General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

SNP polling 46% according to YouGov. That should be enough to see of almost all of the freaks in the Tories, useless Labour and reptiles of the Lib Dems.

https://talkingupscotlandtwo.com/2019/11/07/three-yougov-polls-in-a-week-put-snp-support-at-average-of-46-to-wipe-the-decks/

Not if the 'screw over Scotland' pact or Greens have anything to do with it.

Wee bit off topic slightly but I’m sad to see that Angus Robertson won’t be standing as a candidate anywhere in the GE! 

Wonder if he’s holding of to challenge Ruth at the next Holyrood election.

Saw a Scotland only poll from yougov earlier

SNP 42%

Tories 22%

Labour 12% ( :lol: )

Lib Dems 13%

Greens 4%

Brexit Party 6%

In terms of seats, that would (apparently) equate to

SNP 50

Tories 3 

Labour 1 

Lib Dems 5

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

How the f**k are so many people voting Tory up here? Utterly insane, just no self respect or care.

If you're a staunch unionist and not that bothered about Brexit, it's probably the way to go. 

YouGov have released a host of regional polls and labour look completely and utterly fucked. Here it is for reference.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/11/08/regional-voting-intentions-show-both-main-parties-?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=website_article&utm_campaign=ge2019_regional_VI

25 minutes ago, Kyle said:

SNP 42%

Tories 22%

Lib Dems 13%

Greens 4%

Brexit Party 6%

SNP 50

Tories 3 

Labour 1 

Lib Dems 5

How the f**k are so many people voting Tory up here? Utterly insane, just no self respect or care.
That's quite easily answered. There are still far too many Scots who vote on the basis of their religious affiliation, the vast majority nowadays are Protestants likely to support the Tories. Why ? Because firstly they remain Queen and country unionists, and secondly, with the Catholic vote migrating from Labour to the SNP it will merely harden their resolve.

More worrying however, are the much more quiet voting habits of the sizeable number of English people who now live in Scotland. There are areas of the country where it can sometimes be difficult to discern a Scottish accent, and whilst some of these folks are stalwart advocates for Independence I would hazard the vast majority put their cross against the Tories as they probably always have.

Incoming charges of racism anticipated, but facts are chiels that winna ding.

30 minutes ago, Kyle said:

SNP 42%

Tories 22%

Lib Dems 13%

Greens 4%

Brexit Party 6%

SNP 50

Tories 3 

Labour 1 

Lib Dems 5

I watched STV Newsnight during the week which preceded this poll. The "pundits" were Andy McIvor/Geoff Aberdeen and Katrina Bussey: Ex Tory adviser/Ex SNP Communication/PA journalist.

Katrine: SNP 49 Cons 3  Libs 5 Lab 2

Andy     SNP   43  Cons 8  Libs 5  Lab 2

Geoff   SNP 38    Cons 9   Libs 6  Lab 6

Make of that you want but managing expectations is Geoff's story? I would tend to go with McIvor but hope for Bussey!

I agree - I can't see how the SNP get as many as 50 seats to be honest. They'll pick up the bulk of labours seats and some from the tories, but North East Fife looks a struggle and the Tories will surely get more than 3.

I think 45 is an exceptional night for the SNP this time, more than enough to continue the push for Indyref 2.

10 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I watched STV Newsnight during the week which preceded this poll. The "pundits" were Andy McIvor/Geoff Aberdeen and Katrina Bussey: Ex Tory adviser/Ex SNP Communication/PA journalist.

Make of that you want but managing expectations is Geoff's story? I would tend to go with McIvor but hope for Bussey!

Can't even comprehend this scenario. Even losing one seat would be a miracle for Labour.

I think SNP will finish up between 45-50 seats. Funny thing is, unionists will claim it means nothing for IndyRef2 if SNP hoover up tons of seats but if SNP do poorly then they'll say it shows people don't want independence.

Basically, politicians are full of shit and will say anything to justify their existence. I know, a startling revelation.

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I know this is a shock to people like you but the majority of people simply don't share your hard left views on the country or the Tories.

It's only a surprise to you because you post in an echo chamber here.

You're probably right about the 'hard left' views, but the majority of Scots agree with him about the Tories. 

Labour will hold on to one seat - Edinburgh South and lose the rest to the SNP.

Think the SNP could take many of the Tory seats - especially if Remain/One Nation Tories either don't vote or switch to the Lib Dems. A lot of Labour voters in Tory/SNP marginals will undoubtedly back the SNP - Labour are absolutely fucked in Scotland.