General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Genuine question here. 

I'm getting the Jo Swinson thing. She's lightweight and disposable, I'll agree with that.

And I  get the delusional  thing about power that she's got. 

But is she really any threat? 

She's a soft target, fair enough, she sets herself up through a combination of naivety and incompetence.  But is she any realistic threat?

5 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Genuine question here. 

I'm getting the Jo Swinson thing. She's lightweight and disposable, I'll agree with that.

She's a soft target, fair enough, she sets herself up through a combination of naivety and incompetence.  But is she any realistic threat?

Don't think she is in Scotland, but in England she's running a propaganda campaign trying to take votes from Labour, using false tactical voting stats. That could be very useful to the Tories. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't think she is in Scotland, but in England she's running a propaganda campaign trying to take votes from Labour, using false tactical voting stats. That could be very useful to the Tories. 

Wasn't particularly referring to Scotland, but you've just confirmed what I thought. 

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

10 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Question for SNP guys...

Boris calls Sturgeon after the election, it’s a hung parliament situation.

“Nicola, we’ll give you an independence referendum, but you have to back our Brexit deal”

Does Sturgeon say yes or no?

Nicola says NO. 

Nicola says f**k Off.

Question for SNP guys...

“Nicola, we’ll give you an independence referendum, but you have to back our Brexit deal”

No. We don't want an economic basket case as our next door neighbour.

7 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
29 minutes ago, Donathan said:
Question for SNP guys...

No. We don't want an economic basket case as our next door neighbour.

I get your point, but, sadly, they're always going to be our next door neighbour. 

6 hours ago, Donathan said:

Question for SNP guys...

No.

Dealing with the Tories would piss all over an Indy Ref outcome and significantly damage the SNP vote at the next Holyrood Election. We just need to look at the destruction of Labour in 2015 after sharing a platform with the Tories during the 2014 campaign. 

7 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Genuine question here. 

Most of the other Labour supporters on here have given up on any real hope of beating the Tories, so in order to feel good about themselves they focus on the Lib Dems who got about 7% of the national vote last election. It gives them something to crow about until Labour starts making inroads into Boris' lead, then you will see a sudden rush of polling posts. It shows how low they are aiming. 

Most of the Lib Dem top 20 target seats (outside of Scotland) are Tory held seats in remain areas. 

http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/battleground/targets/liberal-democrat

Most of Labours top 20 (outside of Scotland) are Tory held in leave areas. 

http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/battleground/targets/labour

Cold logic says the better the Lib Dems and Brexit Party do on polling day, the harder it will be for a leave majority in Westminster, especially given the SNP's likely mopping up of most of the 13 Tory seats in Scotland. 

That said the Torys are very likely to pick up lots of seats off Labour in leave areas. 

http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/battleground/targets/conservative

The current mindset of the Labour Party and its supporters seems to be that having a message that appeals to marginal voters is some  kind of treachery. They love talking to themselves about themselves and publicly nursing grudges and grievances. If they do not get their shit together we will all pay with Boris' brexit and 5 more years with him running the economy. 

Edited by dorlomin

42 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

No.

Dealing with the Tories would piss all over an Indy Ref outcome and significantly damage the SNP vote at the next Holyrood Election. We just need to look at the destruction of Labour in 2015 after sharing a platform with the Tories during the 2014 campaign. 

Exactly.

I get that there’s no easy route to holding a referendum, but there’s no point in taking a route which makes winning it considerably more difficult. The whole point of the exercise is to win it and jumping into bed with the Tories over Brexit would undermine everything the SNP have said and done over the last 3 years, offering an easy counter-attack to the Lib Dems and Labour to appeal to those who voted No in 2014 & Remain in 2016 who might otherwise have been persuaded to switch to Yes.

12 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I see the Metro are flat-out invoking Churchill comparisons with Johnson today. That's been coming for a while.

It's a deliberately strategy for him to waddle like a fat old war leader.

Edited by welshbairn