General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like my wee outing to the church hall tbh
Aye, I'd miss the weird wee ritual. My maw did the proxy vote thing for me when I was out of the country years ago, and I was curiously sad about the whole thing.

...might have been because she voted for Thatcher once in the Eighties, right enough.

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

Turn out is way up in Glasgow. 

They were at 40% by 3 o'clock which is apparently far higher than normal. 

Definitely busy in my station in Rutherglen. Had to wait in a wee queue and a lot of names scored out a 6ish tonight.

Just now, Dunfermline Don said:

Busy polling station in Dunfermline. 2 ticks for SNP.
Son had voted over at Herriot Watt University. Asked him what the constituency was but he didn’t know!!! Can anyone help so I can check the result. Presume it’s Edinburgh West or South West.

You did a Jackson Carlaw? Keep it schtum.

12 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I’m still refusing to let optimism take over and actually believe these things, but rumours are flying round that exit polls have genuinely got Johnson in trouble in Uxbridge so far.

160CB89D-FDD9-439F-8CE4-FD7A29BCBDB1.jpeg.4e4834e70e4c5426f25e79eb81f480c8.jpeg

PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE BE TRUE.

No more Johnson as PM  if he gets voted out of his Uxbridge as you can not have a PM that has no seat I believe.

I certainly can not think of any precedence for such an event though 

3 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Busy polling station in Dunfermline. 2 ticks for SNP.

Son has voted over at Herriot Watt University. Asked him what the constituency was but he didn’t know!!! Can anyone help so I can check the result. Presume it’s Edinburgh West or South West.

Pretty sure that will be South West.

4 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE BE TRUE.

No more Johnson as PM  if he gets voted out of his Uxbridge as you can not have a PM that has no seat I believe.

I certainly can not think of any precedence for such an event though 

Off the top of my head, Alec Douglas-Home was PM for a year when he wasn't an MP in the 'sixties.

6 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Alec Douglas Home was a Lord when he was selected to become PM, he resigned the lords and was elected to parliament in Kinross. 

I think that in theory someone will take the hit for him and give him a seat in deepest Brexitist rural Essex or some such.

Though the humiliation may make his resigning inevitable. 

Edited by dorlomin

1 minute ago, dorlomin said:

Alec Douglas Home was a Lord when he was selected to become PM, he resigned the lords and was elected to parliament in Kinross. 

I think that in theory someone will take the hit for him and give him a seat in deepest Brexitist rural Essex or some such.

Though the humiliation may make his resigning inevitable. 

Aye, that's it: he wasn't an MP when elected. Surely if Johnson lost his seat the Tories aren't likely to keep him on as PM. It'd be humiliation for Johnson and all the party.

Just now, Dundee Hibernian said:

Surely if Johnson lost his seat the Tories aren't likely to keep him on as PM.

If it was a big Brexity win and he lost his seat then they would likely have to get him a new one. It has been as much about him and his version of Brexit. 

In the event of a hung parliament then it would be a convenient way of getting rid of him. Where the in between the two lies would be a matter for the dark recesses of Tory parliamentary skullduggery. 

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That's not what I did.

I had a go at him for telling us all about it.

Not my problem if you can't read.

You couldn't accuse him of virtue signaling if he hadn't put it in his post, because nobody would have known about it. I get that you can't accept that somebody might want to do good for others without anything in return - hence the accusation - and that indicates there's something deeply wrong with you as an individual - but that's exactly what you did. 

Here's your post

That's your choice but I'm not sure why you feel the urge to indulge in virtue signalling over it by telling us all.

Seriously. Stop trying to smarm over decent people. You can't even manage gaslighting, or trying to be clever by being disingenuous because you're as thick as utter f**k. Just f**k off mate. Seriously. f**k off. 

Edited by carpetmonster