General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, speckled tangerine said:

Keir starmer? Labour will probably shoot themselves in the foot again with Angela Rayner or someone just to let a woman have a turn.

It will all be about treachery, betrayal, factions, schisms, tribes and everything else that suggests a party at war with itself.  People's Front of Judea crap.  The Tory Party was destroying itself and ready to be put out to pasture.  Labour should have walked this election but they lost badly.  A Labour Party that is mainly focused on the Labour Party will lose again.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Interesting to see how quickly voters will a) turn on Boris if things start going wrong or b) how quickly he'll abandon the helm like a former girlfriend

Not really.  See Trump.  Every week a new scandal and yet his voters stay true.

42 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

Well thanks for all your support over the last few days and your assistance in getting a Tory landslide for the UK. Brexit will now get done and a more stable progressive UK will develop over the next few months. I congratulate the SNP getting 48 seats and ensuring the Tory victory, a bit sorry for Sturgeon who failed in her main task of stopping Boris and still the votes for pro independence parties remain under 50% of the electorate so no obvious mandate for Indyref2. 

Next election I will be voting SNP as their support fits in with my ideology of hatred, racism and petty name calling. 

image.png.d86339daa4e06926c13c90772e212c86.png

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Don’t get old. Don’t get sick. Don’t get disabled. Don’t get unemployed. Don’t get zero hours contracted. Don’t get poor. Don’t get unlucky. Don’t get depressed. Don’t get vulnerable. Don’t get abused. Don’t get ideas above your station. Britain in the 2020s

Still, good news about the Chocolate Oranges. 

35 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Are you on drugs?

Scotland could have voted entirely Labour and it woiuld make NO difference against 530odd English seats.

As Indyref2 mandate:

1. All the literature I received from Unionists told me that a vote for the SNP was one for Indyref2. Can't back down now they've won a massive landslide.

2. Recent research showed 49% of Labour voters support Indy. Add to that all our EU nationals and 16/17 year olds. If you're so confident, implore Boris to give us Indyref2 and end it.

No i'm not on drugs but I do feel amazing this morning because of Boris, so I will be generous and give you both your points and I will give you a Yes vote at Indyref2. What happens next ? By that time you are out of the EU and now the UK. The EU has stated that they won't let you in, are you going to be a completely stand alone country ?

6 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

No i'm not on drugs but I do feel amazing this morning because of Boris, so I will be generous and give you both your points and I will give you a Yes vote at Indyref2. What happens next ? By that time you are out of the EU and now the UK. The EU has stated that they won't let you in, are you going to be a completely stand alone country ?

where have the EU said they won't let you in?

31 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Probably been mentioned before, but looks like Corbyn was right of being wary of going full tilt for stopping Brexit, Workington man won it for Johnson. Taking Lib Dem remainer votes away wouldn't have been enough.

Yeah. I can't think of a Brexit policy that would have seen Labour hold onto their Leavey heartlands while gaining in the Remain voting South. The election was only ever going to go one way. Have to hope for better days when Brexit is "done" but really worried this could be a realigning election like in America in 1968, and the racists could dominate in former Labour held seats for decades.

i completely forgot this election didn't include EU voters as a new indyref would.

it's definitely 50/50 now on the big question now isn't it.

Those in favour of the union, which I could be, surely some kind of compromise and respecting the different views of a union is needed.  i respect the other half of the country that's still unionist.  Surely devo max should be at least considered.