General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Walked into that one then. But she was still hounded by the party faithful for not just sweeping the alleged anti Semitism away.

You don’t half post some shite.  Kuenssberg was one of many in the MSM who exaggerated the anti-Semitism issue and Corbyn’s supposed personal anti-Semitism whilst making little or no reference to the far more provable racism of Boris Johnson. 

You don’t half post some shite.  Kuenssberg was one of many in the MSM who exaggerated the anti-Semitism issue and Corbyn’s supposed personal anti-Semitism whilst making little or no reference to the far more provable racism of Boris Johnson. 

Oh dear. I think Kuenssberg was talking about the actual Labour Party policy as opposed to articles written while employed as a journalist that were deliberately designed to provoke debate.

28 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I'm not sure that May would have resisted an election in 17 had it been a more 'credible' Labour leader, as she would absolutely stuck on Brexit, and would still have been forced into holding a GE.

I honestly don't think that's the case at all.

There was no "force" for her to "resist".   She was under no great pressure to hold that election.  She had a smallish but certainly suitably substantial overall majority, and had said she was disinclined to take that step.  When it was announced in the April, it was a genuine surprise, eclipsed only by the result, that saw Labour do much better than anyone had really thought possible.

She made that decision simply as a matter of ill judged opportunism.  Had Labour have looked more credible that Spring, May wouldn't have gone anywhere near an election.

Legacy of this is that Remainers could easily have forced a second referendum in Parliament if they could have left their egos at home and agreed on a caretaker PM to deliver it. And Blair and his chums ran the worst, most patronising and ignorant campaign in history with "The People's Vote!". 
Or if Labour had said to May that they'd let her deal through so long as it went to a referendum.

Instead they decided to bleat on about having a General Election - only to have their bluff called when Boris replaced May.

23 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Or if Labour had said to May that they'd let her deal through so long as it went to a referendum.

Instead they decided to bleat on about having a General Election - only to have their bluff called when Boris replaced May.

Maybe, but that would have utterly split the Tories which I don't think May would have gone for. She's a Tory Party, Church of England and fancy shoes girl to the core, in that order. The national interest is probably next.

While delighted with the SNP getting the 48 seats, I am still despairing at how voting went elsewhere and I am not surprised however at Tory support in England.

No matter how evil their policies and views on ordinary are people worryingly still vote for them.

So much for having faith in humanity to do the right thing 😢😢

7 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

While delighted with the SNP getting the 48 seats, I am still despairing at how voting went elsewhere and I am not surprised however at Tory support in England.

No matter how evil their policies and views on ordinary are people worryingly still vote for them.

So much for having faith in humanity to do the right thing 😢😢

There is nothing at all to suggest the Conservatives will do anything "evil". You need to stop this hyperbollic bullshit. 

Its the kind of rubbish that saw a suppose antifa demo in London today wanting to overthrow the democratically elected government. What a bunch of morons! 

So much for having faith in humanity to do the right thing [emoji22][emoji22]

I dont think people votes for tory because they support their policies. They probably voted for them because labour were a complete shambles and having them in the power would have been a step back to the victorian days. They would have led the uk back to recession with some of their policies

5 hours ago, Malky3 said:

There is nothing at all to suggest the Conservatives will do anything "evil". You need to stop this hyperbollic bullshit. 

Its the kind of rubbish that saw a suppose antifa demo in London today wanting to overthrow the democratically elected government. What a bunch of morons! 

Of course there isn't, they just want to "Get Brexit Done"

That's the only thing that matters to the English, and Boris is going to be there for them.

Fortunately the Scots are a much more enlightened race and who benefit from having a much more enlightened administration.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

I dont think people votes for tory because they support their policies. They probably voted for them because labour were a complete shambles and having them in the power would have been a step back to the victorian days. They would have led the uk back to recession with some of their policies
I've, up till now, let you blather on, categorizing you as just another ignoramus thinking they are switched on because they can Google. This, however, is beyond the pale.
There's only one Party whose policies are taking us back to Victorian times, with massive inequality, no worker's rights, lack of accessible healthcare, and a rigid have/have not division of society.
It's not Labour.

I've, up till now, let you blather on, categorizing you as just another ignoramus thinking they are switched on because they can Google. This, however, is beyond the pale.
There's only one Party whose policies are taking us back to Victorian times, with massive inequality, no worker's rights, lack of accessible healthcare, and a rigid have/have not division of society.
It's not Labour.

You seem very defensive. I have said previously that the tories are pretty abhorrent and their policies divisive. I am playing devil’s advocate here. A lot of people want brexit out the way and dont want anymore uncertainty. Plus labours policies were extreme. So the only alternative was the tories for these people

16 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

It's not Labour.

Of course Labour's policies weren't taking us back to Victorian times. They are however an utter fucking shambles north and south of the border. The general public aren't going to vote for a party, large swathes of which have absolutely no respect for it's leader. The Conservative Party is of course riven with utter vermin from top to bottom however the last show of dissent was stamped on with 20-odd whip-removals. Corbyn just didn't have the stones to deal with MPs actively and very publicly undermining him. How can he expect the public to take him seriously when his own party visibly have so little respect for him? 

Labour were painted into a corner over brexit, and no matter how logical the eventual Brexit policy was when stripped down, it was too complex for a large number of voters, who let's face it, are as thick as f**k. Boris's "Get Brexit Done" was basically a tabloid headline used as policy and appealed greatly to the thickos who read the Sun, Star etc. 

UK Labour look like they're going to go down the traditional SLab route of blaming the voters for not voting for them, instead of realising they are an absolute fucking rabble and won't be anywhere near government for decades without serious party reform. 

The incredible age divide in British politics.
IMG_20191214_091807.thumb.jpg.94ebdf4dee16e82875decdc88db5dedf.jpg

That’s genuinely sickening. If you combined the 18-50 vote, effectively the working demographic, you’re probably looking at 125-150 Tory seats. Instead we have 368.

f**k old people.