General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Quite enjoying the coloured fonts here. It’s like Football Manager on the ZX Spectrum.

On this note, I think it was your good self who referred me to Torinak, and I've been gleefully shitting on the welfare of my laptop keyboard playing Hyper Sports since, so have a Charlie for that. 

ETA - bonus greenie for anyone who can remember the name of that quiz show with Paul Coia/Jane Franchi where one of the rounds was playing the vaulting horse from said button basher. 

Edited by carpetmonster

I'll just add that the Scottish Green Party are with the SNP on Independence. So that's 46%. [emoji4]
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/greens-manifesto-demands-scottish-independence-20957373
With Jo Swinson gone the Lib Dems might have to rethink their stance on an Indyref2. I'm quite sure their no to Indyref2 and Swinson's previous while working with the Conservatives in the Coalition Government has caught up with her and cost the Lib Dems in Scotland.
With the arch ditherer out of the way at Labour they are going to need some strong leadership and a rethink on policies, could the new leadership be sympathetic towards being fair over the possibility of Scottish Independence?
Even Leonard was conceding that they may need to review their stance on the constitutional question.

I still feel that won't happen though - too many bellends in the West Central belt Labour Party who still think they are "something".

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I find it relaxing and won't go overboard with it when I use it, not like I use to.

Am I correct in saying that Pittodrie is in Aberdeen North?

Seaton is, so I'd think it would be, without delving into which streets mark boundaries and whatnot. 

Edited by carpetmonster

5 hours ago, Malky3 said:

I cannot agree. Sturgeon made the election in Scotland about Indy Ref 2 - not about Brexit. She did that quite deliberately and she's only managed 45% of vote - the same kind of figures that voted Yes in the Referendum in 2014. 

Boris Johnson has a clear and substantial majority in the House of Commons. He will serve the full term and he will not sanction a second Independence Referendum - just as he didn't sanction a second EU referendum. Scotland voted in it's once in a generation Independence Referendum and voted No. The fact that every opinion poll since, and every election since Scotland has proved conclusively that there has been no change in the figures puts the issue to bed. 

Pish.

24 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

On this note, I think it was your good self who referred me to Torinak, and I've been gleefully shitting on the welfare of my laptop keyboard playing Hyper Sports since, so have a Charlie for that. 

ETA - bonus greenie for anyone who can remember the name of that quiz show with Paul Coia/Jane Franchi where one of the rounds was playing the vaulting horse from said button basher. 

I believe that was 'First Class' for schoolweans to compete against each other. Debbie Greenwood (whom Paul Coia was married to) was the presenter in the latter days.

They used to get a crack at Paperboy as well.

And 720° ! 😍

Edited by IggyStooge

That's the boy. I'd forgotten about them having 720 as well, loved that game on the Spectrum. If I could give a second greenie for a brief flicker transmitting from somewhere in the back of my brain to my trouser region from remembering Debbie Greenwood, please be assured I would be all over it. Wikipedia indicates Coia is still married to her, jammy bassa. 

ETA - I think I've also gotten myself confused with Jane Franchi, and am thinking of Superscot for her, which involved no 8-bit shenanigans, bar the haircuts

Edited by carpetmonster

What has been absolutely hilarious is watching all the lefties simultaneously handwringing over poor working folks who have to use foodbanks and calling the same people racist, bigoted c***s for ignoring their patronising pity and voting Tory anyway.  [emoji38]
In their millions.  [emoji38]
What a disgusting post

It's interesting to watch Unionists try to dilute what the SNP's manifesto mandate is.

The thing is though it's not the SNP who've shown that No to IndyRef2 is a busted flush.

The one party who definitely made this vote unambiguously about IndyRef2 was the Tory Party - their position was clearly rejected when they lost over half their Scottish seats and dropped in the share of the vote.

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I think the SNP still has some work to do up there in the North East

Hector Brocklebank wants his fash back from the Common Fisheries Policy. Maybe once that's settled one way or the other over the next year or two, the Tories won't look quite so appealing again.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Not a Tory stronghold.

Can't call Cove Rangers Tories now

But those Peterhead and Elgin fans !!!

I think the SNP still has some work to do up there in the North East

Don't leave out the Lossie c***s.

Edited by welshbairn

Old boy in the post office earlier “whit a disaster last night eh? That’s voting for the SNP letting the Tories in again. If Scotland had voted labour it would have been a labour government today”.
Silly old c**t.

That’s not got nothing to do with politics either.

It’s just basic fucking maths.