual creator of the IHRA reject its application? Can’t mind if I’m assuming he’s done the same thing as Godwin.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

Being anti-Israel is antisemitic

Do explain...

Can you not critise Israel's regime/policy at all?

There are millions of Jews around the world who do not reside in Israel. Jerusalem is an important location in Islam and Christianity as well. The criticism has nothing to do with Judaism.

It's not genocide. It's many things none of which reflect well on Israel but it's not genocide. 
I just don't get what the big deal is with the IHRA definitions. If I can make it very clear what I think of Israel by saying "the occupation of the West Bank is evil" instead of saying "the occupation of the West Bank is their version of lebensraum" then why not just say the former? What crucial information is lost in the former but retained in the latter that drives this insistence on making the Nazi analogy?

UN genocide convention defines a form of genocide as actions against a national/ethnic or religious group
‘deliberately imposing living conditions that seek to "bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part",

That’s exactly what the Israeli’s are doing in Gaza and the west bank, especially with their blockades, land grabs and not allowing medicines/aid into Palestinian territories.

Being anti-Israel is antisemitic

I agree with you on most things on this forum but wholeheartedly do not here. I am fiercely opposed to the actions of the israeli state, that does not make me antisemitic. Anti-semitism in my opinion is the overt or covert hatred of people who practise judaism, not those who terrorise the Palestinian people.

12 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
39 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Yeah I think he does, but my point is, what information am I prevented from conveying by IHRA?

The Israeli government are acting like Nazis. You're missing a whole level of irony.

Comparing the Jews to Nazis is astounding anti Semitic hatred. 

31 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

But being anti-Israel means anti the concept of Israel which is highly antisemitic. Very different to being anti Israeli government policy. This is an area where choice of words is very important. Denise Finlay could easily express her views without falling into the Nazi juxtaposition trap but she didn't and has damaged the party as a result. All from careless expression on a tinderbox topic.

Israel is a white settler colonial project that ethnically cleansed existing Arab populations from their land for the benefit of Europeans.

As long as Israel exists as a Jewish State it will always be an apartheid state. The only solution is a One State solution and even if that is called Israel (or has dual names) it won't be Israel as it currently exists.

About the Labour Party and their supporters. 

I encourage all to look at the account on Twitter of a group called Gnasher Jew.

Thousands of anti Yewish posts shown there by Labour supporters, including Councillors and prospective Councillor and MP's. 

As I keep saying,  with Labour it's always and only about the Jews.