General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are all Green voters really likely to vote SNP otherwise? A lot probably would be more comfortable with the Lib Dems. Also worth bearing in mind what Brexit party candidates are going to do to the Tories, if Nigel Farage's Brino deal patter starts to resonate with hardcore Leave types.

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Are all Green voters really likely to vote SNP otherwise? A lot probably would be more comfortable with the Lib Dems. Also worth bearing in mind what Brexit party candidates are going to do to the Tories, if Nigel Farage's Brino deal patter starts to resonate with hardcore Leave types.

It seems likely to me. Was it not thought to be an issue in the 2016 Holyrood election?

I want to see Swinson and my local clown turfed out almost as much as I want independence, tbh.

I think 'loathing' is the appropriate term.

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Boris just argued that immigration is bad for the NHS, Boris doesnt seem to have a clue where a lot of the lower paid crucial NHS staff come from...

I can't believe the number of damaging gaffs the Govt have come out with over the past 48 hours.  They just have to open their fucking mouths.

Put you money on Labour to win with a  decent majority.

I'm starting to wonder if the tories want to lose the election so that they don't have to own Brexit. Labour, the lib dems and the SNP started campaigning hard as soon as the election was announced but the tories were nowhere to be seen until their disasters over the past couple of days. Is it possible that they want to lose so they no longer have to deal with the brexit shambles they created? Any one of them who has tried to 'sort it out' has failed as soon as they've had a bit of responsibility for it. I wouldn't put it past them trying to absolve themselves of the mess. For the past 3-4 years they've made UK politics be all about a single issue and it's one they don't have an answer for.

Edited by alr
Grammar

14 minutes ago, alr said:

I'm starting to wonder if the tories want to lose the election so that they don't have to own Brexit. Labour, the lib dems and the SNP started campaigning hard as soon as the election was announced but the tories were nowhere to be seen until their disasters over the past couple of days. Is it possible that they want to lose so they no longer have to deal with the brexit shambles they created? Any one of them who has tried to 'sort it out' has failed as soon as they've had a bit of responsibility for it. I wouldn't put it past them trying to absolve themselves of the mess. For the past 3-4 years they've made UK politics be all about a single issue and it's one they don't have an answer for.

That's exactly what they're doing.

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

People often tend to see a deeper hidden plan where the more likely explanation is incompetence.

True. I'm always assuming that there's something bigger happening with the powers that be but watching Boris Johnson and Donald Trump run the UK and US maybe things are actually just as simple as they seem.

If they aretrying to throw it then the Brexit Party stance helps them, their 'campaign' so far helps them... But if they didn't want to rule then why make BJ their leader, why pursue 'no deal' so much etc.

Occam's Razor at play, not that I feel comfortable with it when there are conspiracies to speculate about!

Oofft Tom Watson deuty leader of labour is not standing
As I said elsewhere, good news if a bit late. Just watched Johnson's campaign launch - what a shambles. I can't believe he needed notes to deliver the same cliches and sound bites he's had in heavy rotation since he got the job. A few outright lies sprinkled amongst the fairy dust unicorn brexit Shite, as well.

The Lib Dems called out by YouGov over their made-up 'polls' that they put in their propaganda.  I have developed a burning hatred for the Lib Dems... the worst kind of forked-tongued duplicitous politicians who'd sell their granny for a bit of power.

https://evolvepolitics.com/yougov-confirm-the-lib-dems-are-now-publishing-entirely-made-up-polls-on-election-leaflets/

21 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

The Lib Dems called out by YouGov over their made-up 'polls' that they put in their propaganda.  I have developed a burning hatred for the Lib Dems... the worst kind of forked-tongued duplicitous politicians who'd sell their granny for a bit of power.

https://evolvepolitics.com/yougov-confirm-the-lib-dems-are-now-publishing-entirely-made-up-polls-on-election-leaflets/

Also this lot.

https://flavible.co.uk/statement

I get the impression that Best for Britain are just recommending Lib Dem in every constituency, pretending it's a tactical vote. They're taking the national swing to them in the Euro election and applying it to every constituency, ignoring more recent polling, and 2017.

Edited by welshbairn

Loving how there will have been two post-EU referendum general elections, yet all the Brexiteers are basing everything around "we voted to leave in 2016, let's respect the decision of the vote". 

In that case, I'll be happy to see my scumbag Tory seat return back into the hands of the SNP who held it at the time of the referendum, regardless of the result of this GE.  Hopefully we'll make that decision that little bit easier if/when it gets claimed back next month.

Eta:  I'm in Gordon, not Angus.  Hopefully it was the 'Salmond Bad' campaign that cost the SNP the last time around rather than it being anti-SNP per se.

Edited by Hedgecutter