General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All the while, you'll be sitting at home, snots and tears all over your butchers apron as it dawns on you that it's all over.

We all know its never going to happen as the majority of Scots are too sensible. So unfortunately for you there will be no tears for me, whereas it’s five years of snots and counting for you #TheJourney.

OMG!

Just heard a snippet from the 10pm news. Did Corbyn really refuse the demands of Andrew Neil to apologise to the Jews?

You just can't do that when the BBC are calling the shots. Did he learn nothing from the Prince Andrew interview?

Ah well, another career bites the dust. 

20 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

We all know its never going to happen as the majority of Scots are too sensible. So unfortunately for you there will be no tears for me, whereas it’s five years of snots and counting for you #TheJourney.

It's not a question of whether Scots are sensible or not.

As always, it'll come down to what England wants.
https://news.sky.com/story/breakup-of-uk-a-price-worth-paying-for-brexit-say-leave-voters-in-poll-11863830

17 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

OMG!

Just heard a snippet from the 10pm news. Did Corbyn really refuse the demands of Andrew Neil to apologise to the Jews?

You just can't do that when the BBC are calling the shots. Did he learn nothing from the Prince Andrew interview?

Andrew Neil was asking him to apologize for his own anti-semitism. Apologizing would have been conceding that he is anti-semitic. He was right to tell Andrew Neil to go f**k himself tbh.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

Andrew Neil was asking him to apologize for his own anti-semitism. Apologizing would have been conceding that he is anti-semitic. He was right to tell Andrew Neil to go f**k himself tbh.

Absolutely.

Unfortunately it'll take the BBC about a month to get over it.

You know, I'm glad I'm both Scottish and am going to vote correctly. If I was genuinely undecided but wanted to pick one and had to actually pay attention to the election coverage outside of this thread I'd probably go and live in the woods somewhere. What a fucking shambles the country is.

OMG!

You can get it on YouTube. Watch interview from start to finish... 30 mins. It's an utter car crash

Edit: A motorway pile up

11 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

You can get it on YouTube. Watch interview from start to finish... 30 mins. It's an utter car crash

Edit: A motorway pile up

Yeah... I've seen it now. Car crash indeed.

Can't remember where I heard someone say that if Nicola was Labour Party leader they would be romping home at the GE.

Might even have been on here. Lot of clever people on here - well occasionally.

4 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

I fact checked that - and no he didn't.

He asked if he would like to apologise to the Jewish Community for what has happened. 

And you've got the cheek to call Johnson a liar.......:rolleyes:

I’m not a big fan of him overall but if I was in England, I could vote for Corbyn for no other reason than the media’s depiction of him.

The campaign against Corbyn reminds me of 2014. Him arguing against the status quo seems to have caused the media to completely jump the shark and reveal their true colours.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

What has happened though?

If you watch the interview Neill has detailed that. 

Neil claimed Corbyn had shared a platform with some of the vilest anti-semites. That was what he was asking him to apologise for. 

10 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I’m not a big fan of him overall but if I was in England, I could vote for Corbyn for no other reason than the media’s depiction of him.

The campaign against Corbyn reminds me of 2014. Him arguing against the status quo seems to have caused the media to completely jump the shark and reveal their true colours.

I agree with that. However, it’s funny how things pan out: Labour used media bias in 2014 as much as anyone against Yes and now it’s coming round to bite them on the arse big style. I’m not saying that was Corbyn’s fault re. 2014 but I always have a little feeling of you fly with the craws, you get shot with the craws, when thinking about it.

5 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

I agree with that. However, it’s funny how things pan out: Labour used media bias in 2014 as much as anyone against Yes and now it’s coming round to bite them on the arse big style. I’m not saying that was Corbyn’s fault re. 2014 but I always have a little feeling of you fly with the craws, you get shot with the craws, when thinking about it.

Would feel confident saying that it's the same wing of the party doing it in 2014 that are still doing it to this day when they're briefing against Corbyn. His and Momentum's fault for not yeeting them out the party immediately after 2017 though.

Just watched the Sturgeon and Corbyn interviews. Don't really understand the benefit for any party leader here. Impossible to get your point across when you have a man who publishes Taki shouting in your face constantly looking for a gotcha. 

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Would feel confident saying that it's the same wing of the party doing it in 2014 that are still doing it to this day when they're briefing against Corbyn. His and Momentum's fault for not yeeting them out the party immediately after 2017 though.

Just watched the Sturgeon and Corbyn interviews. Don't really understand the benefit for any party leader here. Impossible to get your point across when you have a man who publishes Taki shouting in your face constantly looking for a gotcha. 

I presume they do it because by nature they love/feel they need the publicity and that they don’t want to be the only one backing out of it.