General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Mixu, be honest. They maybe got the M8 done, but...

Waverley Line - How late? How much over budget?

Scottish Parliament - How Late? How much over budget?

Queensferry  Crossing - Not very late but immediate major remedial work so really over budget?

Edin Sick Kids - Will it ever open? 

To be fair that’s a hell of a lot of large scale construction projects for Nicola Sturgeon to project manage.

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Mixu, be honest. They maybe got the M8 done, but...

Waverley Line - How late? How much over budget?

Scottish Parliament - How Late? How much over budget?

Queensferry  Crossing - Not very late but immediate major remedial work so really over budget?

Edin Sick Kids - Will it ever open? 

What the f**k is this to do with the SNP? Take your time now......

39 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do you think Labour should follow the Lib Dem's policy of ignoring the referendum and revoking with a much smaller mandate than the 52% who voted Leave?

II think that they should have made it their policy before the Lib Dems did, I think its fair to say that for a long-time there didn't seem to be much of an option for remain voters south of the border and I think they should have targeted that. I can understand their position now, since they did not do that, yet I don't think it will be very successful for them. Leave voters will vote Tory because they are the ones now offering them the kind of leave that they want - hard brexit, good chance remainers will vote Lib Dem because again, they are a party that clearly wants to prevent brexit. I'm not sure that there is much appetite for the middle ground deal that Corbyn wants to get. 

34 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Labour's position on brexit is relatively simple. Negotiate a better deal than the shite served up by May and Johnson, then put it to a vote against remain.

You may not like it or agree with it, but anyone who claims they don't understand it is either a complete moron or being deliberately contrarian.

I am not saying I don't understand Labours position, I do very clearly. I just don't think its a very good one because it leaves open the option of both Brexit (with a  better deal) or remaining. 

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I am not saying I don't understand Labours position, I do very clearly. I just don't think its a very good one because it leaves open the option of both Brexit (with a  better deal) or remaining. 

What's not to like about that option?

9 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Borders Railway? Queensferry Crossing? Are they infrastructurey enough for you. On time and budget.

You are a fucking bell end. 

Erm, I know that's a lie. 

The Queensferry Crossing was opened 8 months late. And when the Queen opened it, it had to be immediately closed again because it wasn't finished. 

It's still not finished BTW! There are still electricians working on the bridge as well as painters and mechanical engineers. 

Just now, Malky3 said:

The Queensferry Crossing was opened 8 months late. And when the Queen opened it, it had to be immediately closed again because it wasn't finished. 

It's still not finished BTW! There are still electricians working on the bridge as well as painters and mechanical engineers. 

Eh? What? Are we going to fall into the fucking sea? Is there a big gap between the two ends?They let Liz test an unsafe structure like a fucking laboratory animal? 

You are Cole-Hamilton and I claim my five pounds 

13 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

He would rather swim across the Forth than cross the glorious under budget new bridge

It is a beautiful bridge. I see it was only 10 weeks late - which is nothing, in the grand scheme of things. It was apparently £245m under a budget of £1.25bn. 20% ! Budget obviously too flabby. 

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/2017/08/30/queensferry-crossing-opens-245m-below-budget/

20 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I don't understand how you could drive from Glasgow to Edinburgh now compared to 5 years ago and say the SNP weren't good at infrastructure projects.

Really? 

The M74 eased congestion in Glasgow a bit, but the ridiculous situation between Dobbies Loan and Charing Cross still continues where traffic has to cross four lanes to get off. Between Newhouse and Bathgate is a joke as well. The bridge strengthening works at Whitburn right now are a real pain in the arse especially because the upgrade forgot about the 2 lane section of the motorway. And the stretch of road from the Bypass to Hermiston Gate is a fucking disaster zone. 

Also got to wonder whose genius idea it was to send the M74 onto a bottleneck on the M77. That tail back causes delays and hassle on both the M8 and the M74 every single morning and evening. 

To be honest I'm not all that convinced that the journey from Glasgow to Edinburgh is significantly better than it was 10 years ago. 

3 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Eh? What? Are we going to fall into the fucking sea? Is there a big gap between the two ends?They let Liz test an unsafe structure like a fucking laboratory animal? 

You are Cole-Hamilton and I claim my five pounds 

It's not finished. Transport Scotland says it won't be finished until December 2019

23 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Borders Railway? Queensferry Crossing? Are they infrastructurey enough for you. On time and budget.

You are a fucking bell end. 

Yes, They are indeed infrastructurey enough. Neither was on time nor anything like the original estimated costs. But tbf if you keep putting the budget up you will at least keep close to "budget". 

Yet another aggressive internet hardman, eh?

9 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

It is a beautiful bridge. I see it was only 10 weeks late - which is nothing, in the grand scheme of things. It was apparently £245m under a budget of £1.25bn. 20% ! Budget obviously too flabby. 

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/2017/08/30/queensferry-crossing-opens-245m-below-budget/

P1010788.JPG

16 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Same could be said for the Forth Bridge which should have been completed by 1890.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Any Yoon that criticises the SNP on infrastructure issues is off their fucking head.

The SNP are doing their best to drag Scotland into the 21st century, after decades of neglect under Westminster control. Labour allowed the A9 to turn into a death trap and did f**k all about it.....the SNP have invested billions to make this road far safer and fit for modern purpose. 

Projects like this, and the bridge, and the new railways, and the M8, and a hundred other projects, are part of the reason why so many people continue to vote for the SNP.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Same could be said for the Forth Bridge which should have been completed by 1890.

I'm so happy you're sober enough tonight to post ICTJohnboy, because wee kinky and bennett probably had their todgers out when they first hurriedly read that.  

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Any Yoon that criticises the SNP on infrastructure issues is off their fucking head.

The SNP are doing their best to drag Scotland into the 21st century, after decades of neglect under Westminster control. Labour allowed the A9 to turn into a death trap and did f**k all about it.....the SNP have invested billions to make this road far safer and fit for modern purpose. 

Projects like this, and the bridge, and the new railways, and the M8, and a hundred other projects, are part of the reason why so many people continue to vote for the SNP.

And don't  forget that the levenmouth railway project has been given the go-ahead. This will link an isolated and economically neglected area of Fife by rail for the first time since the 1960s. Budget of 70 million. 

10 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I don't understand the chub about the M8. I use it everyday and seriously it's not great. The M74 extension into Glasgow was a much better and more successful project that really would have made a positive difference if it wasn't for the fact they fucked up connecting it to the M77. 

BTW it should also be mentioned that the initial plans for the Queensferry Crossing was laid out by Thatchers government in the early 1990's, with the full backing of the Scottish Office, but Edinburgh City Council blocked it on the grounds that it would mean increased traffic into the capital. 

Edited by Malky3