General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I didn't talk about holiday homes specifically. There's a massive Buy To Let scandal happening as well. You need to throw that into the second home mix. That's 2.5 million as of last April alone.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/housing-market-buytolet-landlords-investors-record-high-despite-tax-hike-stamp-duty-a8292146.html

People can't afford new homes but there are plenty of homes out there.

The issue is that too many people have more than one of them which pushes up prices for everyone else - both in terms of house prices and rental prices.

It's a massive number and it's a massive problem. There's no point trying to justify it away by saying things like "it's only ....".

We can't have the forum's posters up in arms about homelessness because of a chronic housing shortage (quite rightly) and then defend one of those posters who has more houses than he needs because he tells us that he only charges a small amount of rent.

You're complaining about too many people renting out 2nd homes? But that suppresses rents  by increasing supply and pushes buying prices up by restricting supply.

Edited by Pet Jeden

In cloud cuckoo land because you don't approve of the policies, or because they are a suicide note in a Britain that has jettisoned all notion of commonweal whilst becoming a monument to corrupt capitalism and beggar thy neighbour greed ?

I'm delighted to see nationalisation of essential utilities back in the frame - clean drinking water, free education, security of affordable energy and universal access to healthcare, including dentistry, for all should be the baseline in a civilised society.

As for the cost; eradicating tax evasion by legal force would be a huge start.
I'm not saying some of above ain't good, I'm just saying middle england will run a mile from it. His policies and his reticence on Brexit stance is making him unelectable; and will herald a Tory majority.

11 hours ago, DAFC. said:

The oil is running oot. What else we got?

Whiskey?

Ok, maybe whiskey.

We’ve also made advancements in the tech industry, look at the success of GTA as an example.

Ok, we’ve got that. But we’d still be skint!

What about the booming success of the gin industry?

Aye, but it’s a fad!

Tourism as well. Scotland generated 220 million on tourists from music alone last year.

We’d still be skint!!! We’ve got nothing to offer!!!

I honestly think Unionists fucking hate Scotland.

Dear oh dear! 

I'm a Unionist who loves Scotland enough to want to protect my countrymens best interests, voting not to follow the face painted lemmings off a cliff. I'm also a Unionist who knows how to spell whisky! 

8 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

I said "great" grandparents.

But you continue making things up as you like. it's what you do on here.

What you refuse to grasp here is it doesn't matter what generation you pick, it is your argument that "African black people" were poorer than the white man because they were genetically inferior that is racist. 

I have said that I don't believe you intended to be racist but the fact that you are still arguing this through certainly makes me wonder if I'm being a bit generous here and that you are indeed an odious racist. 

Edited by Malky3

10 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Dear oh dear! 

I'm a Unionist who loves Scotland enough to want to protect my countrymens best interests, voting not to follow the face painted lemmings off a cliff. I'm also a Unionist who knows how to spell whisky!

Are ye aye?
27820_both.jpg

1 minute ago, Malky3 said:

What you refuse to grasp here is it doesn't matter what generation you pick, it is your argument that "African black people" were poorer than the white man because they were genetically inferior that is racist. 

I have said that I don't believe you intended to be racist but the fact that you are still arguing this through certainly makes me wonder if I'm being a bit generous here and that you are indeed an odious racist. 

There you are flapping your gums making things up again by taking away from what I said what nobody else would take away from it.

3 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

There you are flapping your gums making things up again by taking away from what I said what nobody else would take away from it.

You said that Black Africans are now richer than my great grandparents because of evolution. Look up the meaning of the word BawWatchin. Like I said last night I think you were just being stupid rather than racist, but you really should correct yourself - IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

You said that Black Africans are now richer than my great grandparents because of evolution. Look up the meaning of the word BawWatchin. Like I said last night I think you were just being stupid rather than racist, but you really should correct yourself - IMO. 

Are you saying the world hasn't evolved since the days of your great grandparents? Are you honestly that stupid?

2 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Are you saying the world hasn't evolved since the days of your great grandparents? Are you honestly that stupid?

"Evolution" was the word you used BawWatchin. 

Evolution is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. These characteristics are the expressions of genes that are passed on from parent to offspring during reproduction.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You are justifying yourself here and it doesn't surprise me that your conscience is not bothering you.

If you're OK with being a hypocrite then I have no problem with that but you might want to remember that you are part of the problem as regards the housing crisis.

Personally I'd like to see tenants given a right to buy to stop all this greed.

I have nothing to justify. I bought a flat in the area I grew up in and if I ever end up back there I will very likely live in it. Until I do, someone else is getting to live there at a cheaper rent than they otherwise would. That doesn’t preclude me from offering solutions to the problem at hand. You don’t hate the player, you hate the game...

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The real life impact of Universal Credit.  This will get worse after the GE and lots of people simply won’t give a f**k.

https://news.sky.com/story/shredding-lives-the-reality-of-universal-credit-in-blackpool-11866821

POVERTY DOESN'T EXIST incoming...

Any excuse for a pic of Malksoft's hero!

snaps_ids-about-ap_3368683a.gif

He’s in cloud cuckoo land with most things he says to be honest. Baffles me why he has such a loyal group of followers despite failing to defeat an absolute shambles of a Tory party in recent years.
His opposition has defeated this government over forty six times,making him the most successful opposition leader, overtaking the Grantham Witch, who managed to do so forty times. He's in the process of destroying his third Tory leader, and allegations of Labour being divided are pretty delusional when you look at the government benches, and what this civil war has done to the Tories.
Tories lose Dominic Grieve. Labour lose Ian Austin.which party is the loser here?

7 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Labour doing a fake Lib Dem leaflet days after complaining about a fake reality check twitter page run by the Conservatives? 

Erm no.

It's nothing to do with the Labour party and is in no way comparable to what the tories have been doing.

I'm not saying some of above ain't good, I'm just saying middle england will run a mile from it. His policies and his reticence on Brexit stance is making him unelectable; and will herald a Tory majority.
Sounds like a pretty good reason to leave Middle England and the rest of the UK to their own devices in future. You either fix something from within or if that isn't possible find an alternative.

Fortunately Scotland has that option.

This is both amazing and horrifying in equal measure. Angry man who claims to earn over £80k a year claims he isn’t in the top 50% of earners.
I don't know what's worse, his insistence that he isn't in the top 5%, the hopelessness of Fiona Bruce or the fact the BBC were tweeting this clip without commenting that he was in fact part of the 5%. Lots of people also wondering what kind of job he has that earns him 80 grand a year whist paying his taxes PAYE. Thought the Labour guy handled it pretty well although it would have been nice if he had used statistics to back it up.