General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Anonapersona said:

Tarmo Kink has been thoroughly unionized. He's Westminster's dream.

The more the self hating “Scotland does not exist - the glorious UK is ONE - we are just north Britain in UK matters” mob are heard the better. We need these cringers front and centre of the BritNat side over the next months and years. They make the case for leaving the UK by parading its democratic flaws as a supposed union of nations. It’s the ones who pretend the union is some how fair and equal for members that are the danger to Scottish statehood.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Swinson now apparently realises supporting austerity whilst a member of the coalition government was wrong.

What sort of thick demented c**t do you have to be not to realise that at the time?

She’ll be forced out in a few weeks, snotters running. It’ll be one of the bright points in the upcoming weeks.

I'm hardly a genius, but I remember when she won their leadership contest I thought they missed a trick and didn't think she would go down well. Not just in Scotland, but throughout the rUK as well. Then baffled that likes of Iain Dale, Tom Swarbrick, Owen Jones even thought she would be a good leader and would relate to people. I don't know enough about Davey either, but the odd clip/appearance I had seen of them both ; he came across a lot better than her.

My first general election bet was Tories up to 14.9% of the vote at the start of the campaign (4/1)

The result next Friday morning probably isn't going to be great (may be alright in Scotland ; but I'm not looking forward to a Tory majority) but one sweet thing might be if the SNP can take her seat from her.

I think she's on with Weetabix heid at 1930 on BBC1.

Edited by Kejan

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

Yep!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/scottish-independence/scottish-independence-polling-station-graffiti-sparks-accusations-of-voter-intimidation-during-9741015.html

Its not just one side that plays dirty, both were at it. Just part and parcel of election time in this country for decades when the party ultras/zealots come out of the woodwork to intimidate rather than reason and debate with the general public.

Welcome to our so called democracy.

Hah.  Graffiti by persons unknown and an "assault" that consisted of sticking Yes stickers on a Labour councillors lapel. 3,623,344 voted and that's the extent of the Yes intimidation and "scaremongering".  Fucksake.

Meanwhile:

Image result for unionists george square referendum"

Edited by Baxter Parp

Swinson now apparently realises supporting austerity whilst a member of the coalition government was wrong.
What sort of thick demented c**t do you have to be not to realise that at the time?
I had a conversion recently with the other person saying how, 10 years ago, it may have been difficult for a female at that age, at that time, to defy the whip.
And here we are.

5 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Well Scotland hasn’t been treated ‘undemocratically’ in any way. Ignoring the result of a referendum would be undemocratic. These are two points nobody can successfully argue against.

So, when Scotland voted 52-48 for devolution in 1979, we were treated democratically and the result was respected?

You're either delusional or ignorant, Mr Troll, 

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

I'm not defending Israeli policy regarding Palestine as I'm a strong critic but it's not remotely comparable imo.

Gaza is a literal ghetto where people are regularly murdered out of hand while Israel encourages its citizens to steal land that is illegally occupied.

She wasn't exactly being subtle about it, and she knew she was going directly against her own party's rules.

Ms Findlay’s tweets date from 2018, when the UK Labour party was being criticised for not signing up to the full International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) definition of anti-Semtism, which includes  comparing the actions of Israel to the Nazis.

On 19 July 2018, she wrote on Twitter: “Israel with its treatment of Palestinians and latest apartheid laws is Nazi. It is not anti-Semitic to call Israel a Nazi state.”

On 23 July, she wrote: “Israel’s action against Palestine are definitely Nazi - This is all about surprising perfectly justified criticism of Israel.”

On 1 August, she wrote: “Saying Israel is a Nazi State is not anti-Semitic it’s true.”

A day later, she tweeted: “Israel’s behaviour towards Palestinians Is Nazi. It’s the truth call it what it is Nazi.”

And on 5 August, Ms Findlay wrote: “Problem is the definition means you cannot refer to Israel as a Nazi State, giving special protection to Israel under cloak of anti-semitism.”