General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can't wait for the Daily Telegraph exclusive that one of the CEOs of the big US pharma companies is jewish and therefore Corbyn's opposition to selling off the NHS is another example of his vile anti semitism.

Already seeing people making excuses for the Tories following this.

I think the games lost. Boris Johnson could take a massive shit on the doorstep of every hospital in the UK and people would still try to make up excuses for him.

The media have created a monster and, barring a miracle, they are going to win this election for the Conservatives.

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

There you go. A vote for the SNP is a vote for a 2nd independence referendum in 2020. About as inequivocal as it gets in the SNP manifesto.

Hold the front page! You'd have had to be living without a radio in Antartica not to know this is an official SNP target, they've hardly kept it under wraps.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hold the front page! You'd have had to be living without a radio in Antartica not to know this is an official SNP target, they've hardly kept it under wraps.

Given that the previous manifesto commitments and mandates weren't clear enough and that the SNP haven't been strong enough on independence in previous manifestos for some, I don't think anyone can doubt the strength of the commitment in this manifesto.

Parties make commitments all the time and then don't put it in their official manifesto. Scottish labour wanting to abolish trident is their party position as an example - something they went completely against in this election and in their manifesto this time.

Edit: Manifesto. Just thought I'd say it again because I clearly didn't say it enough in the paragraphs above.

Edited by Kyle

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Given that the previous manifesto commitments and mandates weren't clear enough and that the SNP haven't been strong enough on independence in previous manifestos for some, I don't think anyone can doubt the strength of the commitment in this manifesto.

Parties make commitments all the time and then don't put it in their official manifesto. Scottish labour wanting to abolish trident is their party position as an example - something they went completely against in this election and in their manifesto this time.

Sorry, I thought you were backing up the Tory election leaflets, as in the election's all about stopping indy 2. Wrong end of the stick :1eye

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Hearing from a couple of Tory activists in Alloa that they’re resigned to losing the Ochil and South Perthshire seat. John Nicolson expected to have a very big majority, perhaps even more than the 10,000 that Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh won in by for the SNP in 2015.

Looks a bit of a blooper for him to kick off his campaign with...

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18063237.top-snp-candidate-booed-forgetting-seat-hustings/

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sorry, I thought you were backing up the Tory election leaflets, as in the election's all about stopping indy 2. Wrong end of the stick :1eye

St Johnstone supporter, from Perth and indeed a Tory voter once upon a time... it's a perfectly understandable assumption :lol:

Tories use the 2nd indy ref as a weapon against the SNP. I wish the SNP would do exactly the same thing in response. 49% split one way is much higher number than 51% split 3.

I wish we could move away from the constituition in Scotland but the Tories effectively bulldozed their way to 13 seats at Westminster and being the main opposition at Holyrood on that ticket. The SNP should do the same thing.

That SNP manifesto is basically a great big yes to indy ref 2. And I love it.

If the SNP have significant turn out it can no longer be argued by opposition parties that "the people of Scotland are sick of independence referendums." This election for me is just as important as a referendum.

39 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The full page;

They had a mandate at the last independence referendum and lost, the Brexit referendum was for the U.K. and not regionalised, the majority voted to leave. Concentrating on the one subject while destroying the Scottish NHS, this SNP government are nothing but lying vermin.

4 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I'm not sure language of the 'lying vermin' or a previous posters analogy of 'coming out the sewers' does hellish much to advance anyone's point of view.

…….Writes the self-proclaimed supporter of a football club whose adherents regularly sing about being 'Up To Their Knees In ****** Blood'.  Priceless, but not totally unexpected if history is a guide..

17 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

the Brexit referendum was for the U.K. and not regionalised, the majority voted to leave.

Good luck selling that one to the Scottish electorate when trying to convince them against Scottish Independence. :thumsup2

…….Writes the self-proclaimed supporter of a football club whose adherents regularly sing about being 'Up To Their Knees In ****** Blood'.  Priceless, but not totally unexpected if history is a guide..

He is right though, and your response of ‘aye but you support rangers’ doesn’t exactly do you much favours either.

The US pushing lower food standards on Britain post Brexit, including allowing imports of chlorine-washed chickens, less nutritional labelling on foods, and less protection for regional food like stilton cheese. The US offered to help the UK government ‘sell’ chlorine chicken to a sceptical British public and stated that parliamentary scrutiny of food standards is ‘unhelpful’.

The US banning any mention of climate change in a US-UK trade deal.

US officials threatening UK civil servants that they would undermine US trade talks if they supported certain EU positions in international forums.

The US suggesting a ‘corporate court system’ in a US-UK deal, which would allow big business to sue the British government, in secret and without appeal, for anything they regard as ‘unfair’. Recent similar cases have included suing governments for trying to phase out use of coal.

US officials pushing a far reaching proposals on the digital economy, giving big tech companies like Facebook, Google and Amazon sweeping freedoms to move and use our online data, which would make taxation and regulation of these companies more difficult and prohibit Labour proposals for a public broadband service.

Threats to public services like the NHS, via sweeping services liberalisation. The British government would need to exclude everything not subject to liberalisation in order to protect public services, while bringing formerly public services like the mail, or rail companies back into public ownership would be much harder.

US officials making a further threat to NHS in terms of medicine pricing policy, with special concern about Brits paying more for cancer medicines which the US feels Britain doesn’t pay enough for. Trade negotiators have received special lobbying from pharmaceutical corporations as part of the trade talks.

US officials demanding US experts and multinational corporations are able to participate in standard-setting in Britain post Brexit.

A promise by both sides to keep talks secret from the public.

https://www.globaljustice.org.uk/news/2019/nov/27/explosive-leaked-trade-papers-show-nhs-chlorinated-chicken-already-table-us-trade

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The US suggesting a ‘corporate court system’ in a US-UK deal, which would allow big business to sue the British government, in secret and without appeal, for anything they regard as ‘unfair’. Recent similar cases have included suing governments for trying to phase out use of coal.

https://www.ciel.org/news/new-report-exposes-mining-companies-suing-latin-american-countries-where-communities-defend-land-and-environment/