General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The reason a lot of people are willing to bet on EVs taking off in a big way soon has more to do with skepticism over how long the shale oil boom will last in the United States than being gullible where Elon Musk is concerned. He's way off base with the hyperloop stuff though:

That's why he's barely invested a penny in it. Throws out ideas hoping that someone will make them happen. Doubt his Boring Company will come to much either, just got fed up of LA traffic jams and thought he could revolutionise tunnelling technology, don't think he's going to. Nothing happens if you don't give it a go though. His talent is finding the right people to make something happen, having enough technical knowledge to understand what they're on about, and backing them with all he has. And realising when to switch direction when a brick wall is looming.

Edited by welshbairn

On 16/11/2019 at 17:44, welshbairn said:

And 5G in the cities. Though Starlink could just make it cheaper for a Labour Government to fulfil its 10 year promise. 

They surely wouldn’t have the brass neck to claim Starlink that as their own achievement would they?

Stranger things have happened though!

14 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Real reason the tories have a boner for preventing prosecutions of the military

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/army-covered-up-torture-and-child-murder-bfdc5rsmw

Is anyone really surprised? 

Oops i mean SHUT UP YOU COMMIE CORBIN-LOVVING c**t. ARE BRAVE BOYS SACRIFISED EVERYFING FOR THERE CUNTRY!!!11111

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

I said this on another thread but I reckon the SNP would bite your hand off for winning 45 seats.

45 seats would be a superb result for the SNP imo.

The yoons will insist it's not that good because anything below 56/59 seats is now portrayed as disenchantment with the party but 45 would be ahead of Labour's "dominant" victory in Scotland in 2010.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

I'm a bit surprised how low key the actual canvassing has been so far. I got a flurry of Tory and SNP leaflets a couple of weeks ago, but nothing else since and no knocks on the door. How has it been for anyone else?

Nothing here yet but loads of SNP banners on lamposts on the way up to Helmsdale on Saturday.

13 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I'm a bit surprised how low key the actual canvassing has been so far. I got a flurry of Tory and SNP leaflets a couple of weeks ago, but nothing else since and no knocks on the door. How has it been for anyone else?

I think they're all focusing the majority of their resources into digital and online as they reckon that they get far more bang for their buck as opposed to the more old school traditional techniques, again though, it's horses for courses.

There's also the school of thought that with politics so polarised the majority have already made their minds up in any case.

Having said that, I've had a request for some door chapping duties myself from the SNP in my area and our MP will undoubtedly be going around the doors herself over the course  of the next couple of weeks.

20 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

We've had that tear-stained "why won't she listen?" Tory leaflet people have been posting on here, the only difference being the picture of the empty suit they've stuck on for this area. They're clearly going for the INDYREF BAD tack again, as they have absolutely no achievements that anyone would want to brag about. What an easy life it must be as a Tory MP in Scotland. Nothing at all from anyone else yet.

I sort of miss the placards on lampposts; it was a bit like the Christmas decorations going up. Shame the political parties are all such shitebags that they wouldn't take the things down again.

3 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

Oh dear, the Lib Dems and SNP lose a court case that they wanted to put their views across to the people, they already have and we voted for Brexit and not for Independence, now sit down and shut up. 

Are you on the Crystal meth ??

All well and good but this is a General Election campaign and as such previous referendum results have absolutely no relevance. All parties should be given an equal platform.

Oh dear, the Lib Dems and SNP lose a court case that they wanted to put their views across to the people, they already have and we voted for Brexit and not for Independence, now sit down and shut up. 

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

We've had that tear-stained "why won't she listen?" Tory leaflet people have been posting on here, the only difference being the picture of the empty suit they've stuck on for this area. They're clearly going for the INDYREF BAD tack again, as they have absolutely no achievements that anyone would want to brag about. What an easy life it must be as a Tory MP in Scotland. Nothing at all from anyone else yet.

I sort of miss the placards on lampposts; it was a bit like the Christmas decorations going up. Shame the political parties are all such shitebags that they wouldn't take the things down again.

INDYREF BAD is all the Tories have to campaign on in Scotland.  That is not an exaggeration.

Ten years of austerity foisted on the Scottish people who have never endorsed such a policy will not win them any votes.

“Get Brexit Done” is not going to resonate in many parts of the country; even some of the fishermen and farmers have recognised the downside.

Johnson personally is disliked in Scotland which doesn’t help the Tory campaign.

So, yes, negative campaigning around a further Referendum is all that the Conservatives have going for them.

Guest Bob Mahelp
47 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

I'm presuming this is dripping sarcasm.