General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Plus the degree to which folk drift right depends on whether they have property and pensions to protect. We're in a transition just now where that generation is using its resources to help their children buy homes, but rentierism is skimming off more of these houses so when they have children of their own, supply will be even more constricted by landlords. Paying a lot of your income to a landlord and not being able to retire at a time when life expectancy is dropping, uniquely in western Europe, do not foster those conditions.

These are fair points.  However people will still move politically to the right as they grow older, we just have to hope it doesn’t happen to the same degree has it has historically.

8 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Now he’s going after the BBC!  Actually I don’t have an issue with that.  f**k the license fee.

Team Boris has been hinting that they will refuse to subject themselves to interviews on the Radio 4 Today programme.

If this fucks up the Nick Robinson cu nt that will be fine with me.

Now he’s going after the BBC!  Actually I don’t have an issue with that.  f**k the license fee.

.....and Channel 4 will get fücked over by the Tories too.
Johnson is a mirror image of Trump in taking ‘revenge’ on organisations perceived to have ‘done him wrong’.
Get used to it.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Team Boris has been hinting that they will refuse to subject themselves to interviews on the Radio 4 Today programme.

If this fucks up the Nick Robinson cu nt that will be fine with me.

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

Got to disagree there, I'm not the BBC's biggest fan, but his spat with the BBC just reeks of petulance. 

5 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

I said this would happen. The tories are rewarding her for splitting the remain vote. Exactly as intended by the Lib Dems.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/jo-swinson-could-parachuted-house-21101824

This is a batshit mental statement. 

The Lib Dems have been the most pro EU party for as long as they existed. They were always going to attract remain voters in any election. It was up to Labour to work around that. To try to pretend that their existence was some kind of Tory plot to slit the remain vote is drivel. The 2015 dissolution honours the Lib Dems got 11 Lords raised, Ex party leaders getting raised to the Lords is a norm in UK politics, if they want it. 

You are trying to make a conspiracy out of the mundane realities of British politics.

5 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

This is a batshit mental statement. 

The Lib Dems have been the most pro EU party for as long as they existed.

Even when they were shouting from the roof tops 10 years ago for an EU referendum? bQshDtu.png

5 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

They were always going to attract remain voters in any election. It was up to Labour to work around that.

and how exactly would they "work around it"? The Lib Dems were clear that they weren't going to work with Labour. So they took tactical voting right off the table, while urging as many people as possible to vote for their party. Knowing exactly what effect it would have.

Edited by BawWatchin

7 hours ago, Ross. said:

If there is a drop in GBP anything like what i’ve seen tipped it will be very interesting to see what the knock on effect is in the housing market. Most of the recovery in average price since 2008 was inflation related to sterling being devalued. Luxury housing and top end stuff in London is still popular and despite small drops, would probably surge again as rich foreigners sniff out a relative bargain there. Possibility that house prices will rise sharply even if demand falls. The whole thing has the potential to be a monumental clusterfuck in so many ways.

The higher end of the London property market has been dead since the referendum. Perhaps that might change. But one of the main drivers of the super prime property market in "global cities" like London, Sydney, New York, Miami etc has been as a wealth store *(or at least that is what I have been reading and hearing for a while). Russian, Arab, Chinese and others have been seeking places to stash cash in case of changes in government, economics or government policy in their homes. Places with a good reputation for rule of law and well wired into the global economy. Perhaps certainty will bring the money back into London.

For this city specifically it has grown from about 6 million in 1990 to over 8 million toady without a significant growth in available homes. This has driven the mid market housing off like a rocket. 

Screen-Shot-2013-03-21-at-10.05.57-500x3

2 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

The higher end of the London property market has been dead since the referendum. Perhaps that might change. But one of the main drivers of the super prime property market in "global cities" like London, Sydney, New York, Miami etc has been as a wealth store *(or at least that is what I have been reading and hearing for a while). Russian, Arab, Chinese and others have been seeking places to stash cash in case of changes in government, economics or government policy in their homes. Places with a good reputation for rule of law and well wired into the global economy. Perhaps certainty will bring the money back into London.

For this city specifically it has grown from about 6 million in 1990 to over 8 million toady without a significant growth in available homes. This has driven the mid market housing off like a rocket. 

Screen-Shot-2013-03-21-at-10.05.57-500x3

Is that a euphemism for money laundering? 

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Versus any more high minded reason, yes sure. Maybe an even bigger multiple, why not?

Regarding your second attempt at a 6 yard sitter that is in a geostationary orbit, I said "or" in order to cover both types of immigrant that Brexit voters typically dislike.

Don't want to be too pedantic here, Mixu, but...

"in order to cause pain to people with strange names or dark skin" means people would automatically qualify for grief if they fell into either category. If you meant they might qualify for grief if they were in one category or they might qualify for grief if they were in the other category, then - depending upon which kind of Brexity cnt was doing the seething, you need an extra "people" before the words "dark skin".

You're welcome.

Just now, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Is that a euphemism for money laundering? 

Many of them will be "legitimate" businesses. In so far as anyone with large amounts of shares in Russian oil and gas could be seen as legitimate or so on. These are countries were some people have become very wealthy but the governments are prone to sudden changes of whim. If your faction falls out of favour in Russia, the crack downs on the princes in Saudi, the Chinese regimes habit of suddenly arresting and executing rivals to Xi on corruption charges etc. 

6 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Don't want to be too pedantic here, Mixu, but...

"in order to cause pain to people with strange names or dark skin" means people would automatically qualify for grief if they fell into either category. If you meant they might qualify for grief if they were in one category or they might qualify for grief if they were in the other category, then - depending upon which kind of Brexity cnt was doing the seething, you need an extra "people" before the words "dark skin".

You're welcome.

:blink:

13 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

You very much do want to be for whatever reasons you wanted. A child could get the gist of what was meant but then a child tends not to be spoiling for an argument about nothing.

Oh, dry your eyes. You start off with a piss-take of Moomintroll, saying 99% of Brexit voters are racists. Then you go on to correct my English comprehension skills and throw in a "missing a sitter" metaphor for good measure. Then, when I simply point out your mistake , you take the huff? Sheesh.