General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

I fact checked that - and no he didn't.

He asked if he would like to apologise to the Jewish Community for what has happened. 

And you've got the cheek to call Johnson a liar.......:rolleyes:

What's happened?

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That's Neil completely dismantled Sturgeon and Corbyn.

Just wish he would stop shouting over people but in fairness Corbyn deserved that for trying to continually avoid the question.

Sturgeon at least answered his questions despite getting flustered as f**k.

Johnson and Swinson must be absolutely shitting themselves.

It was interesting watching the leaders tactics though. Sturgeon was up for a toe to toe debate and did better than when she last came up against Neil. He landed plenty of sore blows but it won't have damaged her with her voters - actually she could have confessed to sacrificing children and drinking their blood and it wouldn't have damaged her with her voters. 

Corbyn tried hard to keep his cool and instead sounded like he was trying to patronise Neil whilst Neil had him pinned to the cross and was still banging nails in. It's hard to imagine that this won't have had a bad effect on Corbyn and it's easy to see why his party were briefing their activists to try to drown the story even before it was shown on TV. 

Johnson will be an interesting one I reckon. Swinson is finished I reckon - a complete non entity and a waste of 30 minutes. 

Kids have died on her watch ,if she had any decency she should resign, just like leader of Glasgow council that liked spending tax payers money on herself.
Away f**k yourself with that sort of disgusting shite. An utterly abhorrent individual you are.

8 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Corbyn is really fucking this up.
Destroyed on the Waspi stuff, called this last night

How was he destroyed? Neil wouldn't let him talk about it. 

He said they pay it out of reserves or borrowing. Neil wouldn't accept this as an answer for some reason. 

I'm not a big fan of this policy as it's regressive but a lot of people, particularly women in their 60s, feel very strongly about this and might switch from Tory to Labour because of it. It's got the potential to flip a few marginals.

How was he destroyed? Neil wouldn't let him talk about it. 

He said they pay it out of reserves or borrowing. Neil wouldn't accept this as an answer for some reason. 

I'm not a big fan of this policy as it's regressive but a lot of people, particularly women in their 60s, feel very strongly about this and might switch from Tory to Labour because of it. It's got the potential to flip a few marginals.

Hear yourself m8. He's already proposing spending of 80billion! He then reacted to an opportunity and said that the Waspi women will be looked after. Cost of this is a further approx 60billion(that's half the fucking NHS budget). None of this is even costed into his grey book manifesto. It's laughable, I can't stand Neil but he was completely right to rip this fallacy apart

9 hours ago, Malky3 said:

I fact checked that - and no he didn't.

He asked if he would like to apologise to the Jewish Community for what has happened. 

And you've got the cheek to call Johnson a liar.......:rolleyes:

Interesting to see you talking about fact checking when you don't back up your own ludicrous assertions frequently and run away when questioned.

Interesting to see you defend Johnson again. Similar to you refusing to answer whether or not you think it is acceptable that the prime minister is a racist and a homophobe? A question most people can happily answer. 

You have zero credibility and come across as totally disingenuous, intellectually dishonest and not too dissimilar to a disinformation troll if you can't answer the most basic of questions tbh.

25 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Suggestions on the meeja that Boris may not now give Andrew Neil an interview.

Neil certainly could make an idiot out of him if he wanted to, but then again, as he's generally pretty far right of centre, why would he want to do that?

He did a pretty good job of it last time he interviewed him. About 30 minutes in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0006xtz/the-andrew-neil-interviews-conservative-leadership-jeremy-hunt-boris-johnson

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Hear yourself m8. He's already proposing spending of 80billion! He then reacted to an opportunity and said that the Waspi women will be looked after. Cost of this is a further approx 60billion(that's half the fucking NHS budget). None of this is even costed into his grey book manifesto. It's laughable, I can't stand Neil but he was completely right to rip this fallacy apart

Corbyn's interview with AN was a total disaster re the financial issues.

His stumbling bumbling answers were embarrassing and totally cringing.

There must be someone in the labour hierarchy that could do a better leaders job, surely. as for me Corbyn is just a Swampy in a suit and tie.

Hearing from a couple of Tory activists in Alloa that they’re resigned to losing the Ochil and South Perthshire seat. John Nicolson expected to have a very big majority, perhaps even more than the 10,000 that Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh won in by for the SNP in 2015.

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Hearing from a couple of Tory activists in Alloa that they’re resigned to losing the Ochil and South Perthshire seat. John Nicolson expected to have a very big majority, perhaps even more than the 10,000 that Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh won in by for the SNP in 2015.

If that's true and it's replicated across Scotland, it'll be a near Tory wipe out. I think the seats in the middle of the country looks like easier pickings for the SNP against the Tories than the North East and the borders right enough.

If that's true and it's replicated across Scotland, it'll be a near Tory wipe out. I think the seats in the middle of the country looks like easier pickings for the SNP against the Tories than the North East and the borders right enough.

I’m told they’re hopeful in their 3 southern and 2 Western Scotland seats plus some of those in the north east, but Stirling and O&SP are a lost cause and so are the central seats that they came close to grabbing last time like Edinburgh South West

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

It's not 60 billion in one year. 

What Corbyn should have said is that much more money was found for the banks and is always available for wars. We can afford to treat these women properly. 

I should be advising Seamus M.