General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Erm yes it is. In any referendum the majority wins just like in 2014.i know you were probably too drug addled to grasp that but if you can't get a majority you don't have any mandate for spending yet another £11million + on a referendum when that cash should be going into education and Scottish health care. 

Except this wasn't a binary issue, was it? The SNP is the main conduit for independence, but the Greens also support it. Some Labour and Liberal Democrat voters support it. EU nationals and 16/17 year olds who favour independence could not vote in the general election, but would be able to vote in an independence referendum. That is why polls now consistently show yes/no essentially split 50/50, with a majority in favour of Scotland's right to choose again one way or the other.

Now, back in your box you go and dry those tears.

3 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I wonder how many seats the SNP would have won had the 16 year vote had been in play? 

Agreed.  The tories are helped by their stronger turnout due to older voters as well.

If the overall turnout was into the 80% as it would be in indyref2, you'd likely see an overall younger electorate - which breaks hugely for the snp.

i completely forgot this election didn't include EU voters as a new indyref would.
it's definitely 50/50 now on the big question now isn't it.
Those in favour of the union, which I could be, surely some kind of compromise and respecting the different views of a union is needed.  i respect the other half of the country that's still unionist.  Surely devo max should be at least considered.
And 16/17 yr olds

12 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Imagine having Christine Jardine as your MP and Alex Cole-Hamilton as your MSP. Grim state of affairs for some Edinburgh voters. 

I'm in Edin West. It's horrific thanks to Labour voters. ACH in particular is a creep.

Meanwhile, this. His puss.

Edited by Crùbag

3 hours ago, johnthebaptistist said:

No i'm not on drugs but I do feel amazing this morning because of Boris, so I will be generous and give you both your points and I will give you a Yes vote at Indyref2. What happens next ? By that time you are out of the EU and now the UK. The EU has stated that they won't let you in, are you going to be a completely stand alone country ?

Where has the EU stated this?

As to the second, that describes rUK perfectly. Got any trade-deals sorted yet? After... what, nearly 4 years?

1 minute ago, Crùbag said:

Where has the EU stated this?

As to the second, that describes rUK perfectly. Got any trade-deals sorted yet? After... what, nearly 4 years?

Its stated in their financial rules for joining.

We will have them sorted, 4 years of dither and spoiled child behavior from the remainers is now behind us, no doubt Gina Miller and her cronies will try to stop democracy for their own self promotion.