General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I suppose it all comes down to how we each balance the probability of revisiting/ratifying Brexit leading to tyranny Vs the misery that the conservatives have caused.

For me the former is very remote and the latter is too urgent and obvious to ignore. I base that on my Christian morality.

Christian morality you say? So you hate gays?

On 28/11/2019 at 18:36, Melanius Mullarkey said:

You know this, I’ve never noticed how much of a fanny that Tarmo character is until now.

It's all about them bites in the troll game.

The Times reports that the attacker was a convicted Islamist terrorist. He had been release early, was wearing an electronic tag and was in London to attend a conference near to London Bridge on prisoner rehabilitation.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I don't know Ruth Smeeth, but to accuse Margaret Hodge of having more loyalty to Israel or to other Jews than to the UK is fucking heinous. It's unequivocally anti-semitic, and if you don't see how then there's only one explanation for that.

Hodge and others are perfectly entitled to draw conclusions from the Labour Party's abject failure to deal with the huge number of complaints of anti-semitism inside the party under Corbyn's leadership. To suggest it's motivated by anything else is despicable. 

You obviously buy into the bullshit that a Corbyn is personally anti-Semitic and that the extent of the problem in the Labour Party is huge; neither is the case.  If either or both were then Hodge’s position might be driven by that but it’s obviously not.

I think Corbyn has many flaws but he has a long history of fighting discrimination, not something that can be said of lots of politicians who don’t get anything like the criticism he does.

7 hours ago, Ross. said:

Not suggesting a conspiracy in the slightest, but you can be certain there will be many trying to gain political capital from it.

The Times is reporting that the shot man was a convicted terrorist released with a tag. So you can be pretty sure that the people making political capital out of the deaths of 2 members of public, will actually be the Labour Party. But you will be against that, right?

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You obviously buy into the bullshit that a Corbyn is personally anti-Semitic and that the extent of the problem in the Labour Party is huge; neither is the case.  

Well we do have this ....

Corbyn is the head of the Snake and must take some blame.

Screenshot_2019-11-25-12-47-48.png

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Not wishing to upset anyone, as I probably have broadly similar political principles as the majority on here, but simply because Theresa May's government decided to adopt the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's definition of antisemitism almost three years ago doesn't mean we collectively have to accept it.

The term has been hijacked for political ends. Attempting to insult people on the basis of their religion is wrong, as is insulting the intelligence of the population.

And that's antisemitism not to accept it.

54 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I can't see what you're objecting to in there, accusing Jews of disloyalty to their country is a well-established anti-semitic trope, but ok. If he can back up that accusation with specific examples then fine, or course it's possibly true of some individuals; but a general smear is blatantly anti-semitic.

I'm assuming you are wondering why I don't accept the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's definition of antisemitism? If not I apologise. 

To put it simply, Jews aren't the only semites. If someone was accused of being anti-Jewish, that would be wrong. If someone is accused of being anti-Zionist, then that is a fair stance to take.

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

One of the passers by who tackled the attacker was a convicted murderer on Day release, according to the he Mail. Another used a 5ft long Narwhal tusk, taken from a display in Fishmongers Hall, to subdue him.

It used to be said in Glasgow years and years ago, that bank or shop robbers often ran the risk of getting mugged on their way to the getaway car!

3 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm assuming you are wondering why I don't accept the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's definition of antisemitism? If not I apologise. 

To put it simply, Jews aren't the only semites. If someone was accused of being anti-Jewish, that would be wrong. If someone is accused of being anti-Zionist, then that is a fair stance to take.

Even the guy that wrote it doesn't accept it as a definition of antisemitism. It's meant as a sociological tool for assessing antisemitism trends between countries, not to label anyone who questions the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians in 1948 and later as an antisemite. Here's a quote.

Imagine a definition designed for Palestinians. If “Denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, and denying Israel the right to exist” is antisemitism, then shouldn’t “Denying the Palestinian people their right to self-determination, and denying Palestine the right to exist” be anti-Palestinianism? Would they then ask administrators to police and possibly punish campus events by pro-Israel groups who oppose the two state solution, or claim the Palestinian people are a myth?

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/article/why-the-man-who-drafted-the-ihra-definition-condemns-its-use/

On 28/11/2019 at 22:45, Tarmo Kink said:

Letterboxes are red in my experience. Are Muslim women red?

56 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Christian morality you say? So you hate gays?

5 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Making a c**t of myself.