General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's because you are expecting far too much of people. Folk have their own circumstances and their own families to worry about and rightly so. We are about the only species who seem to find additional time and money to care about the weaker people in society. I am not aware of a single other species which has ever done that. It's genuinely interesting that any humans should be like this. Personally, I think it is driven by self interest even if it's about making yourself feel good but I'm open to other ideas. This "moral" thing is a really curious one. I think we are fortunate that so many people want to help others but to call that "moral" and suddenly demand that people should help others is wrong IMO.
Not only is tax a legal issue, it should never BE a moral issue. There is no case for bringing morality into it.

You obviously don't realise that you have actually outlined one of the characteristics which sets humans apart as a species.

What you are advocating is essentially the law of the jungle, always presuming that you are all right Jack - the very essence of self-interest.

That's because you are expecting far too much of people. Folk have their own circumstances and their own families to worry about and rightly so. We are about the only species who seem to find additional time and money to care about the weaker people in society. I am not aware of a single other species which has ever done that. It's genuinely interesting that any humans should be like this. Personally, I think it is driven by self interest even if it's about making yourself feel good but I'm open to other ideas. This "moral" thing is a really curious one. I think we are fortunate that so many people want to help others but to call that "moral" and suddenly demand that people should help others is wrong IMO.
Not only is tax a legal issue, it should never BE a moral issue. There is no case for bringing morality into it.

Being by the far the most intelligent "species" on the planet, intelligent enough to directly impact every other species on Earth means we have some sort of responsibility not be selfish arseholes.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Or perhaps we could talk about how people across the country bleat and moan about "having to" work as an employee for 45-50 years but do absolutely f**k all about it in all of those years because they can't be arsed learning how to budget and save money which could have allowed them to retire many years earlier. Wittering on about having to find "meaning in their lives". FFS, is that the level of genius you had in mind?

Segue into another paid off mortgage reference here I reckon 😀

Edited by KingRocketman II

Humans are absolute fucking idiots on the whole with a sliver of incredibly intelligent people propping the whole thing up. 
It beggars belief that you don't realise that.
Let's start with the idea that it's OK to throw a perfectly functioning piece of technology such as a phone, stuffed with scarce rare earth metals, straight into landfill every few months because you want something "cooler". Is that an example of this superior intelligence you are talking about?
Or we could talk about how humans pollute (directly or indirectly) our drinking water or poison our food with endless toxic chemicals from virtually every industry. Clever?
Or perhaps we could talk about how people across the country bleat and moan about "having to" work as an employee for 45-50 years but do absolutely f**k all about it in all of those years because they can't be arsed learning how to budget and save money which could have allowed them to retire many years earlier. Wittering on about having to find "meaning in their lives". FFS, is that the level of genius you had in mind?
In the meantime, virtually every other species go about their lives taking only what they need and leaving virtually no fingerprint on the earth.
I have more examples but we'd be here all night.
It beggars belief that I think humans are the most intelligent species on the planet ?

Ok then [emoji23]

Zen Oaksoft out of the window again.
No doubt he'll be back to reply to the bites.

Nietzschian oaksoft is a new direction I didn’t expect. I hope he sticks with it. Got my money on Jungian oaksoft being the next development.