General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What has been absolutely hilarious is watching all the lefties simultaneously handwringing over poor working folks who have to use foodbanks and calling the same people racist, bigoted c***s for ignoring their patronising pity and voting Tory anyway.  :lol:

In their millions.  :lol:

I'm fairly left wing , and I haven't done that.  A real ignorant comment from you. You haven't a clue about the voting decisions

of people who use food banks.

Edited by beefybake

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What has been absolutely hilarious is watching all the lefties simultaneously handwringing over poor working folks who have to use foodbanks and calling the same people racist, bigoted c***s for ignoring their patronising pity and voting Tory anyway.  :lol:

Highlighting the struggle of some to make ends meet while challenging the lie they've been fed that their poverty is down to cheap migrant labour?

Hilarious?  Really? Fucking hell.

Edited by Mr Heliums

8 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

We have to remember that everyone is entitled to their X going where they want, and these votes for the Tories are not necessarily because punters down there suddenly love Boris & Co. Maybe many of them, faced with a Boris or Corbyn choice, just couldn’t vote for Corbyn’s Labour. Much like Americans facing a Trump v Clinton choice. It was pretty much a case of vote for who you hated the least.

I agree with this, but I also think that if you voted based on personality rather than policy, then you deserve to be called all the fucknuggets under the sun.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I agree with this, but I also think that if you voted based on personality rather than policy, then you deserve to be called all the fucknuggets under the sun.

Then find an individual who voted for Boris because they like his shaggy blonde mane, or his taste in ties, and call them a fucknugget. We had posts on here last night branding entire regions as deserving everything they get if massive employers pull out of their areas. I do not agree with that sort of comment. The equivalent of someone down there saying ‘look at all those daft Jocks voting for wee Jimmy Krankie. Fcuk them’.

Just now, pozbaird said:

Then find an individual who voted for Boris because they like his shaggy blonde mane, or his taste in ties, and call them a fucknugget. We had posts on here last night branding entire regions as deserving everything they get if massive employers pull out of their areas. I do not agree with that sort of comment. The equivalent of someone down there saying ‘look at all those daft Jocks voting for wee Jimmy Krankie. Fcuk them’.

Thanks to the wonders of technology and social media, I have seen plenty of that. I have also seen as many English folk say they wish they had someone like Sturgeon in England, and as many Scottish folk telling English folk to move to Scotland and help the independence cause and create something far to the left of what England is creating. The narrative of the "Nasty SNP trolls" and "Cybernats" is as tiring as it is biased as it is unrepresentative of the vast majority of people commenting.

Imagine having Christine Jardine as your MP and Alex Cole-Hamilton as your MSP. Grim state of affairs for some Edinburgh voters. 

Absolutely dreadful stuff for us.

Alex Cole-Hamilton is the biggest w****r in a parliament with Jackson Carlaw and Murdo Fraser in it. Imagine that.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Thanks to the wonders of technology and social media, I have seen plenty of that. I have also seen as many English folk say they wish they had someone like Sturgeon in England, and as many Scottish folk telling English folk to move to Scotland and help the independence cause and create something far to the left of what England is creating. The narrative of the "Nasty SNP trolls" and "Cybernats" is as tiring as it is biased as it is unrepresentative of the vast majority of people commenting.

All sorts of comments from all sorts of people about all sorts of things. The wonders of the interweb. I still baulk at comments saying ‘fcuk um’ if Nissan or whoever GTF. If that happens, it happens to thousands of people who all voted differently.

Anyway, what can you do? Get on with life the best you can, as always. Under Thatcher, Blair, or whoever, we all have our lives to crack on with.

1 hour ago, johnthebaptistist said:

Its stated in their financial rules for joining.

We will have them sorted, 4 years of dither and spoiled child behavior from the remainers is now behind us, no doubt Gina Miller and her cronies will try to stop democracy for their own self promotion.

Got a link to where it explicitly says Scotland can't join?

What has been absolutely hilarious is watching all the lefties simultaneously handwringing over poor working folks who have to use foodbanks and calling the same people racist, bigoted c***s for ignoring their patronising pity and voting Tory anyway.  [emoji38]
In their millions.  [emoji38]
Aren't you the dumb f**k who had to sit down yesterday after failing to understand one of the most basic parts of Universal Credit? Pleasing to see you in such desperate need of attention here [emoji23]

Ultimately around 45% of voters across the UK have plumped for a 'pro-Brexit' party, meaning 55% have backed those leaning more towards Remain, yet this gives Johnson a 'clear' mandate for it. I accept that he now has one as he has a majority in the Commons, that's democracy.

Meanwhile in Scotland 45% of the electorate have voted for a pro-Independence stance. You can't have one 45% share being 'clear' and the other not, in terms of democracy. There is a mandate for Indy ref 2,due to the SNP having also won 5 Scottish elections in a row on that platform (2011, 15, 16, 17 and 19).

Johnson will of course deny that mandate, what happens next is anyone's guess.

What has been underestimated in fairness across England and Wales is the strong desire to Leave the EU, which clearly isn't there in Scotland. For lifelong Labour supporters to have backed the Tories in large numbers just to 'Get Brexit Done', even though they know it will make them financially worse off is a political position which is unparalleled. Ultimately that is their choice. Economist after economist has set out the implications of Brexit, they can't all be wrong. Clearly immigration feeds into the Brexit narrative in a big way in England and Wales, again that is their prerogative to take that view. A majority of Leave voters have cited that time after time, as the reason for their opinion.

Significantly the Yes movement started the 2014 Indy campaign on 25% support, that is now at 50%, and that's before Brexit has gone through. For Unionists expecting a walk in the park when Indy Ref 2 happens (might be next year though doubtful, might be 2022)...we will see. Expect Indy support to start rising over the next few months, and once the starting gun is fired to be in the lead.

Edited by Jedi

By that logic, with 43% the Tories have no mandate to govern.

My wife, who isn't particularly political, made exactly the same point about this narrative they seem to be pushing.

You don't have a mandate because you don't have 50% plus of the vote - tell me when in the UK (apart from Scotland in 2015) a party has achieved that?

If that's the logic no party has ever had a mandate.

Nobody wants to read what you write mate. A couple of posts worth of it is all it takes for your fair hearing to be done and if given a choice between trying to interpret some sort of cleverness in your base nastiness, or walking in on your father molesting your daughter, you'd go for the latter every time. 

ETA - apologies and clarification, 'nobody' should read as 'nobody with enough of a conscience to be able to be postively indentified as "human" as opposed to merely "sentient"

Edited by carpetmonster