General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Malky3 said:

Nope - but in the same way tactical voting and the lack of decent leadership from other Scottish parties saw many vote for the SNP who would not vote for Scottish Independence. 

That being the case, we cannot rely on the voting % as a truly accurate guide, do you agree?

As has been said, the Scottish Tories made this first past the post election ALL about indy ref 2. Nothing about Brexit or any other issues, just about a second independence referendum. The SNP won 81% of constituencies, by Tory arguments that's an absolute and undeniable mandate.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

As has been said, the Scottish Tories made this first past the post election ALL about indy ref 2. Nothing about Brexit or any other issues, just about a second independence referendum. The SNP won 81% of constituencies, by Tory arguments that's an absolute and undeniable mandate.

I disagree the SNP had on the bus stop brexit for me it was more of a remain vote than a independence vote.
The mandate is there but needs work. 

6 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Hi Malky,

Are you saying that absolutely every Labour and Lib Dem voter will vote against independence?

Even with several on here saying they are pro independence?

Thanks.

A sensible approach really and similar to the people I know.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I am only close to one of these people, the others had posted their views on Twitter but I do know them personally and was pretty surprised to see the change. For all three, it was simply a case of it not actually making a difference what they voted that seemed to spark the change.

Voting for Indy would then go on to provide a platform where their vote would actually matter in the post-indy elections.

14 minutes ago, Ross. said:

That being the case, we cannot rely on the voting % as a truly accurate guide, do you agree?

It's as good an indication as we can get. All the opinion pollls show similar figures as did the Independence Referendum of 2014. All the evidence shows there is no increased support for Scottish Independence - indeed as I pointed out the SNP polled nearly 400,000 fewer votes than voted for Independence back then. 

Just now, Malky3 said:

It's as good an indication as we can get. All the opinion pollls show similar figures as did the Independence Referendum of 2014. All the evidence shows there is no increased support for Scottish Independence - indeed as I pointed out the SNP polled nearly 400,000 fewer votes than voted for Independence back then. 

So you agree then that if the Conservatives can poll their % and declare themselves a peoples government, the SNP polling their numbers have the right to do the same?

26 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

And the Unionist argument won. 54% of the share of the vote. 

In Scotland?

18 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Nope - but in the same way tactical voting and the lack of decent leadership from other Scottish parties saw many vote for the SNP who would not vote for Scottish Independence. 

The yes movement is a totally different animal.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

So you agree then that if the Conservatives can poll their % and declare themselves a peoples government, the SNP polling their numbers have the right to do the same?

It was a UK Election. The SNP got 3.9%. 

Sorry to be a broken record but how does that translate into a referendum? The Tories aren’t going to be swayed with a By Your Logic as they’re shameless c***s.

All aggregated polling I've seen and heard from John Curtice suggests independence and union is sitting at basically 50/50.

Which is higher than the snp share of the vote of 45%.

Why? Because Labour and remain voters are breaking for yes more than snp voters are breaking the other way.

How can that be denied? There's clearly been an increase in support.

1 minute ago, tirso said:

All aggregated polling I've seen and heard from John Curtice suggests independence and union is sitting at basically 50/50.

Which is higher than the snp share of the vote of 45%.

Why? Because Labour and remain voters are breaking for yes more than snp voters are breaking the other way.

How can that be denied? There's clearly been an increase in support.

No there hasn't. 

5 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

No there hasn't. 

14078338158_0d25b5af95_b.jpg

Forgive me if I believe Sir John Kevin Curtice (Professor of Politics and a Senior Research Fellow at the National Centre for Social Research) over a poster who's clearly digging a deeper and deeper hole for himself. 

Edited by Hedgecutter