General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

People are going in heavy on Malky when he’s almost certainly going to have the last laugh on friday morning.

No he won't. Whatever the result is, admitting to being a Tory is massively embarrassing.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

1 minute ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

You mean admitting to voting for the only party that will honour democracy?

Ah yes, the party that lies 88% of the time. Has a leader who can't even pretend to care when seeing a 4 year old suffer on the floor of an NHS hospital. Uses seats gained in English constituencies to block the democratic mandate in Scotland for another independence referendum.

They're a real honourable democratic caring bunch this tory lot.

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Really? Centre left? Surely you've got that wrong. 

This is the party who bent all the planning rules to bring Trump to Scotland in Aberdeen and which ruined land of significant environmental importance in the process. This is the party who gave £millions in subsidies to big business like Amazon to bring their low paid, zero hour contracts to Scotland. This is the party who cuddled up to Sir Freddy Goodwin offering RBS all the support the nation can give when they were making their fatal bid to buy ABN Amro. This is the party who forced the closure of a ship building yard on the Clyde, to then hand ownership of it over to one of their major party benefactors and one of the richest men in Scotland. This is also the party that sold off publicly owned assets to the likes of David Murray for £1. The party who have made it a fundamental policy of the Scottish Government to pay land rent to some of the UK's richest families to put wind turbines on. And the party who nationalised Prestwick Airport so Donald Trump could use it to fly in American military and government staff so they could stay at the Trump hotel in Troon.

They might like to kid on they are slightly left centrists in politics but their record in government paints a very different picture. However whether you view them as right or left of centre, they are certainly authoritarian - dangerously so. This is the party that won't let it's elected officials talk to the press without first briefing central office. This is the party whom, if you disagree with them even slightly they cast you aside and attempt to humiliate you or ridicule you - as they have done to both Alex Neill and to Jim Sillars. This is the party who admit to using software that was similar to that used by Cambridge Analytica to utilize Social Media as their tool for fake news and propaganda. And this is the party who are quite happy to encourage their supporters to tell opponents that they should "f**k off to England" or to call opponents "Quislings" and "Traitors" without any word of condemnation. And this is the party that sends out it's army of supporters to threaten and intimidate journalists and broadcasters, just because the party isn't happy about the way the news is being reported. 

But don't let me talk you out of voting for them Snafu, the last thing I want is for the Scottish Electorate to wake up and to vote Labour instead. I'd be far happier on Friday morning if I can come back on here to gloating SNP voters happy that their politicians have ensured that the Conservatives have won another term in office with a huge outright majority. 

.....anyway, then the producer said it's time to get on with tonight's joke

MV5BNWQyNGNjODQtMjE3NS00N2JiLWEyNGQtYjQzOTI1YTBkZjczXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODIxMjk4Ng@@._V1_.jpg

5 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

No he won't. Whatever the result is, admitting to being a Tory is massively embarrassing.

He's also a lying, fantasist c**t who is happy to condone a racist, homophobe as PM. Not many strengths in that lot tbh. Someone should ask him about the repeal of the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act. 

Ah yes, the party that lies 88% of the time. Has a leader who can't even pretend to care when seeing a 4 year old suffer on the floor of an NHS hospital. Uses seats gained in English constituencies to block the democratic mandate in Scotland for another independence referendum.

They're a real honourable democratic caring bunch this tory lot.

Well yes, they are the only party willing to deliver on Brexit, which was democratically voted for.

There is no ‘democratic mandate’ for indyref2 [emoji38]

Well yes, they are the only party willing to deliver on Brexit, which was democratically voted for.

There is no ‘democratic mandate’ for indyref2 [emoji38]

You’re voting for a party thats idea of democracy is to repeatedly lie to the British public. Putting a lie on the side of a bus, lying in the metro about universal credit, disguising themselves as an impartial “fact check” page on twitter to name a few examples. Do you think it’s democratic for a political party to lie to the public in order to win votes? Do you think lying is a good example of upholding a high standard of democracy?

You’re voting for a party thats idea of democracy is to repeatedly lie to the British public. Putting a lie on the side of a bus, lying in the metro about universal credit, disguising themselves as an impartial “fact check” page on twitter to name a few examples. Do you think it’s democratic for a political party to lie to the public in order to win votes? Do you think lying is a good example of upholding a high standard of democracy?

All parties scaremonger and lie. I’m voting for the only party that is willing to acknowledge the result of the democratic vote we had. That party will also cruise to a majority so most people clearly agree with me.

All parties scaremonger and lie. I’m voting for the only party that is willing to acknowledge the result of the democratic vote we had. That party will also cruise to a majority so most people clearly agree with me.

That doesn’t answer my question. I asked you whether you think this behaviour is democratic or not.

35 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Think the youth vote is going to be crucial here

Well, that's that, then. Lolz.

Everyone was pointing out a few weeks ago that the polling companies were assuming a huge drop-off in younger voters in comparison to 2017. I think for the under 25s, the turnout they were expecting was about 50% of two years ago. If that turns out to be accurate, they've no right to complain about the result.