General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, yoda said:

Given that the entire "Hollywood is run by the Jews" thing is an extension of the "Jews control the media" trope, then the answer is, obviously, yes.

I literally cannot possibly think of any situation in which any sensible person would bring up "well those Jews sure do dominate the US movie industry!" unless they were about to go down a road littered with other anti-Semitic tropes.

So if something is (or at least was) factual then it is still wrong to say it?  

The reason it is relevant is the same reason we talk about rich, powerful, politically right-wing folk controlling the MSM.

If you have disproportionate control over popular culture then you can shape thinking through it.  Unless, of course, you do not think people are influenced by popular culture.

Given that the entire "Hollywood is run by the Jews" thing is an extension of the "Jews control the media" trope, then the answer is, obviously, yes.
I literally cannot possibly think of any situation in which any sensible person would bring up "well those Jews sure do dominate the US movie industry!" unless they were about to go down a road littered with other anti-Semitic tropes.
But in that case there's factual evidence. I fully understand the importance of historical tropes - but when there are statistics that clearly make the point (directors, producers, executives).

Just to be clear I'm talking about back in the heyday of Hollywood, as that's when I've read about it - I have no idea if it's still a thing.

35 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

But in that case there's factual evidence. I fully understand the importance of historical tropes - but when there are statistics that clearly make the point (directors, producers, executives).

Just to be clear I'm talking about back in the heyday of Hollywood, as that's when I've read about it - I have no idea if it's still a thing.

I made that point in my initial post.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

So if something is (or at least was) factual then it is still wrong to say it?  

Faith is irrelevant so the fact a number of studios (not all) were run by people of the jewish faith is irrelevant. Unless you think the confectionery industry was a quaker plot, I suppose.

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

Faith is irrelevant so the fact a number of studios (not all) were run by people of the jewish faith is irrelevant. Unless you think the confectionery industry was a quaker plot, I suppose.

I won’t repeat my post about the influence of popular culture but it’s there if you want to read it.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I won’t repeat my post about the influence of popular culture but it’s there if you want to read it.

"If you have disproportionate control over popular culture then you can shape thinking through it."

I think I've already posted about the anti-semitic trope of Jews being more true to their faith than their country. Clearly religion is no guide to anyone's politics as all christians would be lovely people rather than the mix of normal human beings and arseholes we know them to be.

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

"If you have disproportionate control over popular culture then you can shape thinking through it."

I think I've already posted about the anti-semitic trope of Jews being more true to their faith than their country. Clearly religion is no guide to anyone's politics as all christians would be lovely people rather than the mix of normal human beings and arseholes we know them to be.

I am sure there are Jews who are more faithful to their faith than ‘their country’.  Christians too; Muslims too.

I can think of certain Jewish Labour MPs who are more faithful to another country than the people they are supposed to represent.

Every joke that Lenny Bruce, Woody Allen, Larry David and Sarah Silverman made was hot lined to them from the Israeli Embassy in Washington. Fact.

P.S. Nobody talks about the preponderance of homosexuals in the entertainment industry. Maybe it's THEM!

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Of course, but it would have been useful to find out who he had been in contact with. Bit irrelevant though as it looks like the police had no choice. 

The fact that he had a hoax suicide vest on and knowing that central London police are armed he would have been aware there was only one fatal. outcome for himself.

His intention would have always been to cause as much mayhem and stabbing before the inevitable happened, there is no doubt he was on a suicide mission hence the fake vest inviting death. 

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I am sure there are Jews who are more faithful to their faith than ‘their country’.  Christians too; Muslims too.

I can think of certain Jewish Labour MPs who are more faithful to another country than the people they are supposed to represent.

Yeah, that's more faithful to another country rather than their faith. That's my point. The Golden Age jewish producers, owners and directors were often left-wing whereas the arseholes that lionise Israel and Netenyahu are right-wing.  Really Judaic teachings have nothing much to do with it.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

The fact that he had a hoax suicide vest on and knowing that central London police are armed he would have been aware there was only one fatal. outcome for himself.

His intention would have always been to cause as much mayhem and stabbing before the inevitable happened, there is no doubt he was on a suicide mission hence the fake vest inviting death. 

Plus it stopped him blabbing about the cheque he got from Arron Banks.

13 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Yes, so he achieved his mission by getting shot. Nothing to celebrate. I'd rather he spent the rest of his long life like Richard Reid, sitting in solitary looking at his burnt genitals wondering what it was all for.

Edited by welshbairn