General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I remember Neil from back in the '80's when he was The Times editor and a Thatcher groupie - I've never regarded him as politically neutral. I'd fancy Neil to pull his punches against Johnson - typical Paisley Grammar boy!

Edited by btb

4 hours ago, Ross. said:

Recent polls giving me the fear but I am hoping that the huge number of recently registered voters will help swing it in unexpected ways. A Labour/SNP coalition would be delightful, albeit very unlikely.

Apparently the big YouGov poll everyone's taking as gospel showed the Tories and Labour essentially neck and neck before you adjust by age for excepted turnout. Obviously it'd be daft to assume that every 18 year old is going to turn out but does show that the result is basically up in the air depending on how well Labour can mobilise the youth vote.

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Apparently the big YouGov poll everyone's taking as gospel showed the Tories and Labour essentially neck and neck before you adjust by age for excepted turnout. Obviously it'd be daft to assume that every 18 year old is going to turn out but does show that the result is basically up in the air depending on how well Labour can mobilise the youth vote.

The youth vote will be key.

Hopefully there will be more things like Stormzy coming out for Labour. Even if people aren't hugely enthused about Corbyn/Labour it's what we've got and the choice is a party who will at least try and address problems we can all see versus the Tories who intend to make them worse.

2/3 of newly registered voters were under 35 - a million plus under 25.  

4.1 million newly registered compared to around 3 million in 2017.

Clearly some won't be extra voters as they'll be students for example. However, you'd think that this could have an effect if they do turnout - polling companies seriously underestimated the younger vote last time - I hope they've done the same again.

I remember Neil from back in the '80's when he was The Times editor and a Thatcher groupie - I've never regarded him as politically neutral. I'd fancy Neil to pull his punches against Johnson - typical Paisley Grammar boy!
I actually wouldn't expect that, as I suspect his personal estimation of Johnson is very low, but I'm really hoping Johnson stumbles into the same no-show territory as May in 2017 as that cost the Tories dear at the ballot box.

In terms of relentless attack Labour should make it an anti-Semitism moment in intensity.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

They should agree, then have Neil attack Marr backstage with a chair and head out himself.

They should have a threeway fight to the death between Marr, Neil and Johnson. Not really related to the election, just something I really want to happen.

42 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Swinson gets my vote if she goes on the offensive and quizzes Andrew Neil on why he’s listed in Jeffrey Epstein’s black book.

Only if she shouts the question then repeatedly interrupts him when he starts to answer though.

Still 11/4. It's easy money now

Interesting social experiment really. SNP were almost certain to win the seat, and now they have an open anti-Semite standing.

How many people are prepared to vote for him anyway?

I think they’ll still edge it.