General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Malky3 said:

Rubbish. A big Tory majority means they don't need to bother about the SNP. They can simply swat them away. There's no chance of a legal Indy Ref 2 whilst the Tories have a solid majority. 

So they can simply ignore Scotland? I'm happy with that.
We'll just take our independence and they can ignore us forever. Simples.

Edited by BawWatchin

9 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

You're best hope was a hung parliament. 

I’m not usually one to judge people by their grasp of the English language but I’m going to presume that @Malky3‘s basic errors indicate he is an immigrant for whom English is not his first language.

Edited by The OP

Just now, Mastermind said:

Waking up to great result as expected for the SNP and a spectacular result for the Tories. It looks like Brexit will now be done and dusted and normality will now resume.

An embarrassment of a night for Labour and Corbyn.

It's a great result for the tories and a spectacular result for the SNP.

On 10/12/2019 at 03:49, GordonS said:

Barring a major campaigning disaster, my prediction:

SNP 43 (9 gains, 1 loss)

Con 9 (losing Angus, Stirling, Ochil and Ayr)

LD 5 (gaining NE Fife)

Lab 2 (Edin South & Kirkcaldy)

I'd keep an eye on East Ren and Aberdeen South, but I can't see anything else moving. East Ren's Tories are a pretty educated bunch and they hate Johnson, but they hate Corbyn and Sturgeon even more. And I'm not all that confident about predicting those Tory losses - it really depends on enough 2017 Labour voters switching to SNP.

I can't make a UK prediction because I don't understand England any more.

So both my ones-to-watch changed hands, and I was wrong on Kirkcaldy, Gordon and East Dunbartonshire (all very close). I'm happy enough with that.

Just now, Rodhull said:

Lib Dems hold Caithness.

Shitebags.

200 in it tae. 

That's the magic 50 impossible. Safe for 48, see what happens in shetland and Orkney but I can't see that changing from lib dem. 48 out of 59 is very impressive indeed. 

Going to sleep, up in 2 hours to look after my poorly baby daughter as my wife is at work. Going to be a long day! 

Just now, Malky3 said:

Will the anti semite that has SNP support withdrawn from him before the election take the SNP whip? Is it acceptable to have an anti semite represent your party? 

Why not?
The tories have a LEADER representing them who is an openly racist, sexist, xenophobic bigot.

1 minute ago, Malky3 said:

Will the anti semite that has SNP support withdrawn from him before the election take the SNP whip? Is it acceptable to have an anti semite represent your party? 

We have a racist, homophobe as PM so it would seem so.

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

SNP finish on 49 then - the nation is spared the Drumnadrochit Drowning.

So the SNP didn't even make it to 50. Dear oh dear. 

What will be interesting is when all the votes are counted in Scotland to see if the Independence Parties managed to get more than 50% of the vote. If they didn't they haven't got a mandate for Indy Ref 2 from the people of Scotland. Cuirrently it looks like the Nationalist parties only have 46%

Edited by Malky3

Only the most lunatic would see a Tory victory as good for Scotland. Those who voted for them in the North of England can reap what they sow now.  A 10 year mandate given over a Brexit which could have been done by now if the Tories had been any good.

Dark days ahead for England. Once again showing the futility of Scotland remaining in the Union.